• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

Doesn't matter what he "potentially" can do. Its what he actually does, which is little..3 points and a -6 in 11 games so far. You quit being dillusional. 2.8 million for what hes bringing right now is beyond overpaid.

How many games has he played? Oh right, 11.

For the record I never said Hudler was doing respectable or good. That is you trying to twist my argument so you can attempt to refute it.

My entire point is Hudler is not going to be traded based on so few games. His value isn't determined based on that either, despite you two trying your damnedest to say such about the "soft, heartless Euro". That is the delusion.

Posted Image

#42 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

How many games has he played? Oh right, 11.

For the record I never said Hudler was doing respectable or good. That is you trying to twist my argument so you can attempt to refute it.

My entire point is Hudler is not going to be traded based on so few games. His value isn't determined based on that either, despite you two trying your damnedest to say such about the "soft, heartless Euro". That is the delusion.

I'm saying if he CONTINUES to play like he has started the year, he'll be gone. I never called him a "soft, heartless Euro", so you're the one twisting my argument so you can refute it. Good try, though.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#43 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Hudler is a good hockey player, period. It's been 11 games, he just came back from a year in another country, and playing in totally different rinks (dimensions). After tonight, I hope the drubbing dies down a bit. This is a guy that put up 57 points, before the KHL, in about 13 minutes of ice time. 13 minutes, seriously, thats like 1 minute more than Darren Helm sees a game. He dominated in the AHL, easily held his own in the NHL, and destroyed the KHL (what some would call the next best pro league). Babcock and Holland know what they are doing.

Hudler is not Leino 2.0, not even close. With that said, look what Leino can do with the right guys. I wouldn't be suprised if Hudler finished with 50+ points (in third line minutes) and had a plus rating. I'd also be willing to bet other GM's don't think he's lazy and he sucks. I bet you'd have quite a few GM's with their hands out if he went on the market. Unlike Leino, when he was traded, Hudler has shown he can produce in this league.

Edited by achildr1, 11 November 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#44 HudlerFanatic

HudlerFanatic

You're my boy Huds!

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

LOL--

Eva and I been saying this for two years now! :P

Hudler is a good hockey player, period. It's been 11 games, he just came back from a year in another country, and playing in totally different rinks (dimensions). After tonight, I hope the drubbing dies down a bit. This is a guy that put up 57 points, before the KHL, in about 13 minutes of ice time. 13 minutes, seriously, thats like 1 minute more than Darren Helm sees a game. He dominated in the AHL, easily held his own in the NHL, and destroyed the KHL (what some would call the next best pro league). Babcock and Holland know what they are doing.

Hudler is not Leino 2.0, not even close. With that said, look what Leino can do with the right guys. I wouldn't be suprised if Hudler finished with 50+ points (in third line minutes) and had a plus rating. I'd also be willing to bet other GM's don't think he's lazy and he sucks. I bet you'd have quite a few GM's with their hands out if he went on the market. Unlike Leino, when he was traded, Hudler has shown he can produce in this league.

THIS

#45 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

Just remember its November and if you can get Hudler playing well he's going to put up more points then Miller, Abs or Eaves.

I like all those guys alot more at least right now than Hudler but he has a scoring ability that they do not. This is a short term sacrifice against a s***ty team with the hope that you can get happy moving in the right direction.

I agree with you that he could put of more points than Miller, Abs, Eaves and you forgot to mention Helm. However the fact is he isn't even producing. One assist tonight vs Edmonton. s*** Miller could have done that on the second line along with Eaves, Abs and Helm. Anyone else smelling trade. I really can't believe Babs thought Hudler could put up 60 points after playing a one year in the KHL. Playing there and then coming back, you aren't gonna put up big numnbers. I'll give Hudler some credit, he played okish tonight. However it was lowly Edmonton....

#46 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

I agree with you that he could put of more points than Miller, Abs, Eaves and you forgot to mention Helm. However the fact is he isn't even producing. One assist tonight vs Edmonton. s*** Miller could have done that on the second line along with Eaves, Abs and Helm. Anyone else smelling trade. I really can't believe Babs thought Hudler could put up 60 points after playing a one year in the KHL. Playing there and then coming back, you aren't gonna put up big numnbers. I'll give Hudler some credit, he played okish tonight. However it was lowly Edmonton....

No, none of those players would have had the patience to wait for an opportunity and make that pass through traffic right to Filppula.

The fourth line is great but they try to force things a lot.

Posted Image

#47 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

No, none of those players would have had the patience to wait for an opportunity and make that pass through traffic right to Filppula.

The fourth line is great but they try to force things a lot.

Yeah maybe not that specific play. Different players create different opportunites for teammates and themselves. It was a nice assist. Great. 2. whatever million and he's on average to have 20 points this season. Haha. Also love the fact of how s***ty you play you get promoted on this team. WTF...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 11 November 2010 - 11:16 PM.

#48 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

Yeah maybe not that specific play. Different players create different opportunites for teammates and themselves. It was a nice assist. Great. 2. whatever million and he's on average to have 20 points this season. Haha. Also love the fact of how s***ty you play you get promoted on this team. WTF...

Hate him however you want, he's still a great playmaker and made a great play that gave Flip what was pretty much a gimme goal.

At least recognize that.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#49 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

Yeah maybe not that specific play. Different players create different opportunites for teammates and themselves.

The fourth line had no points tonight.

It was a nice assist. Great. 2. whatever million and he's on average to have 20 points this season. Haha. Also love the fact of how s***ty you play you get promoted on this team. WTF...

And? Averages are useless this early on. Players get hot and cold throughout an entire 82 game season.

Also I love the fact that you think you know more than Mike Babcock. Good on you.

Posted Image

#50 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

The fourth line had no points tonight.

And? Averages are useless this early on. Players get hot and cold throughout an entire 82 game season.

Also I love the fact that you think you know more than Mike Babcock. Good on you.

Fourth line isn't suppose to score. Also I know jack s*** compared to Babs. Thanks. But if Hudler doesn't live up to expectations. I'll be talking with you in several months.

#51 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

Fourth line isn't suppose to score.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said they could have made more opportunities than Hudler did tonight. And they couldn't together get a lousy point between them?

Also I know jack s*** compared to Babs. Thanks. But if Hudler doesn't live up to expectations. I'll be talking with you in several months.

Well that is great, but maybe next time you should think before getting annoyed that Babcock feels like getting a 2.8 million dollar player going.

Posted Image

#52 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hate him however you want, he's still a great playmaker and made a great play that gave Flip what was pretty much a gimme goal.

At least recognize that.

It's the fact that Hudler has NOT been playing s***ty. He's not racking up the points and that's why he was "promoted." We know he has the talent and Babcock felt that maybe this could give him a spark. He played well tonight, I say give it another game or two to see if it starts anything consistent.

Nobody will be happy on these boards this season. We have way too many forwards who play well, and a few have to sit. It's a good problem to have, and I think juggling the lines for Hudler really worked. It just shows our team can switch lines and still be effective.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#53 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said they could have made more opportunities than Hudler did tonight. And they couldn't together get a lousy point between them?

Well that is great, but maybe next time you should think before getting annoyed that Babcock feels like getting a 2.8 million dollar player going.

Actually my point was Miller, Abs, Eaves and Helm paired with someone from the top 6. That's Hank, Dats, Homer, Flip, Franzen and I guess Bert.

Also I won't think. It's Babs job to get a 2.8 million boy going not me. He's the coach. I'm a fan and poster on a forum.

#54 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

So, obviously the lines looked good against a young EDM team. Still have yet to see how much energy the lines can manifest when they face a team that doesn't give them as much time and space.

Something I want to mention is Todd Bertuzzi's play. We all know Babs likes to have two guys play with the puck and another guy to do the dirty work. Obviously with the FFB line Bert was the guy who was supposed to do the dirty work and he did a good job. Now that he's with Mo and Bear, he's again one of the guys that gets to handle the puck. The first game went well, obviously, which isn't a surprise since lineup changes can do that. But I'm wondering if we're eventually going to see the Bert that made those ugly, frustrating turnovers at the blue line since he gets to have the puck a lot more. Or maybe that Bert no longer exists and makes smarter plays? Hope so.

#55 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:05 AM

Babs is going to have fun trying to figure out what to do when Draper is back

My wish: A healthy roster

#56 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

Herp de derp. :rolleyes:

Hudler got his money after posting 26g and 57pts. He's scored 25pts, 40pts, 42pts and 57pts since entering the league and is in his prime production age. It's certainly not surprising that he's taking some time to readjust to the NHL game after playing in the KHL for a year (where he was a point per game player).

It's legally retarded to expect this slump to extend into a 20pt season. Clearly you're not familiar with how things end up working out over an 82 game season for NHL players (especially players who possess talent like Hudler does).
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#57 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

Babs is going to have fun trying to figure out what to do when Draper is back

Easy, make him a permanent healthy scratch. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#58 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:03 AM

Easy, make him a permanent healthy scratch. :thumbup:

Hard to argue with that. Helm's been groomed to completely replace Drapes - even being put in key face-off situations one would expect Draper to take during the past 2 seasons. Time for the kids to play!!!! :siren: :siren: :siren:
Hockeytown - No Limits

#59 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:57 AM

Herp de derp. :rolleyes:

Hudler got his money after posting 26g and 57pts. He's scored 25pts, 40pts, 42pts and 57pts since entering the league and is in his prime production age. It's certainly not surprising that he's taking some time to readjust to the NHL game after playing in the KHL for a year (where he was a point per game player).

It's legally retarded to expect this slump to extend into a 20pt season. Clearly you're not familiar with how things end up working out over an 82 game season for NHL players (especially players who possess talent like Hudler does).

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll see. Clearly 82 games or not. I've been a fan of this team since 91. First every game I saw was Redwings vs Sharks at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Watching a young Lidstrom and Fedorov (probably one of my all time favorite wings) was brillant. Followed this team ever since. I've watched a few 82 game seasons since then I think. (give me a cookie)

The point is Hudler coped out when we needed him most. Wasn't a fan of him leaving for the KHL. Of course he was going to return at some point and when a player does your'e never quite the same. Hopefully I'm wrong about Huds. Maybe he can turn it around. However our depth system right now is pretty deep imo and if players aren't performing others should be given an opportunity. Not slagging anyone here or their opinion just posting mine.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 12 November 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#60 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll see. Clearly 82 games or not. I've been a fan of this team since 91. First every game I saw was Redwings vs Sharks at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Watching a young Lidstrom and Fedorov (probably one of my all time favorite wings) was brillant. Followed this team ever since. I've watched a few 82 game seasons since then I think. (give me a cookie)

The point is Hudler coped out when we needed him most. Wasn't a fan of him leaving for the KHL. Of course he was going to return at some point and when a player does your'e never quite the same. Hopefully I'm wrong about Huds. Maybe he can turn it around. However our depth system right now is pretty deep imo and if players aren't performing others should be given an opportunity. Not slagging anyone here or their opinion just posting mine.

I'd hate to break up the rant and the declaration of when you became a fan so as to give yourself undeserved credence for a post, especially to make up for horrendous points, but..

.. you kinda ignored the post you responded to which noted: a) Hudler's moving up is likely to provide a spark and as a confidence booster, b) he did play decently last game, c) not that players are never the same again upon moving between leagues but there's an obvious adjustment being that they are two different leagues on different continents with different playing styles.

If Hudler played an entire season this way it would merit asking these questions but there's still another 2/3 to 5/6 of a season left. Maybe you're getting the criticism you are because you're reacting so strongly, so early in the season.. something to think about instead of when you became a fan.

Edited by Shoreline, 12 November 2010 - 09:12 AM.