• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I think this forum would be a lot better off with a rule along the lines of no Crosby threads unless its actually relevant. Seriously.

I'll sign that petition.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#22 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Sort of felt it was too good to be true, if you're good at physics you can actually confirm if it's possible or not.

A puck weighs 6 ounces. A goal net weighs close to 70 pounds. That alone is enough to tell anyone with a brain that it's a fake. Smart idea for a ad, though. It's clearly viral, and the ad's point is that the stick provides a ton of extra power on your shot.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

Why would it be fake? one of the posts were out? But another "let's bash Crosby Thread". now all we need is another "Bettmen sucks" threads...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:09 AM

A puck weighs 6 ounces. A goal net weighs close to 70 pounds. That alone is enough to tell anyone with a brain that it's a fake. Smart idea for a ad, though. It's clearly viral, and the ad's point is that the stick provides a ton of extra power on your shot.

A gumball, weighing 3 ounces can pierce your skull if it reaches terminal velocity. Weight vs weight is a terrible argument if you don't factor in speed. Anchor in one post like the video and I could find a friend to replicate it. A shot is like 100+ foot pounds, which is clearly enough to move a net.

Edited by Konnan511, 12 November 2010 - 12:12 AM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#25 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

Hey guys, you know what's an even better commercial...?

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

^^^^ It's fake. There are no pucks there.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#27 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

A gumball, weighing 3 ounces can pierce your skull if it reaches terminal velocity. Weight vs weight is a terrible argument if you don't factor in speed. Anchor in one post like the video and I could find a friend to replicate it. A shot is like 100+ foot pounds, which is clearly enough to move a net.

lol.... a slap shot (the last one) can not lift a net off the ice like that. Pegged or not. End of story.

Im sure this ones real to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XutCAOjCMA4

#28 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

Why would it be fake? one of the posts were out? But another "let's bash Crosby Thread". now all we need is another "Bettmen sucks" threads...

1. The pegs were in the posts.
2. Plenty of those shots are fishy.
3. The net moves WAY too much on some of the shots.
4. It's a reebok commercial meant to "demonstrate" the amount of power you can unleash on a shot.

Posted Image

#29 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:44 AM

This is why I don't/won't by Reebok.

#30 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

Yeah and the idea of spending $200+ on a stick with holes in it just didnt seem like a good idea....

Posted Image

#31 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

Let's assume that a 9mm bullet fired from a gun is what would be required to move the goal frame. If that's so, then the puck would have to be fired at close to 200 mph. As you may have guessed, that's much faster than the puck is moving in the video. And another telling fact; the last shot hits the bottom third of the net, and lifts it off the ice. The first four hit it in the top half and don't. If they're that powerful, they should have.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#32 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

At 0:45, when the camera zooms closer to the net, the net moves before the puck makes contact. Not only is it fake, but its not even faked well.

Reebok sucks, and Crosby is still a ******.

#33 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

I like the little smirk he has when he skates by the camera guy. You know hes thinking "Ya man Im soooo cool..."

What a ******
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#34 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

Crosby is going to be unstoppable like Michael Jordan of the 90s. Better let the NHL know, mindfly. I think you're onto something here.

Edited by Shoreline, 12 November 2010 - 07:54 AM.

#35 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

Same here. I swore off Reebok after they put that ugly mug in those performance shoe commercials.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#36 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

1. It isn't real. It's a viral ad for Reebok's new stick.
2. Nobody on LGW wants to hear about a stupid ad from Sidney Crosby.
3. Stop trying to troll people.

This is what I hate about society now. Advertising is so ingrained that people can't even tell when something is a commercial. The blurring of lines between reality and fake is just ridiculous.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#37 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

What I don't understand about Reebok is how their marketing team thinks putting Crosby's face on everything in an area like Detroit is going to sell more gear. I was at target the other day, and they were selling Reebok skates with Cindy's mug on the box. Wouldn't they be better served putting Zetterberg on it for the Detroit market?

#38 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

I recently saw a commercial where hamsters were driving a car and rapping and dancing to the Black Sheep song "you can get with this."

Yeah. that was awesome.

#39 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

I recently saw a commercial where hamsters were driving a car and rapping and dancing to the Black Sheep song "you can get with this."

Yeah. that was awesome.

That was a commercial? I could have sworn that was a documentary on a new species of hamster.

#40 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

i aint buyin no reebok producks withat sidney corsby on dere commercials