• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/13 GDT: Avalanche 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

That's all I saw from Detroit back in 08.

That's why they lost game 5, and that's why the Penguins were able to get one final great chance on Osgood in game 6.

Uh, no. "The system" was the reason why the pens didn't have a single chance for the first 18 minutes of that 3rd period, until the refs called that BS hooking penalty on Hudler.

The reason why the pens had that last second chance was because Datsyuk was blatantly tripped from behind in the neutral zone as he was about to go and score an ENG and the refs decided not to call it

Oh, and for the record, we were also 1st in shots against in 2008. So as great as Osgood + Hasek played, our team defence that year was incredible.

edit: And the reason we lost game 5 was because Franzen failed to clear the zone with 20 seconds left, and Fleury stood on his head.

Edited by Nev

Franzen was trying to stop. He wasn't trying to slew foot Duchene, and it is irrelevant because Duchene embellished the call as soon as Franzen's skate got his. It was a flat out dive.

Who stops with their back knee straight? He threw out his arm and his leg when Duchene stopped short. Duchene definitely dove but Franzen was equally guilty. Should have been a two and a two, and frankly his shocked "who me?" act after every call he takes is wearing thin.

Edited by kook_10

Guest mindfly

When did the wings last kill off a 5on3 that was longer than 30secs? it seems like always when they are 3 against 5 it ends up in the net...

When did the wings last kill off a 5on3 that was longer than 30secs? it seems like always when they are 3 against 5 it ends up in the net...

Honestly if a team has a 5-on-3 PP for more than 30 seconds, it SHOULD be a goal. Otherwise it's a failure on the part of the team on the man advantage.

You shouldn't expect the Wings (or any team) to consistantly kill off 3-on-5 boxplays. As long as the 4-on-5s work well, and they don't go 2 men short too often, it's nothing to worry about.

Guest mindfly

Wings have had a few 5on3 pps this season and have failed if i remember correctly... imo it shouldnt be an automatic goal just because you go down two players

Edited by mindfly

Teams not scoring on a 5 on 3 that is of any substantial length is a failure on the PP.

A two man advantage should almost be an automatic goal.

Mindfly is just upset the team is doing too well record wise for him to be a negative Nancy so he is picking on their 5 on 3 pk.

Desperation is a stinky cologne!

Who stops with their back knee straight? He threw out his arm and his leg when Duchene stopped short. Duchene definitely dove but Franzen was equally guilty. Should have been a two and a two, and frankly his shocked "who me?" act after every call he takes is wearing thin.

His back knee wasn't straight from where I saw but either way his leg made the motion that he was stopping.

There was no kicking motion that you see when someone slewfoots another.

His back knee wasn't straight from where I saw but either way his leg made the motion that he was stopping.

There was no kicking motion that you see when someone slewfoots another.

You don't need a kicking motion, you just need forward motion behind another players plant leg. Franzen was trailing Duchene, and when Duchene started to reverse on him he knew he was beat so he stuck arm and his left leg out to catch his Duchene's right skate. Duchene's weight was on his left foot so it didn't work.

You don't need a kicking motion, you just need forward motion behind another players plant leg. Franzen was trailing Duchene, and when Duchene started to reverse on him he knew he was beat so he stuck arm and his left leg out to catch his Duchene's right skate. Duchene's weight was on his left foot so it didn't work.

Or maybe Franzen was also stopping to reciprocate?

Or maybe Franzen was also stopping to reciprocate?

Maybe, I could always be wrong, but that's how I interpreted what I saw. Throwing his leg out is consistent with throwing his arm out which he got called for.

Guest Shoreline

Good to see the win, but another slow GDT? What gives? :blink:

The topics are only high in posts when our team loses. Then the spamming negative nancies come out of the woodwork -- looking for justifications to preach doom and gloom or take a complete crap on some Red Wing player.

Although, one or two particular negative nancies somehow find a way to ***** even when our team wins. *points to the top of this page*

Edited by Shoreline

The topics are only high in posts when our team loses. Then the spamming negative nancies come out of the woodwork -- looking for justifications to preach doom and gloom or take a complete crap on some Red Wing player.

Mindfly shows up win or lose.