• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Eaves scratched tonight - Hudler top6

Rate this topic

Fourth line isn't suppose to score.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said they could have made more opportunities than Hudler did tonight. And they couldn't together get a lousy point between them?

Also I know jack s*** compared to Babs. Thanks. But if Hudler doesn't live up to expectations. I'll be talking with you in several months.

Well that is great, but maybe next time you should think before getting annoyed that Babcock feels like getting a 2.8 million dollar player going.

Hate him however you want, he's still a great playmaker and made a great play that gave Flip what was pretty much a gimme goal.

At least recognize that.

It's the fact that Hudler has NOT been playing s***ty. He's not racking up the points and that's why he was "promoted." We know he has the talent and Babcock felt that maybe this could give him a spark. He played well tonight, I say give it another game or two to see if it starts anything consistent.

Nobody will be happy on these boards this season. We have way too many forwards who play well, and a few have to sit. It's a good problem to have, and I think juggling the lines for Hudler really worked. It just shows our team can switch lines and still be effective.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said they could have made more opportunities than Hudler did tonight. And they couldn't together get a lousy point between them?

Well that is great, but maybe next time you should think before getting annoyed that Babcock feels like getting a 2.8 million dollar player going.

Actually my point was Miller, Abs, Eaves and Helm paired with someone from the top 6. That's Hank, Dats, Homer, Flip, Franzen and I guess Bert.

Also I won't think. It's Babs job to get a 2.8 million boy going not me. He's the coach. I'm a fan and poster on a forum.

So, obviously the lines looked good against a young EDM team. Still have yet to see how much energy the lines can manifest when they face a team that doesn't give them as much time and space.

Something I want to mention is Todd Bertuzzi's play. We all know Babs likes to have two guys play with the puck and another guy to do the dirty work. Obviously with the FFB line Bert was the guy who was supposed to do the dirty work and he did a good job. Now that he's with Mo and Bear, he's again one of the guys that gets to handle the puck. The first game went well, obviously, which isn't a surprise since lineup changes can do that. But I'm wondering if we're eventually going to see the Bert that made those ugly, frustrating turnovers at the blue line since he gets to have the puck a lot more. Or maybe that Bert no longer exists and makes smarter plays? Hope so.

Yeah maybe not that specific play. Different players create different opportunites for teammates and themselves. It was a nice assist. Great. 2. whatever million and he's on average to have 20 points this season. Haha. Also love the fact of how s***ty you play you get promoted on this team. WTF...

Herp de derp. :rolleyes:

Hudler got his money after posting 26g and 57pts. He's scored 25pts, 40pts, 42pts and 57pts since entering the league and is in his prime production age. It's certainly not surprising that he's taking some time to readjust to the NHL game after playing in the KHL for a year (where he was a point per game player).

It's legally retarded to expect this slump to extend into a 20pt season. Clearly you're not familiar with how things end up working out over an 82 game season for NHL players (especially players who possess talent like Hudler does).

Easy, make him a permanent healthy scratch. :thumbup:

Hard to argue with that. Helm's been groomed to completely replace Drapes - even being put in key face-off situations one would expect Draper to take during the past 2 seasons. Time for the kids to play!!!! :siren::siren::siren:

Herp de derp. :rolleyes:

Hudler got his money after posting 26g and 57pts. He's scored 25pts, 40pts, 42pts and 57pts since entering the league and is in his prime production age. It's certainly not surprising that he's taking some time to readjust to the NHL game after playing in the KHL for a year (where he was a point per game player).

It's legally retarded to expect this slump to extend into a 20pt season. Clearly you're not familiar with how things end up working out over an 82 game season for NHL players (especially players who possess talent like Hudler does).

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll see. Clearly 82 games or not. I've been a fan of this team since 91. First every game I saw was Redwings vs Sharks at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Watching a young Lidstrom and Fedorov (probably one of my all time favorite wings) was brillant. Followed this team ever since. I've watched a few 82 game seasons since then I think. (give me a cookie)

The point is Hudler coped out when we needed him most. Wasn't a fan of him leaving for the KHL. Of course he was going to return at some point and when a player does your'e never quite the same. Hopefully I'm wrong about Huds. Maybe he can turn it around. However our depth system right now is pretty deep imo and if players aren't performing others should be given an opportunity. Not slagging anyone here or their opinion just posting mine.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Shoreline

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We'll see. Clearly 82 games or not. I've been a fan of this team since 91. First every game I saw was Redwings vs Sharks at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Watching a young Lidstrom and Fedorov (probably one of my all time favorite wings) was brillant. Followed this team ever since. I've watched a few 82 game seasons since then I think. (give me a cookie)

The point is Hudler coped out when we needed him most. Wasn't a fan of him leaving for the KHL. Of course he was going to return at some point and when a player does your'e never quite the same. Hopefully I'm wrong about Huds. Maybe he can turn it around. However our depth system right now is pretty deep imo and if players aren't performing others should be given an opportunity. Not slagging anyone here or their opinion just posting mine.

I'd hate to break up the rant and the declaration of when you became a fan so as to give yourself undeserved credence for a post, especially to make up for horrendous points, but..

.. you kinda ignored the post you responded to which noted: a) Hudler's moving up is likely to provide a spark and as a confidence booster, b) he did play decently last game, c) not that players are never the same again upon moving between leagues but there's an obvious adjustment being that they are two different leagues on different continents with different playing styles.

If Hudler played an entire season this way it would merit asking these questions but there's still another 2/3 to 5/6 of a season left. Maybe you're getting the criticism you are because you're reacting so strongly, so early in the season.. something to think about instead of when you became a fan.

Edited by Shoreline

"Performing" means more than just stats. I know I have a rep on here for being the numbers guy, but you can be the best player in a given game without scoring a point. A goalie can have a good game and still give up 3-4 goals and lose. You need to learn this.