• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

NHL opens All-Star Fan Balloting

Rate this topic

All-Star Fan Balloting

So the NHL announced 100 players that fans will get to vote on for the ASG. The following Red Wings players are : Rafalski, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen

They're all pretty awesome players. But come on, they couldn't add Howard in the list of 18 Goalies? I know he isn't top 5 material as of now or anything... But I still think he should be there instead of the likes of Giguere, Fleury and a few others :rolleyes:

The only team with more possible selections are the Hawks and they're the Cup champs. Leads me to believe that if you wanted Howard involved that it'd have to be at the expense of one of the five listed.

All-Star Fan Balloting

So the NHL announced 100 players that fans will get to vote on for the ASG. The following Red Wings players are : Rafalski, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen

They're all pretty awesome players. But come on, they couldn't add Howard in the list of 18 Goalies? I know he isn't top 5 material as of now or anything... But I still think he should be there instead of the likes of Giguere, Fleury and a few others :rolleyes:

Niemi and Fluery? :blink:

Well we'll just have to write Jimmy in :cool:

The only team with more possible selections are the Hawks and they're the Cup champs. Leads me to believe that if you wanted Howard involved that it'd have to be at the expense of one of the five listed.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Either way I still think Marc-last place in Save% and 38th in GAAndre Fleury shouldn't even be there :P

Edited by Namingway

All-Star Fan Balloting

Sounds to me like the as good a reason as any to start a viral online campaign to get Howie on as a write-in... who wants to make the Facebook page and start spreading it to different boards? Where's the nightmare on helm street blogger guy? This sounds like something he should start...

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

so what will be the names of the two teams?

Team Fantasy vs Team Lottery? :ph34r::hehe:

I'm rather steamed about Howie and Kronner both not being on the ballot. Proof again that the All Star Game is a misnomer. Were I Henrik, Pasha, Nick, Johan and Brian, I'd say "F**k you!" and take the days off; go off on vacation to some nice sunny resort somewhere. Beats spending anytime in Raleigh. Believe me, I've been there, and it sucks.

WTF....RJ Umberger? Ed Jovanovski? Bryan McCabe? Dan Hamhuis? Dustin Byfuglien?

This list is all kinds of f***ed up.

I think they made the list beore the season started which is FUBAR. Why the hell would they do that? Another example of a screwed up league. The Montreal fans will stuff the ballot box anyway.

The All Stars shoud be picked by the players and coaches. 1 ballot per person, all write ins since letting the fans vote as many times as they want from a list that is created before the season starts is just plain stupid.

Can't the NHL do anything right?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

But if I understand right the NHL will pick other players too. So I believe these are the players the fans vote on.

I think they will all come from the list of 100 regardless. The fans choose 6 players, one per position, and then the NHL chooses the other 36 from the remaining candidates.

Misleading title. Voting doesn't open until the 15th.

I think they made the list beore the season started which is FUBAR. Why the hell would they do that? Another example of a screwed up league. The Montreal fans will stuff the ballot box anyway.

The All Stars shoud be picked by the players and coaches. 1 ballot per person, all write ins since letting the fans vote as many times as they want from a list that is created before the season starts is just plain stupid.

Can't the NHL do anything right?

They clearly didn't make it before the season; Byfuglien is listed on defense.

Regardless, those players don't belong on the All-Star ballot whether it was made before the season or not. Umberger would be fighting for a third line spot in Detroit at best, he's plays a part-time second line center role in COLUMBUS. Detroit has probably six forwards who would be better choices than RJ. and the four defensemen I listed would be no higher than fourth; perhaps even lower.

This is with Kronwall and Stuart not on the ballot, as well as guys like Ian White, Alex Edler, Christian Ehrhoff, Tyler Myers, Lubomir Visnovsky, Keith Yandle, Adrian Aucoin, Dennis Wideman, or Pavel Kubina. Take note that Jovo is the #3 defenseman in Phoenix behind Aucoin and Yandle (and was last year, also) and McCabe is the #2 behind Wideman. Hamhuis is the #4 defenseman in Vancouver behind Ehrhoff, Edler, and Kevin Bieksa.

Byfuglien is the only player who isn't really an obvious mistake when compared to his current team. He's the #2 defender behind Enstrom (also listed) and he's playing well this season. I don't think he deserves to be listed ahead of most if not all of the guys I mentioned earlier, but he's not an absolute joke like the other four.

I just mentioned those five because they stood out to me as far as players who didn't belong.

guess if I care? :)

I'd say... vote for the players on whichever team tops the standings in West (and is not the Wings) at the moment ballots close. grant Wings players some rest and let other teams cope with extra fatigue. All Star game is stupid and other than for Pittsburgh fans (or whichever team with fanbase averaging 13~14 years) and media not many are enjoying it, especially not the cup contending teams.

I'd gladly see no Wings at this popularity contest. and I nevertheless know that it's gonna be Sindy Crosby and Habs/Nucks players winning this voting, so don't really waste my time talking about it ;)

Guest mindfly

Price - 16GP - 10-5-1, .923 save percentage, 2.18 goals against

Howard - 11GP - 9-1-1, .921 save percentage, 2.15 goals against

I bet you think price is an all-star though, don't you?

To me it's not all about numbers, howard has good numbers because he has a great defense-first team in front of him, price is 3x better than howard ever will be, if you can't see this then you're just being a homer.

Edited by mindfly

To me it's not all about numbers, howard has good numbers because he has a great defense-first team in front of him, price is 3x better than howard ever will be, if you can't see this then you're just being a homer.

Montreal ranks in the top 5 every year for the most blocked shots in the NHL, and not to mention Howard has only played in the NHL for 1 complete year, and just starting his second and has started better than Price did.

09/10 - .287 GAA .911 Save %

08/09 - .285 GAA .904 Save %

07/08 - .265 GAA .920 Save %

J Howard

09/10 - 2.26 GAA .924 Save %

Stop trying to say something that most people already know is null. Price was a backup to Halak for a reason, he wasn't good enough to take the starter position.

Crosby Version 2.0

or would you rather have...

no brainer for me.

Guest scottj

That's a weird statement to make in one of those goalie's second season...

If two goalies have similar save percentages and similar GAAs, guess what other number is similar? That's right, shots per game. That's the main stat people look to in regards to how good a team's defense is. So if Howard has a great defense, and Price's defense is comparable...

Hmm...is that smoke I smell?