• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus's Garden

Ready to declare last year good long-term

Rate this topic

Let me preface this by saying that I've survived this Michigan football season by convincing myself that it's good the handful of freshman and couple of hobos they've had to play on defense will make next year's team better by experience.

So ...

Howard had to play a ton last season. Guys like Helm, Cleary, Abdelkader had more responsibilities. Drew Miller and Patrick Eaves were adds just to fill the roster. But! All that's done now is give Detroit four-plus lines that are lethal plus added depth and forced some young role players to grow up faster. Not to mention all the rest everyone got with the injuries and early playoff exit.

I'm officially calling 2009-10 a major key to developing the Red Wings for the next 4-5 years. So everyone can feel better about last year.

Yep also Lazy and Sucks.

I'm not sure who we can harp on anymore. Modano, Hudler and Ericsson all look light years better than they did earlier. Since they were our whipping boys, who is left?

How about Draper for being invisible each game?

Guest CaliWingsNut

I stated this several times last year. Jimmy D even stated towards the beginning of the season that it was a transitional year for the team.

I'm not sure who we can harp on anymore. Modano, Hudler and Ericsson all look light years better than they did earlier. Since they were our whipping boys, who is left?

Seems like Hudler will always be one of the top candidates for hwipping (Cool Hwip) boy status.

:blink:

most confusing thread title ever

I don't see whats so confusing about the title, maybe "Ready to declare last year good for the long-term" makes it a bit understandable.

I def agree with OP that last year was vital for this teams success this year, no doubt about it.

I'm hopeing the Draper comment was a joke/sarcasm?

Edited by SpIkE

Also doesn't hurt that Nick has been a monster.

This can't be overstated.

The one key component present on every single successful Red Wings team of the last 2 decades is Nick Lidstrom playing at or near the top of his game.

If Lidstrom maintains his current level of play through the season and the playoffs anything is possible.

You're forgetting a certain assistant coach. Also-- Lebda and Kopecky still play in the NHL so they can still be blamed for whatever we dislike (at least tangentially).