• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#241 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

Didn't like how this game turned out after perfect 40mins...

You don't like how it turned out? The only other outcome would have been a loss, so would that have been more acceptable?

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#242 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

we get it mindfly, you want to see 60 minutes of pure domination.

So wings played for 40mins tonight, why not a full 60? too much to ask for? :ranting:

maybe cause 40 was enough for 2 pts?

Edited by scottj, 13 November 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#243 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Can't say I'm happy with the third but still a convincing performance once again. 6-0 home stretch incoming... *knock on wood*

#244 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

Awful third. No life from this team. Dumb penalties (WTF EAVES?) really didn't help.

Got the win though, and tonight two periods got us a win. Hopefully they will learn from that third period and do better next game.

Posted Image

#245 Dat Wuz Eazy

Dat Wuz Eazy

Flying Squid Ftw

• 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

You don't like how it turned out? The only other outcome would have been a loss, so would that have been more acceptable?

Good game,too bad Howard didn't get the shutout there.Lol@ franzens penalty,it looked as though the other guy pulled a crosby as he flung his body to the ice while franzen held his jersey.
Posted Image

"Pavel's biggest strength is his ability to beat people, hold on to the puck and draw people to him." - Steve Yzerman

#246 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

Get use to this trend. A lot of the post-cap successes, are spending all their cap space, to lock up breakout guys, who may or may not do their job 2-3-4 years down the road. The cap makes teams move people around, clear up space, and take gambles on people.

In a poker game, Chicago went "All in", and won. But nothing left for later tournaments. Can't bully out a win now.

Pittsburgh, is a high card team. They bet on high cards, and can't play a low card game for s***.

Detroit, likes to slow play the f*** out of the system, but they're the quiet guy who gets you in the end, round after round. Win some, lose some, but always in the game.

That is, simply put, one of the finest analogies I've ever heard. :clap:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#247 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

Good game,too bad Howard didn't get the shutout there.Lol@ franzens penalty,it looked as though the other guy pulled a crosby as he flung his body to the ice while franzen held his jersey.

As angry as I was that we got a penalty, I couldnt help but laugh at that.....flop..? :lol:
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#248 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

lol samuelsson is diving/embelleshing against toronto

#249 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

I am not a fan of the prevent defense this team displays after a lead. The past two cup teams for Detroit never did this stuff, but as long as we keep winning I'm happy.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#250 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

I am not a fan of the prevent defense this team displays after a lead. The past two cup teams for Detroit never did this stuff, but as long as we keep winning I'm happy.

That's all I saw from Detroit back in 08.

That's why they lost game 5, and that's why the Penguins were able to get one final great chance on Osgood in game 6.

Something in Babcock's system causes that, but I have no idea what.

Posted Image

#251 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

So wings played for 40mins tonight, why not a full 60? too much to ask for? :ranting:

ROFL. You have such a childish system of entitlement. I pity you.

#252 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, Wings suck at it - you'd think they would realize it one of these days.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#253 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

quoted for truth

#254 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

You guys should check the Avs GDT on HFboards.

"The Wings get all the penalties at the Joe"
"The Wings announcers are self entitled"
"Todd Bertuzzi is a POS"
"Franzen hauled down Duchene! WHAT A TOOL"

I am paraphrasing, but you get the idea.

Posted Image

#255 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

That's all I saw from Detroit back in 08.

That's why they lost game 5, and that's why the Penguins were able to get one final great chance on Osgood in game 6.

Something in Babcock's system causes that, but I have no idea what.

Hmmm, I don't remember it, I remember it more prevalently from the 09' team.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#256 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Hmmm, I don't remember it, I remember it more prevalently from the 09' team.

09 was worse. That team had very little concept of defense.

I still remember the 3-0 lead Detroit had against Edmonton in game six of 06. That was a nightmare.

Posted Image

#257 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

I'm a homer for our guys as much as anybody, but the Mule got his leg behind the Avs guy. Even though the other guy embellished, 2 minutes beats having his eggshell head cracked for a poorly executed slew foot.

works every time

#258 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

Well looked it up:

07-08 team:
GF: 3rd
GA: 1st

08-09 team:
GF: 1st
GA: 19th

The 08-09 team shut down in late games, the 07-08 team shut the teams down in the late games.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#259 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

Why? it's the truth, horrendous 3rd period that will come back and haunt you in 9 of 10 nights, with a little more luck avs would have won that game, it was a lucky win, avs hade a post, hudler a lucky goal and alot of mad scrambles in front of the wings net, avs made wings look silly in the faceoff department too unacceptable...

Edited by mindfly, 13 November 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#260 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

Also looked up 3rd period goals against:

07-08 team gave up the fewest goals against in the 3rd
08-09 team gave up the 2nd most in the 3rd period.

I think you got some years mixed up?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank