• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/13 GDT: Avalanche 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Yeah Stuart or Ericsson on the point instead of Modano, definitely..

I like Mo, but he just doesn't seem to do much during regular play.

When he plays with desperation, you see his experience come out of the box, but when he's just playing "the system"......there are better people to put out there.

Modano is, what Modano is. He will never fully adapt to the system. Realistically, there are maybe 2-3 minutes a game where I like Modano being out there. Not because of his skill, or because I think he only deserves 2-3 minutes of playtime, obviously. Just because our style is so different than what he came from, that he doesn't always work well with our system.

I think he might even be better on the PP down deep, than on the point. He has never exactly been known as a defensive forward, and usually you want a defensive forward playing the point. Or....a defenseman :)

I dunno, Mo has talent and experience for sure, but it's very obvious he's having a hard time finding his "Spot" on this team.

Edited by truebladearmy

So, Intermission.

How you guys doing?

Anyone do anything cool today?

I'm watching "The Stand". Yes, the six hour long Steven King movie, from the 90's.

I bought a PSP today.

I normally dont care for hand held video game systems, but Im a pretty big RPG fan and the PSP had a few games I wanted to try.

Anyone have any PSP recommendation's? :cool:

Just home. Anyone kind enough to sum up the game so far?

First period: lots of back and forth, chances for both teams. Jimmy held the fort and Bert sniped one top shelf.

Second period: Wings domination almost all the way through, Huds with a kind of lucky bounce after a great pass from Lids got him a breakaway and 3-0 by Cleary with a nice backhand after a great setup by Bert.

So, Intermission.

How you guys doing?

Anyone do anything cool today?

I'm watching "The Stand". Yes, the six hour long Steven King movie, from the 90's.

I videotaped a bar mitzvah today. I almost forgot that 13 year old boys are absolutely hellions.

I bought a PSP today.

I normally dont care for hand held video game systems, but Im a pretty big RPG fan and the PSP had a few games I wanted to try.

Yeah man, what happened to quality RPG's?

I love RPG's too, but it's so hard to find them on modern consoles.

One I did enjoy on PS3 was Star Ocean. Dragon Age was....ehhh....linear as hell, and you could tell they spent 90% of their graphic design on the character models (Which are beautiful), and forgot to actually make the world impressive.

FF13, I thought was hugely time consuming, the fights lasted way too long, and it was mostly the definition of linear.

Whatever happened to Breath of Fire? ChronoTrigger? ChronoCross? Final Fantasy's actually being RPG's, instead of theatrical time consumers?

Don't know about PSP though. I actually own a NintentoDS because when I bought it, it had more RPG's than the PSP.

Edited by truebladearmy

I bought a PSP today.

You get one of the current ones or an old PSP Phat model? I only ask in terms of homebrew ability. :D

If you've ever played the Kingdom Hearts series, the newest installment (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep) is on the PSP.

First period: lots of back and forth, chances for both teams. Jimmy held the fort and Bert sniped one top shelf.

Second period: Wings domination almost all the way through, Huds with a kind of lucky bounce after a great pass from Lids got him a breakaway and 3-0 by Cleary with a nice backhand after a great setup by Bert.

Good to hear Hudler getting a goal and also Cleary again! That guys on fire :siren:

Does anyone think it's interesting how Bertuzzi has completely reinvented himself as a playmaker this season?

Yes, I do - plus skating and limited dumb-ass passes. It's great to see and he seems to have good chemistry with Cleary.

One I did enjoy on PS3 was Star Ocean. Dragon Age was....ehhh....linear as hell, and you could tell they spent 90% of their graphic design on the character models (Which are beautiful), and forgot to actually make the world impressive.

Still love Dragon Age, though. Three playthroughs and counting from me. I'm determined to 100% those trophies. :P

4rd underway.

Yeah man, what happened to quality RPG's?

I love RPG's too, but it's so hard to find them on modern consoles.

FF13, I thought was hugely time consuming, the fights lasted way too long, and it was mostly the definition of linear.

Whatever happened to Breath of Fire? ChronoTrigger? ChronoCross? Final Fantasy's actually being RPG's, instead of theatrical time consumers?

Don't know about PSP though. I actually own a NintentoDS because when I bought it, it had more RPG's than the PSP.

Oh my god you read my mind!

I love the old school RPG's. Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Lunar, FF6, etc etc.

Seems like all they care about when making games anymore is the graphics. Only really great RPG I have played in a few years was Persona 3. Miss the good old days...

Yes, I do - plus skating and limited dumb-ass passes. It's great to see and he seems to have good chemistry with Cleary.

He did it in Vancouver too, for about....1 year.

The man has skills.

I think his injuries really screwed him for a long time.

I think Bert is starting to realize where he fits in. He's starting to notice that when nobody else is scoring, he can. I think he finally has confidence in his play.

Edited by truebladearmy

Still love Dragon Age, though. Three playthroughs and counting from me. I'm determined to 100% those trophies. :P

4rd underway.

Yikes... good luck with that! haha.

I got the 3000 model. I'm only going to be using it hooked up to my TV, and I figure the pspgo wont be much of a difference. I saved a few bucks too :cool: