• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

NHL opens All-Star Fan Balloting

Rate this topic

I think they will all come from the list of 100 regardless. The fans choose 6 players, one per position, and then the NHL chooses the other 36 from the remaining candidates.

Misleading title. Voting doesn't open until the 15th.

No, that's not how it works. The list is put together, largely based on how players played since last year's all star game up to now. You do see some funny inclusions and some questionable omissions because they want representation from all teams. If you think about it, if a guy plays on a crappy team, he's not going to look that good compared to a guy that plays on a great team, he might look better by benefiting from playing with better players.

Anyway, the fans will vote the top 6 and the remaining players will be selected from the other 650 or so players in the league. This list of 100 has nothing really to do with who will ultimately get selected.

Your Picks

Forwards

Select up to 3 players

Johan Franzen

Pavel Datsyuk

Henrik Zetterberg

Defensemen

Select up to 2 players

Nicklas Lidstrom

Niklas Kronwall

Goalie

Select up to 1 player

Jimmy Howard

When ready, click below to review and submit your ballot.

Submit

Repeat fifteen times.

Switch up Kronwall and Rafalski.

Repeat fifteen times.

For how many days do I have to do this? :blush:

Not sure how long the balloting is open. Pierre LeBrun said on his Twitter that he will cover the All-Star Game in his underwear if Lidstrom isn't named one of the captains.

What do you think the odds are that we could rally together as Red Wings trolls and get someone like Patty Eaves in on this?

I don't think it would be impossible, however our chances would be better if we could vote

Patty Eaves-Patty Eaves-Patty Eaves

Patty Eaves-Patty Eaves

Patty Eaves

:D

Guest mindfly

no way i'm gonna register an account just to vote for the first all-star s***, f*ck you nhl.com

no way i'm gonna register an account just to vote for the first all-star s***, f*ck you nhl.com

Really? You don't have a "junk" e-mail address where mailing list e-mails go to die?

It's not that serious.

I mean, Carey Price is counting on your write in votes!! :ph34r:

No, that's not how it works. The list is put together, largely based on how players played since last year's all star game up to now. You do see some funny inclusions and some questionable omissions because they want representation from all teams. If you think about it, if a guy plays on a crappy team, he's not going to look that good compared to a guy that plays on a great team, he might look better by benefiting from playing with better players.

Anyway, the fans will vote the top 6 and the remaining players will be selected from the other 650 or so players in the league. This list of 100 has nothing really to do with who will ultimately get selected.

I think I mentioned this earlier so a lot of you can calm down.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Guest mindfly

Really? You don't have a "junk" e-mail address where mailing list e-mails go to die?

It's not that serious.

I mean, Carey Price is counting on your write in votes!! :ph34r:

Holy s***, Price my man, gotta sign up asap :siren:

Guest mindfly

I can't seem to sign up, there's no "confirm" button or anything, i've filled it all but nothing happens... (I use firefox)

I'm rather steamed about Howie and Kronner both not being on the ballot. Proof again that the All Star Game is a misnomer. Were I Henrik, Pasha, Nick, Johan and Brian, I'd say "F**k you!" and take the days off; go off on vacation to some nice sunny resort somewhere. Beats spending anytime in Raleigh. Believe me, I've been there, and it sucks.

Fleury's name is on the Stanley Cup, Howie's isn't. I'm not sure what the criteria are that the NHL uses to put the voting options together, but this probably factors in.

As for the location, nothing conveys the true essence of hockey greatness like the city of Raleigh... yeah... <_<

Isn't it about time that Detroit got to host an all star game again?

I must say these players on the ballot did not have to win a primary election! I was suprised to see some of the names on there!

However, I did vote for Pav, Mule, and had to write in Howie (which I was shocked) I also voted for Drew Doughty and Ryan Getzlaf ( Love him or hate him, the guy is a house and would love to see him in the Winged Wheel). Oh yeah I voted for St Nick as well!!

Edited by Donaldjr2448

Fleury's name is on the Stanley Cup, Howie's isn't. I'm not sure what the criteria are that the NHL uses to put the voting options together, but this probably factors in.

As for the location, nothing conveys the true essence of hockey greatness like the city of Raleigh... yeah... <_<

Isn't it about time that Detroit got to host an all star game again?

The NHL is probably waiting until they get a new arena with all the talk about it recently. Kinda like the super bowl at Ford Field 4 years after it opened and the ASG at Comerica Park 5 years after it opened.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

Best. Line. Ever.

(re. Dave Lozo's starting lineup picks for the ASG on NHL.com)

Nicklas Lidstrom, Red Wings -- Lidstrom doesn't age like fine wine. Fine wines age like Nicklas Lidstrom. At age 40, he's currently on pace for a 95-point season. And he's doing it while being matched against the opposition's top forwards.

Guest mindfly

Voting in all 6 Wings :P

Remember, you can vote multiple times!

That's just absurd, why is that possible? the most geeky/no life fanbase will win...sad thing is it's listed as a career achievement to be in the "first all star team" what a joke.