• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Crosby looking lethal

Rate this topic

A gumball, weighing 3 ounces can pierce your skull if it reaches terminal velocity. Weight vs weight is a terrible argument if you don't factor in speed. Anchor in one post like the video and I could find a friend to replicate it. A shot is like 100+ foot pounds, which is clearly enough to move a net.

lol.... a slap shot (the last one) can not lift a net off the ice like that. Pegged or not. End of story.

Im sure this ones real to...

Why would it be fake? one of the posts were out? But another "let's bash Crosby Thread". now all we need is another "Bettmen sucks" threads...

1. The pegs were in the posts.

2. Plenty of those shots are fishy.

3. The net moves WAY too much on some of the shots.

4. It's a reebok commercial meant to "demonstrate" the amount of power you can unleash on a shot.

A gumball, weighing 3 ounces can pierce your skull if it reaches terminal velocity. Weight vs weight is a terrible argument if you don't factor in speed. Anchor in one post like the video and I could find a friend to replicate it. A shot is like 100+ foot pounds, which is clearly enough to move a net.

Let's assume that a 9mm bullet fired from a gun is what would be required to move the goal frame. If that's so, then the puck would have to be fired at close to 200 mph. As you may have guessed, that's much faster than the puck is moving in the video. And another telling fact; the last shot hits the bottom third of the net, and lifts it off the ice. The first four hit it in the top half and don't. If they're that powerful, they should have.

Guest Shoreline

Crosby is going to be unstoppable like Michael Jordan of the 90s. Better let the NHL know, mindfly. I think you're onto something here.

Edited by Shoreline

1. It isn't real. It's a viral ad for Reebok's new stick.

2. Nobody on LGW wants to hear about a stupid ad from Sidney Crosby.

3. Stop trying to troll people.

This is what I hate about society now. Advertising is so ingrained that people can't even tell when something is a commercial. The blurring of lines between reality and fake is just ridiculous.

What I don't understand about Reebok is how their marketing team thinks putting Crosby's face on everything in an area like Detroit is going to sell more gear. I was at target the other day, and they were selling Reebok skates with Cindy's mug on the box. Wouldn't they be better served putting Zetterberg on it for the Detroit market?

I recently saw a commercial where hamsters were driving a car and rapping and dancing to the Black Sheep song "you can get with this."

Yeah. that was awesome.

That was a commercial? I could have sworn that was a documentary on a new species of hamster.

Crosby may be a ******, but he's only a ****** because he plays for Pittsburgh. He's good, real good. I'll take him on my team any day. Fake or not fake, its a cool video. Just because Datsyuk isn't Reebok's poster boy doesn't mean you gotta hate on every Crosby video that comes out.

Crosby may be a ******, but he's only a ****** because he plays for Pittsburgh. He's good, real good. I'll take him on my team any day. Fake or not fake, its a cool video. Just because Datsyuk isn't Reebok's poster boy doesn't mean you gotta hate on every Crosby video that comes out.

You pointed out why we all hate him in the 5th word of your post. Please don't mention Datsyuk and that piece of s*** in the same sentence.

Yeah and the idea of spending $200+ on a stick with holes in it just didnt seem like a good idea....

1437.jpg

My son has had both the original "O" stick (Datsyuk's his favourite) and the 8.0.8. He hasn't had issues with either.

What I don't understand about Reebok is how their marketing team thinks putting Crosby's face on everything in an area like Detroit is going to sell more gear. I was at target the other day, and they were selling Reebok skates with Cindy's mug on the box. Wouldn't they be better served putting Zetterberg on it for the Detroit market?

Datsyuk's, possibly. Zetterberg uses Easton gear.

My son has had both the original "O" stick (Datsyuk's his favourite) and the 8.0.8. He hasn't had issues with either.

Datsyuk's, possibly. Zetterberg uses Easton gear.

Can you imagine Datsyuk's mug pictured on anything? Sorry I love Pav but seeing his goofy looking head on anything in stores would be hilarious, and probably scare children.

You pointed out why we all hate him in the 5th word of your post. Please don't mention Datsyuk and that piece of s*** in the same sentence.

Calm down. Its a cool commercial the only reason people aren't talking about the cool idea of it, real or not, is because Crosby is in it. You hate Crosby because he's a tool and he plays for the penguins, we get it. I don't like him either, but to call him a piece of s*** is ridiculous. He is just playing his game, and if reebok wants to pay him millions of dollars to shoot a puck around and then digitally make the net move to sell their products has nothing to do with you. The hatred and jealousy for Crosby around here is EMBARRASSING to yourselves and to the Red Wings fans, who we are representing on this forum.

Not possible. The puck would have to be moving MUCH faster than any human is capable of shooting it to actually move the net...just to answer the physics question.

Did someone say physics!?

- A hockey puck weighs 6 oz = 0.17 kg

- A hockey goal weighs 125 pounds = 56.69 kg (http://www.arizonasportsequipment.com/hockey/complete-hockey-goals/regulation-goals-72-x-48/sku/238opw/)

A little background on what I'm about to do for those who are interested: In order for the net to move, a shot (force) hitting the net's center of mass would have to overcome the initial static friction (which we can assume there is none due to the ice's slipperiness). Essentially all there is then is to say that a horizontal force must exceed the downward force due to the mass of the net and gravity, in order for the net to move at all.

Force = mass*acceleration (in this case acceleration is gravity)

Fnet = (56.69kg)*(9.81m/s2) = 556.13 Newtons

Thus, the force of the puck needs to exceed 556.13 Newtons to be able to move the net.

The hardest shot recorded is 105.4 mph = 47.12 m/s

The kinetic energy of a shot with this speed is KE = (1/2)*m*v2 = (1/2)*(0.17kg)*(47.12m/s)2 = 188.72 Newtons*m. This amount is only equal to the Work, however. In order to equate it to the Force applied, you must divide this number by the distance, which can be said from the top of the circle, is about 35 feet = 10.67 m. So (188.72 N*m)/(10.67 m) = 17.69 Newtons, roughly 3% of the necessary energy required to cause the net to move.

Working backwards using the necessary force to move the net, the necessary Kinetic Energy is KE = (556.13 N)*(10.67 m) = 5933.9 Nm. Put that into the Kinetic energy equation and solve for velocity: v2 = (5933.9 Nm)/(1/2)/(0.17 kg) = 69810.67 m2/s2. Take the square root to get velocity: v = 264.2 m/s, which is 590.99 miles per hour. To get an idea of how fast that is, the speed of sound is 340.29 m/s, which is 768 miles per hour.

But of course it's fake. You can tell by how the net moves before the puck even hits the net on the last two shots. :hehe:

Douchiness and the Pittsburgh Penguins are completely uncorrelated.

Douchiness and Sidney Crosby being a whiny ***** is completely correlated.