12 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thread

Pretty interesting stuff, although 99% chance it won't happen.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Stupid thread, trading for a 7mil player, it's not 2001/2002...

#3 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

Stupid thread, trading for a 7mil player, it's not 2001/2002...

Did you not read it? There were suggestions of trading Rafalski, ect. Not just Iginla to Detroit straight up.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#4 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

Yeah trading rafalski who has a NTC, good luck... and we all know holland do not want to get a player with such a huge contract and ruin the team's future chances of going far

#5 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

This isn't a rumor. This is one of those stupid "value of" stuff. The title should be "What would it take Detroit to get Iginla" not "Rumor: Iginla to Detroit?"
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#6 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

The more interesting part on there would be Mark Streit. I'd like to have Iginla, but there's no real way it's possible.

People were actually mentioning giving up Franzen. Franzen is way better than Iginla come playoff time.

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

The more interesting part on there would be Mark Streit. I'd like to have Iginla, but there's no real way it's possible.

People were actually mentioning giving up Franzen. Franzen is way better than Iginla come playoff time.

Yeah Iginla's not a clutch playoff performer. He's got Jumbo Joe Symdrome.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

I couldn't believe it either.

This isn't a rumor. This is one of those stupid "value of" stuff. The title should be "What would it take Detroit to get Iginla" not "Rumor: Iginla to Detroit?"

Really the only reason I put it as "rumor" is because it was in the rumor section of HF Boards.

#9 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

I wouldn't want Iginla in the Winged Wheel in the first place. And then throw the numbers into the mix. It doesn't work now or in the future. And we aren't giving up Rafalski any time soon either. Ha..

#10 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

Iginla could be acquired, but you would probably be looking at one of these three scenarios:

1) Trade Brian Rafalski (NTC) and perhaps another player making ~$1m

2) Trade a forward (one of Val Filppula, Jiri Hudler, or Dan Cleary) and a defenseman (one of Brad Stuart or Nik Kronwall) and perhaps another player making ~$1m.

3) Trade two forwards (two of Val Filppula, Jiri Hudler, or Dan Cleary) and perhaps another player making ~$1m.

None of those options are likely scenarios.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#11 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

I don't know about you guys but I'd give up Val and Hudler for Iginla anyday.

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

I don't know about you guys but I'd give up Val and Hudler for Iginla anyday.

I wouldn't. We'd lose depth, production and take on more cap hit.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

I wouldn't. We'd lose depth, production and take on more cap hit.

Hudler? Yes. Fil? No.