• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

Really? You don't have a "junk" e-mail address where mailing list e-mails go to die?
It's not that serious.

I mean, Carey Price is counting on your write in votes!! :ph34r:

Holy s***, Price my man, gotta sign up asap :siren:

#42 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted straight DRW Party on the ballot.

I normally detest a straight party ticket, but put me squarely in the raging "homer" camp as well. :)
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#43 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

I can't seem to sign up, there's no "confirm" button or anything, i've filled it all but nothing happens... (I use firefox)

#44 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

I'm rather steamed about Howie and Kronner both not being on the ballot. Proof again that the All Star Game is a misnomer. Were I Henrik, Pasha, Nick, Johan and Brian, I'd say "F**k you!" and take the days off; go off on vacation to some nice sunny resort somewhere. Beats spending anytime in Raleigh. Believe me, I've been there, and it sucks.

Fleury's name is on the Stanley Cup, Howie's isn't. I'm not sure what the criteria are that the NHL uses to put the voting options together, but this probably factors in.

As for the location, nothing conveys the true essence of hockey greatness like the city of Raleigh... yeah... <_<

Isn't it about time that Detroit got to host an all star game again?

#45 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

I normally detest a straight party ticket, but put me squarely in the raging "homer" camp as well. :)

Straight ticket for me too, about the only time I vote red :hehe:

#46 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

I must say these players on the ballot did not have to win a primary election! I was suprised to see some of the names on there!

However, I did vote for Pav, Mule, and had to write in Howie (which I was shocked) I also voted for Drew Doughty and Ryan Getzlaf ( Love him or hate him, the guy is a house and would love to see him in the Winged Wheel). Oh yeah I voted for St Nick as well!!

Edited by Donaldjr2448, 15 November 2010 - 03:03 PM.

#47 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

Fleury's name is on the Stanley Cup, Howie's isn't. I'm not sure what the criteria are that the NHL uses to put the voting options together, but this probably factors in.

As for the location, nothing conveys the true essence of hockey greatness like the city of Raleigh... yeah... <_<

Isn't it about time that Detroit got to host an all star game again?

The NHL is probably waiting until they get a new arena with all the talk about it recently. Kinda like the super bowl at Ford Field 4 years after it opened and the ASG at Comerica Park 5 years after it opened.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing, 15 November 2010 - 03:18 PM.

#48 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Best. Line. Ever.

(re. Dave Lozo's starting lineup picks for the ASG on NHL.com)

Nicklas Lidstrom, Red Wings -- Lidstrom doesn't age like fine wine. Fine wines age like Nicklas Lidstrom. At age 40, he's currently on pace for a 95-point season. And he's doing it while being matched against the opposition's top forwards.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

Voting in all 6 Wings :P

Remember, you can vote multiple times!
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#50 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Voting in all 6 Wings :P

Remember, you can vote multiple times!

That's just absurd, why is that possible? the most geeky/no life fanbase will win...sad thing is it's listed as a career achievement to be in the "first all star team" what a joke.

#51 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

That's just absurd, why is that possible? the most geeky/no life fanbase will win...sad thing is it's listed as a career achievement to be in the "first all star team" what a joke.

Fortunately the players picked by the fans seem to have no effect on who actually gets to the game.

However, you're confusing the mid-season All-Star Game exhibition with the post-season All-Star First and Second teams picked by the "Professional Hockey Writer's Association" (whoever they are) thanks Google. The latter, which you can see here, is considered the career achievement.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 15 November 2010 - 06:34 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#52 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

Yeah my bad :thumbup:

#53 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

Chalkin' the Wings!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#54 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hey, you guys voting for howard in net? I have voted like 100 times. I just can't believe some of the other goalies in that list over him
mccarty3

#55 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

My 6 were
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Stamkos
Lidstrom-Chara
Price

I'm not gonna do it over and over again like som nerds do :scared:

#56 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

They screwed up last year with the All-Star voting. How can they possibly let a person vote multiple times. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired.

#57 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

Well, at least thus far they aren't revealing where the voting stands. I think they learned from last year. :)
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#58 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Well, at least thus far they aren't revealing where the voting stands. I think they learned from last year. :)

You'll be able to check the standings after the 1st week.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png