• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Saw Sheahan play tonight

Rate this topic

Well said. At the time it seemed we barely had any prospects at all, let alone good ones. Trading our first round picks all the time, at the time, depleted our system. Also, check our drafts from basically '91-'98, and it won't be any surprise why it was a barren system.

Our prospects now are the best i've ever seen in the Wings organization. Also, with our penchant for developing guys who weren't even pegged to be stars, there are more wild cards than usual. My list looks a bit like this:

Top line potential-

Tater

Nyquist

Jarnkrok

Second line-

Nestrasil

Ferraro

Pulkkinen

Third and under-

Mursak

Sheahan

Emmerton

How can you put Mursak in the 3rd and under, and put Ferraro in the second line? Bit too early to put Jarnkrok in the 1st isn't it? And Tatar too.

thing I've seen and heard the Finnish league has a bit higher level of competition, not 100% if its true, but it seems to be that way.

Thats not true. Elitserien is regarded as the better league clearly. The best players in sm-liiga on a given year usually ends up in sweden or russia (most likely KHL now though) the next one. That said sm-liiga generally has a faster paced game more fitted to the NA style, while Elitserien is more tactical. About Pulkkinen vs. Järnkrok, i would say you cant really say whose the better prospect right now, they are both playing very good with their respective clubs. I think though that pulkkinen is a more one-dimensional type of player, more of a scorer, currently that is.

Thats not true. Elitserien is regarded as the better league clearly. The best players in sm-liiga on a given year usually ends up in sweden or russia (most likely KHL now though) the next one. That said sm-liiga generally has a faster paced game more fitted to the NA style, while Elitserien is more tactical. About Pulkkinen vs. Järnkrok, i would say you cant really say whose the better prospect right now, they are both playing very good with their respective clubs. I think though that pulkkinen is a more one-dimensional type of player, more of a scorer, currently that is.