• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

So who has it? After I solve a bit of a financial crisis it'll be in my hands. Hopefully the noobtubing has been taken care of.

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

Never played Call of Duty before but I really want to. This game looks great. Unfortunately money is tight and with Christmas coming up, maybe my fiancee will get it for me then.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 acidroach420

acidroach420

You know I've got a soft spot for hot dogs

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:33 AM

i have it. its amazing. best call of duty i've played.

roflcopterxtrem on XBL if anyone is interested in playing.

#4 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Well, it is made by Treyarch, the same company that made World At War. The gameplay feels nearly identical to world at war, just new maps and weapons. Honestly, the graphics are not that great, but somehow I have been doing absolutely amazing online so I wont complain. Zombies are back, thats always fun. I havent touched campaign, and probably wont so I cant comment on that. There are fewer killstreak rewards, and the perks are not that great. The new system with the COD points and buying the attachments for your weapons and such is amazing. Quickscoping is gone, so im very happy with that. Everything outside of the actual gameplay has been improved, and I LOVE the new wager matches. Its a fun game, if you have enjoyed the previous call of duty games get it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

Does this game get kind of laggy for other people? Sometimes online it seems like the fps drops down and the animation gets just choppy enough to be noticeable. After a while my head starts to hurt and I have to stop playing.

#6 cjm502

cjm502

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Does this game get kind of laggy for other people? Sometimes online it seems like the fps drops down and the animation gets just choppy enough to be noticeable. After a while my head starts to hurt and I have to stop playing.

There has been some pretty bad server problems. Treyarch has shut the game down for about a half hour several times to try and fix things. Some nights I have found myself getting kicked from about half the games I try to join, and I have very good connection so thats not to blame. My friend I normally play with has the same problems, servers are junk. The games can get pretty laggy, and the games end half way through way to often. Some nights it isnt bad, other nights I just get sick of it and stop playing. Either way, I expect the problems to be fixed pretty soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Got this game a couple days ago, and I must say it's awesome (aside from the spawn system).

Somewhat funny story: Haven't played Modern Warfare 2 in a long time, but when I did I was a rusher-type player. Coming into Black Ops, I was rusty of course and I also soon found out that you can't just "rush" like you could in mw2. First couple games I think I had scores of around 3-20. By about the third game someone on the other team sent me a message saying "You need to break your disc in half." I got a chucklesworth out of it.

#8 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

I like it. I definately like it better than MW2.
If anyone plays at a descent hour (7-9pm) hit me up: Kancer Koivu
RIP #24

#9 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

After playing Black Ops the only company that should be able to produce a CoD game is Activision. Loved MW and MW2 but Black Ops is just frustrating and overall bad. I usually hover around a 2 k/d ratio but in Black Ops I find myself saying "yyeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa, ok" after I shoot the prick and all of a sudden I'm the one who's dead. Then I want to burn the disk. Not to mention the game is made for campers. I don't personally find laying down or crouching in one corner the whole game is fun, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

The wager matches are fun though. Especially the gun game.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#10 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

After playing Black Ops the only company that should be able to produce a CoD game is Activision. Loved MW and MW2 but Black Ops is just frustrating and overall bad. I usually hover around a 2 k/d ratio but in Black Ops I find myself saying "yyeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa, ok" after I shoot the prick and all of a sudden I'm the one who's dead. Then I want to burn the disk. Not to mention the game is made for campers. I don't personally find laying down or crouching in one corner the whole game is fun, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I don't know, I think this game is geared toward rushing more-so than anything else; I've noticed way fewer campers compared to say, MW2, but that's just me. I do like that my deaths by grenade launchers have plummeted from about 80% to about .05%. This is especially nice for strat based games like domination and search and destroy.

#11 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

I've never struggled with a CoD game other than black ops. I don't get it. I popped in MW2 just to see if my skills have gone MIA but I went something like 42-6 on the first game. I know I'm not used to the maps in black ops so I'm hoping that's the case but the game just feels totally different.

I agree with the grenade launchers. Nobody knows how to piss me off more than someone running around noob tubing.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#12 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'm currently 2nd Prestige in Black Ops -- just trying to play it on the odd weeknight with friends. My K/D is a bit down from MW2, but I think the experience in parts has been better. I love the CoD credits, though I have to say i'm disappointed I have to wait until level 43 to get the G11 (I was always an M16 player, and it seems they really neutered that gun in this game -- hence the G11 love). I love the customization options and the one thing I'm most proud of is my Red Wings throwback "D" playercard emblem I made. :lol:

That said, I agree with the sentiments above: A decided lack of n00btubing compared to MW2, but this game has some SERIOUS lag issues. If you're at 3/4 bars or lower, you're screwed. I can't even begin to count the number of "WTF, that killcam is totally different than what happened!" moments I've had. It's downright ridiculous and in a lot of instances makes it damn near unplayable.

When the connection is good, this game is fantastically fun to play with friends. If not, notsomuch.

If anyone missed it in another thread, my gamertag is Original6Shootr (no 'e' before the 'r' because of Xbox's character limit). Feel free to add me.

#13 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

Activision owns the CoD franchise regardless of who makes it. The company that has risen out of IW is slated to release MW3 this November.

I hit 7th prestige yesterday. My k/d stinks but this is the first CoD I have heavily played online so I had a huge learning curve in the beginning. I almost exclusively play hardcore CTF.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#14 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

its meh to me its nothing like the days of cod 4. its to much this ame is a big clusterf*** just like Mw2. any still a good game and i play it lots. anyone on here think cod 4 was the best game, they kept it simple you could accually snipe cause they made snipeing levels........ anyway just blabbin
Posted Image

#15 cjm502

cjm502

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

I picked up some Turtle Beach PX21s last night and attempted putting in a good session, I had the worst night of Black Ops I have ever had. I think I was more in to talking than actually playing the game, I couldn't focus.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

I use to hate Call of Duty and I would only play Halo, but since I bought Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. I love Call of Duty way more then Halo. Anyone else notice that on zombies it's really hard to find matches? I seem to be waiting minutes trying to find people to play with. It's not my connection because it works fine for me on Team Deathmatch.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#17 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

I've never done public zombie matches. I've always just gotten together with three other friends and then played private matches.

#18 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

I've never done public zombie matches. I've always just gotten together with three other friends and then played private matches.

What is your best? Mine is 20.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#19 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:25 AM

What is your best? Mine is 20.

28 rounds on Kino

30 rounds on Five

40 rounds on Ascension

Never play dead ops arcade. Just not my thing.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#20 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

I picked up some Turtle Beach PX21s last night and attempted putting in a good session, I had the worst night of Black Ops I have ever had. I think I was more in to talking than actually playing the game, I couldn't focus.

Don't forget to change you system settings for playing with a headset. They really do make a difference in gameplay, like hearing the thunder in Villa and being able to tell where people are moving by sound. I am thinking about upgrading to a 5.1 headset.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users