• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

HF Boards rumor

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Yeah trading rafalski who has a NTC, good luck... and we all know holland do not want to get a player with such a huge contract and ruin the team's future chances of going far

The more interesting part on there would be Mark Streit. I'd like to have Iginla, but there's no real way it's possible.

People were actually mentioning giving up Franzen. Franzen is way better than Iginla come playoff time.

I couldn't believe it either.

This isn't a rumor. This is one of those stupid "value of" stuff. The title should be "What would it take Detroit to get Iginla" not "Rumor: Iginla to Detroit?"

Really the only reason I put it as "rumor" is because it was in the rumor section of HF Boards.

Iginla could be acquired, but you would probably be looking at one of these three scenarios:

1) Trade Brian Rafalski (NTC) and perhaps another player making ~$1m

2) Trade a forward (one of Val Filppula, Jiri Hudler, or Dan Cleary) and a defenseman (one of Brad Stuart or Nik Kronwall) and perhaps another player making ~$1m.

3) Trade two forwards (two of Val Filppula, Jiri Hudler, or Dan Cleary) and perhaps another player making ~$1m.

None of those options are likely scenarios.