How about these lines?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

How about these lines?

1) Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

2) Modano-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

3) Hudler-Filppula-Cleary

4) Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves/Miller/Draper

Explanation: I know that most on the board LOVE having Pav and Hank back together, and aren't going to like these lines, but please, just hear me out. It's hard to put this into words, but, I just don't think that these two need eachother to be successful anymore. Pav and Hank both need the same two things in order to be successful - 1) a good net-front presence; and 2) a sniper that gets into good position; not eachother. I think it's sort of a waste of Hank's talents to make him Pav's sniper - as opposed to letting him run his own show - when there are other suitable snipers on the squad. So, the above lines are what I'd run. I also love the idea of having Flip and Huds together on the third line, and of Modano no longer centering a line (I don't think he has to two-way abilities to do so in our system).

Edited by blueadams

Do I think Hank and Pav "need" each other to be successful? No, but it damn sure helps... and our 2nd line has been strong all season, even in the games they haven't put up points. Granted, the third line has been atrocious at times, but I don't think the answer is messing with the top two lines, both of which have been great so far.

Guest blueadams

sorry, but no. Pav and Hank together make the team better. Our secondary line is a force. Our third line is coming together finally. And our 4th line has been great. Why change up a lineup that is 6-2-1? I don't get this thread.

I disagree. I think that our third line's success last night was just a fluke. And I don't want to see another talented player (Hudler) run off the team like Leino.

We need to juggle lines and shake things up; light a fire under their asses. 7-2-1 in our first 10 games aint gonna get us no where! :ph34r: (Heavy sarcing disclaimer)

Dude: Kenny has built a Cap Era masterpiece; it just needs one little tweaking, hopefully just a little rippenning. It does not need to be torn completely apart and eassembled differently.

Man, its a bit early in the day for a thread like this, but hey, I'm not driving.

Gotta go with the consensus here, no reason to split up the lines while we're having success. Its very possible that at some point this season circumstances will arise where we have to split up Pav and Hank, but I hope it doesn't happen any time soon (remember last season?).

The second line is playing too well to touch at all. IMO the only moveable part right now is Miller, and the only replacement for him is Hudler, and at that point I don't even really care that much which of them gets in.

Edited by hooon

In all seriousness, Pav and Z will eventually play on separate lines. But now is not the time. The Filppula line, although cooled, is still solid. The Modano line is still a work in progress but a work in progress that is finally going in the right direction. The Helm line is probably where Hudler should be despite his salary.

first line should be

helm - datsyuk - osgood

I think Helm is better suited to playing net. The goalie has to be the best skater anyway, no?

Put Howie up there on the Wing, his back is feeling better, he can grind it out in the corners while Dats feeds Ozzy.

Howard - Dats - Ozzy

Helm in net.

Ericsson-Kronwall-Kindl

Helm-Rafalski-Modano

Howard-Osgood-McCollum

Stuart-Franzen-Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader

Lidstrom

Holmstrom

Hudler

FFS Babcock is blind to not be able to see the potential in this!

Guest Heaten

How about these lines?

1) Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

2) Modano-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

3) Hudler-Filppula-Cleary

4) Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves/Miller/Draper

Explanation: I know that most on the board LOVE having Pav and Hank back together, and aren't going to like these lines, but please, just hear me out. It's hard to put this into words, but, I just don't think that these two need eachother to be successful anymore. Pav and Hank both need the same two things in order to be successful - 1) a good net-front presence; and 2) a sniper that gets into good position; not eachother. I think it's sort of a waste of Hank's talents to make him Pav's sniper - as opposed to letting him run his own show - when there are other suitable snipers on the squad. So, the above lines are what I'd run. I also love the idea of having Flip and Huds together on the third line, and of Modano no longer centering a line (I don't think he has to two-way abilities to do so in our system).

Bert-Flip-Franz has been our best line. That line should stay together.

Here's what I like:

Zetter-Dats-Holmer

Bert-Flip-Franz

Abdelkader-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Trade: Hudler

Ericsson-Kronwall-Kindl

Helm-Rafalski-Modano

Howard-Osgood-McCollum

Datsyuk

Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader

Lidstrom

Holmstrom

Hudler

You, sir, just made me laugh out loud making everyone around me at work wonder what the hell was going on. Kudos to you!

Ericsson-Kronwall-Kindl

Helm-Rafalski-Modano

Howard-Osgood-McCollum

Datsyuk

Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader

Lidstrom

Holmstrom

Hudler

No offense, but that's stupid. Relying far too much on goalie chemistry for that third line. I know Ozzie is tied for third all-time in goals by a goalie, but he can't carry a line by himself. Swap Stuart and Howie, and McCollum needs top-line minutes in GR to develop. Salei is a stud, no idea why you left him out. And why on earth would you have a dinosaur like Homer starting in goal when we have Miller? Do you not know who Miller's brother is?

No offense, but that's stupid. Relying far too much on goalie chemistry for that third line. I know Ozzie is tied for third all-time in goals by a goalie, but he can't carry a line by himself. Swap Stuart and Howie, and McCollum needs top-line minutes in GR to develop. Salei is a stud, no idea why you left him out. And why on earth would you have a dinosaur like Homer starting in goal when we have Miller? Do you not know who Miller's brother is?

I love the turn this thread has taken! :thumbup:

:)

Ericsson-Kronwall-Kindl

Helm-Rafalski-Modano

Howard-Osgood-McCollum

Datsyuk

Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader

Lidstrom

Holmstrom