• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#1 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hello, I don't post in here very often, but I see the variety of different topics, so I figured i'd give it a try. What are some of the minor, little things that drive you insane? I've heard a ton of hilarious things that bother people.
DISCUSS!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

You know that someone will be bothered by your post. :P

People who can't read the directions and figure out how to turn on a gas pump. It's not hard, but for some reason, if it doesn't work, they assume that I (the chick behind the counter) am purposely preventing them from getting their gas. Hello? I want you to buy it. I want you to come in the store and buy stuff. That is how I get paid, although the profit margin on gas stinks, which is why we charge more for the other stuff, not to mention that we buy it in lower quantities than the grocery stores and do lower sales, which means that we have to charge a bit more, but that's why it's called a CONVENIENCE store.

I also hate it when people complain about gas prices. Ignorant turds that have no clue about the economics behind it. Same goes for drug prices- I'm talking legal here.
EDIT: Please see my post below for clarification on who is and who is not an ignorant turd. I don't wish to offend the intelligent turds and/or the ignorant non-turds, and especially not the intelligent non-turds.

Most of the money goes into research and development. Sure the stockholders get rich. That's why they buy the stock. If they didn't make a profit, they wouldn't invest and there would be no money to go and search out new drugs or new places to get gas from. You have to pump money into it for the chance to make money, and if you take the risk, you get the reward.

It just frosts my hide when I'm sitting here working 2 jobs to barely make ends meet and other people who are better off than I am get all butt-hurt because someone else invested wisely and it paid off for them. You want to make that kind of money? Invest wisely. You don't have it? Go out and earn it. The world owes you nothing, whiners.

No. It's not fair. Life isn't fair. Suck it up and deal with it. Your job is to go out and do the best you can with what you have.

Kids these days. Sense of entitlement.

Speaking of which, I also hate the whores (and I mean that literally) who come in to the store and want to use EBT. We don't take EBT as we do not qualify under government regulations. It's nothing personal. I am completely fine with someone who is down on their luck and needs the help getting assistance. That's what it's there for, and I support that.

What I hate is the tarts who come in with half their boobies hanging out and then get mad at me because "it's myf****** money, you dumb c***, don't tell me I can't spend myf****** money". No, *****, it's not your money. It's charity that people have given you because you got knocked up by your drug-dealer pimp.

Then the trollops pull a wad of hundreds, fifties, and twenties out of their bras and pay with that since they can't use their food stamps.

Oh, crap. I'm going to be late for work. Sorry I can't tell you all of the little things that bother me. Carry on without me.

Edited by 55fan, 12 November 2010 - 02:02 AM.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#3 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

People who can't/don't read signs. This includes people who read signs, but just assume that they don't apply to them.

You'd be shocked how prevalent this is on a college campus. And I'm talking faculty, not students.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#4 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

It bothers the hell out of me listening to someone chew their food and sip their drink wicked loud on purpose

The sound of cell phone buttons clicking when someone is texting.

When hockey players fight with visors on. Nothing bothers me more than that. I've been told I sound like Brian Burke when I talk about visors.

When people get all pissed off when they order fast food, and they claim they ordered something they didnt, and as a cashier, you have to sit there with a big smile and say "sorry about that, we'll have that right up for ya"

The voice of the lead singer of Rush. Don't know why, but it makes me wanna tear my hair out.

Thats all I got for now, but more will pop into my head later.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#5 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

You know that someone will be bothered by your post. :P

People who can't read the directions and figure out how to turn on a gas pump. It's not hard, but for some reason, if it doesn't work, they assume that I (the chick behind the counter) am purposely preventing them from getting their gas. Hello? I want you to buy it. I want you to come in the store and buy stuff. That is how I get paid, although the profit margin on gas stinks, which is why we charge more for the other stuff, not to mention that we buy it in lower quantities than the grocery stores and do lower sales, which means that we have to charge a bit more, but that's why it's called a CONVENIENCE store.

I also hate it when people complain about gas prices. Ignorant turds that have no clue about the economics behind it. Same goes for drug prices- I'm talking legal here.

Most of the money goes into research and development. Sure the stockholders get rich. That's why they buy the stock. If they didn't make a profit, they wouldn't invest and there would be no money to go and search out new drugs or new places to get gas from. You have to pump money into it for the chance to make money, and if you take the risk, you get the reward.

It just frosts my hide when I'm sitting here working 2 jobs to barely make ends meet and other people who are better off than I am get all butt-hurt because someone else invested wisely and it paid off for them. You want to make that kind of money? Invest wisely. You don't have it? Go out and earn it. The world owes you nothing, whiners.

No. It's not fair. Life isn't fair. Suck it up and deal with it. Your job is to go out and do the best you can with what you have.

Kids these days. Sense of entitlement.

Speaking of which, I also hate the whores (and I mean that literally) who come in to the store and want to use EBT. We don't take EBT as we do not qualify under government regulations. It's nothing personal. I am completely fine with someone who is down on their luck and needs the help getting assistance. That's what it's there for, and I support that.

What I hate is the tarts who come in with half their boobies hanging out and then get mad at me because "it's myf****** money, you dumb c***, don't tell me I can't spend myf****** money". No, *****, it's not your money. It's charity that people have given you because you got knocked up by your drug-dealer pimp.

Then the trollops pull a wad of hundreds, fifties, and twenties out of their bras and pay with that since they can't use their food stamps.

Oh, crap. I'm going to be late for work. Sorry I can't tell you all of the little things that bother me. Carry on without me.

Wow, sounds like a TERRIBLE job.

#6 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

People who stand in groups in the middle of hallways or sidewalks to talk, and then give you dirty looks and refuse to move when you say "excuse me".

Idiot drivers. Not that hard to use a turn signal, folks. And when there's a semi trying to go around a roundabout, LET IT GO. Don't try to go at the same time and get along side it, they need a bigger turn radius. Morons.

To echo Edi, people who can't/refuse tof****** read signs. <_< That happens to me a lot at work. People get off the elevator (I work at a hotel) and look around lost and go "which way is the lobby/pool/restaurant???" Read the giant green sign right in front of your face that shows you which way they are, dumbs***.

And finally, an odd one, when people use the last of the TP in the bathroom and don't put on a new roll. Really?? Logic should dictate that when you finish the last of something, you throw away and replace it.

That's all I can think of for now, will probably post more later.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

Cameras stalking your every move when you're in gas stations, grocery stores, etc. Seriously, how manyf****** cameras do you need? I was in Sams the other day and there were cameras hovering slighty above the DVD and CD aisles, and that's in addition to the ones hanging from the celiling..like seriously? I realize theft is an issue, but seriously, give it a rest."its for the protection of the people"..it is to a certain point, but when cameras are at EVERY corner, its just stalking..just me tho.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

And finally, an odd one, when people use the last of the TP in the bathroom and don't put on a new roll. Really?? Logic should dictate that when you finish the last of something, you throw away and replace it.

my sister does that. And if she does get a new roll out she just sets it on the counter instead of taking the 2 seconds to put it in the holder. I mean come on!

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#9 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

Fingernails on a chalkboard.

Drivers driving too slow holding up traffic either on a one-lane highway or two cars driving side-by-side leading a parade. Basically drivers who are stuck in their own world. I don't drive to sightsee.

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

I just want to clarify what I said above. I will also edit the post.

The ignorant turds does not refer to all people who complain about the price of gas. It refers to those who yell at me thinking that I am raking in a load of money working the weekend graveyards in a c-store. Extra turdy are those who think that we shouldn't charge so much because gas comes out of the ground and all we do is provide the pump. Yeah- they think it is just naturally sitting under the station and that our pump brings it up as is.

So for those of you reading who think, "you know I think the price of gas is too high, and I have researched the situation and I have a solution." You are not ignorant turds. There are better solutions than the current situation, and I believe you just might have one. The ignorant turds are mad because someone else gets money for doing something- be it investing or working- and they don't.

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

Wow, sounds like a TERRIBLE job.

It's not that bad. It's only some of the customers. The aforementioned and the ones who think that you are just going to give out your phone number and/or go romp in the back room with them. I realize that some c-store chicks do that for business and/or pleasure, but I'm not one of them. The one that really frosted me was the guy who came in with his girl and bought condoms, and then tried to hit on me and get my number when the girl went in the bathroom.

The stories you get are priceless. There's some funny stuff that happens on the overnights. You have to keep your sense of humour.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#12 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:03 AM

Also people that whine and complain about EVERYTHING about how life is unfair when their life is still not all that bad and they are still able to live life fairly normally in spite of things.

Not talking about if something wakes you up at 3:00am or whatever when it shouldn't for example (recently had smoke detector in my house that went haywire) or if your finger gets jammed in the door or whatever. Cool, have your rant for a few minutes.

I haven't gotten a raise at my job in a few years. I'm not married. I don't hold a position of power. Yes, some people are stupid and live off the government. My life is not secured financially and I'm not rich. You know what, tough s**t. Life could always be better but I still enjoy my life more often than not.

Am I a know it all with life? No. Am I naive about a lot of things? You bet. But as I grow older I'm learning that life is always going to be unfair, get used to it. Take a number, get in line with the rest of us and stop whining about it, because I don't want to hear about it more than necessary especially when you are still making it and have a decent life at present. Enjoy the better/simpler things in life and what you do have if you are able to.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 12 November 2010 - 07:20 AM.

#13 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

Also people that whine and complain about EVERYTHING about how life is unfair when their life is still not all that bad and they are still able to live life fairly normally in spite of things.

Not talking about if something wakes you up at 3:00am or whatever when it shouldn't for example (recently had smoke detector in my house that went haywire) or if your finger gets jammed in the door or whatever. Cool, have your rant for a few minutes.

I haven't gotten a raise at my job in a few years. I'm not married. I don't hold a position of power. Yes, some people are stupid and live off the government. My life is not secured financially and I'm not rich. You know what, tough s**t. Life could always be better but I still enjoy my life more often than not.

Am I a know it all with life? No. Am I naive about a lot of things? You bet. But as I grow older I'm learning that life is always going to be unfair, get used to it. Take a number, get in line with the rest of us and stop whining about it, because I don't want to hear about it more than necessary especially when you are still making it and have a decent life at present. Enjoy the better/simpler things in life and what you do have if you are able to.

Oh my...

People that constantly talk on speaker phone. This drives me nuts, especially here at work, everyone seem to do it and nobody every closes their office door either. It's not like I have something to hide, most of the time. But I'd rather not let everyone hear my phone conversations because 1 - Do they really care? and 2 - it's just rude.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#14 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

People who change their avatar pics after having the same one for a long time. Then I don't recognize them and end up saying something stupid to them.

Oh, wait...

Just kidding, Dawn. It took me a second to recognize you. I had to look twice at the name. I do like the new pic.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#15 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

Okay, this might sound petty, but people who post things on line and can't spell drive me totally over the wall. Don't they teach spelling anymore?? We were taught to spell, and also to use proper grammar. Neither of which seems to be prevalent now. Drives me nuts.

Drivers who talk on their cell phones while driving. Concentrate on the road, morons. It's not bad enough that you drive like an idiot, but you have to tell your friends about it while you're doing it??

If you park in a handicapped space, at least be deserving of the privilege. I see people who park in those spaces who aren't handicapped in any way, shape or form. You don't get handicapped parking privileges for being stupid. Yes, I do have one because there are days that I can't walk, but I don't use it just because I'm lazy. I am willing to park out away and let someone who needs it worse than I do have the spot. Be considerate. Also, please don't leave your shopping cart in handicapped spaces just because you're too lazy to take it in the store or to the cart corral. Don't do that.

This is for those who smoke - I HATE, HATE, HATE walking in a store and being nauseated by someone in the next aisle over whose clothes stink to high heaven from smoke. They make this stuff called FEBREEZE, people, and it takes the smell out of clothes. USE IT!!!!

Last but not least (for now, anyway)...parents who let their kids scream and cry in public. I don't know who I want to yell at more, the kids or the parents for letting them do it. It drives me crazy. If I had done that when I was a kid, I'd have had a reason to be crying and screaming, believe me.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled day. I'll jump off the soap box.
Posted Image

#16 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

Oh my...

People that constantly talk on speaker phone. This drives me nuts, especially here at work, everyone seem to do it and nobody every closes their office door either. It's not like I have something to hide, most of the time. But I'd rather not let everyone hear my phone conversations because 1 - Do they really care? and 2 - it's just rude.

To clarify...

If you want to talk to me about a bad day, somebody making you mad or doing something stupid to you, something broke at your house that shouldn't, cool. I'll always listen and try to be there for people and help out and be sympathetic.

But just continuous complaining about daily annoyances in life that won't change and that we have little/no control over - i.e. somebody has it better than me at work when there's nothing out of the ordinary going on, this crooked greedy politician is a dirtbag for the 100th time, obsessive complaining or stress about things that we all have to go through every day and manage to get through - it's just numbing to hear about after a while if it is ranted about. Those kinda things. There's always going to be cheaters in life, there's always going to be stupid stuff either at the workplace or home generally speaking and there's nothing we can do about it. I constantly was stressed out about stuff like this a few years ago in an unnecessary manner and I put some people in the middle of it way too much when they were just trying to go about their daily lives. And it pissed me off that I felt this way because honestly I'm not doing too much different in my life now and am able to see that overall life is still good.

In general I think most people are good and sympathetic and will listen, but they have to live their lives as well and can't and shouldn't be burdened by people who are doomsdayers about everything or are just constantly "woe is me" when their lives are still going well and there isn't much "woe is me" to be concerned about. It's not fair to them.

Just basically control what you can control in your life and if you are able to do that, cool. After that, smile, try to be happy, and do the simple things in life and do things that'll make you happy or be productive. There's plenty to enjoy.

And I guess a final irritiation, is if I'm at a restaurant/bar with smokers who aren't considerate. I don't smoke but I'm not an idiot and won't get offended if I'm in such a place where smoking goes on and I know I'll probably smell like it later. If you want to smoke around me, light up all night for all I care. Just basically don't blow smoke at people, try to keep the cigarette smoke flow away from the crowd if it's in the ash tray, you get the idea.

Never really understood the speakerphone deal either. Only time I use it is if I'm on a business/conference call.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 12 November 2010 - 10:26 AM.

#17 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Perfume, cologne, aftershave.

Just don't.

They ban cigarettes pretty much everywhere, and they're legal, but the stench that people put on their bodies for the sole purpose of creating a stench is allowed anywhere.

I have friends that are allergic to smoke. I don't smoke around them. They don't come in my house. Yet I get just as sick from the aforementioned chemical concoctions, but there is no law against where they can be used, no protection from people adding more stench to themselves, and no sympathy if you are around someone who makes you sick.

If you ask me not to smoke around you, I'll do it. No problem. Even if it's somewhere that I am allowed to smoke, although in ND the only places you can smoke are your home, your car, outside, and on the Res.

If I ask someone that I will be crammed into a small place with not to wear perfume or not to put more on, I get "oh, but it smells PRETTY" or "Here! <shove bottle under my nose> SMELL it; you'll LIKE it!" or "This stuff is different! It smells GOOD!" I get a lecture on how it is their right to wear it. Really? The anti-smoking crowd makes a huge deal about how the air belongs to everyone and no one should make someone else sick. Why is your putrid odor even legal to wear in public? You enjoy it- wear it in your own home.

Cigarettes at least have a function: they keep me calm so I won't kill idiots. Cigarette smoke is a side effect. Perfume stench is it's actual function and only reason for existing.

They have smoking/non-smoking (in some states- around here it is all non-smoking) but they don't have stinking/non-stinking.

They should allow businesses to cater only to smokers or only to perfume wearers as they wish. Post it clearly, and if people don't like it, they can go somewhere that it isn't allowed. I know which businesses I'd patronize.

That said, neither should be allowed in hospitals, schools, or places that cater to kids. That's just for the protection of those who can't protect themselves.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#18 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

People who change their avatar pics after having the same one for a long time. Then I don't recognize them and end up saying something stupid to them.

Oh, wait...

Just kidding, Dawn. It took me a second to recognize you. I had to look twice at the name. I do like the new pic.

It was time for some Ozzie love, since my name is WizardofOz and this could be his last season. I had Lilja up there in the hopes of him coming back :( Anyway, I'll be sure to put a post everywhere I post letting you know I'm changing my avatar picture the next time I decide to. :P

I was going to mention the perfume/cologne thing too. I was at the gym once, and this lady next to me had so much perfume on I could barely breathe. She of course was all dolled up and barely working out because I'm sure that's not why she was there. People just don't think about allergies to such things and like you said Karen, they think it's their right to wear as much as they want. I also can't stand the smokers that try to add that layer of perfume on to cover the smoke smell because then you end up with twice the disgusting smell.

While we're on the subject of smells, people that cook very strong smelling food at work is an occasional annoyance. I'm actually guilty of it today, had a mushroom frozen meal and it's very potent, but I did turn the fan on in the kitchen. Sometimes those foods smell pretty bad.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Jerkoffs who drive around with their hi-beams on constantly.

works every time

#20 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

my sister does that. And if she does get a new roll out she just sets it on the counter instead of taking the 2 seconds to put it in the holder. I mean come on!

Aaagh! I hate that! ><

Another addendum to the idiot drivers - one, what kook said, and two, people who drive like a bat out of hell and pass you, only to turn a few minutes later. REALLY? You HAD to pass me to gain that extra two seconds just so you can turn? <_<

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users