• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Campbell calls (likely Savard) "Fake Artist" in email

Rate this topic

TSN has it up now, we get a response from Campbell

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341367

I like this part.

Because of the potential for a conflict of interest, or more importantly a perceived conflict of interest, the League has implemented various structural protections that prohibit Colie from having any oversight or disciplinary authority relating to any game in which his son, Gregory, plays.

I would have thought one of these "structural protections" would involve not contacting the head of officials and "venting" about a possibly bad call being made on his son. Just me I guess.

I almost thought NHL Home Ice on XM would have some interesting discussion about this whole thing...but listening to them on the way home from work, they were all up on Colin Campbell's jock the entire time, basically failing to see what the problem is with "Colie's" behavior.

Don't want to lose those inane phoners with him, I guess.

Adding some fuel to the fire.

As one referee said today, "I can't believe it took so long for this to come out."
However, Dave Newell, who spent 40 years in the NHL as a referee and war-room official, said Monday, "You're asking me if personal relationships ever affected suspensions, or lack thereof? My answer is yes."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/elliottefriedman/2010/11/campbell-emails-puts-objectivity-into-question.html

So when a Penguin instigates an altercation (while others are involved in a scrum previously) he should automatically be suspended or else it is a double standard?

Crosby? No

Goddard? Yes

Malkin? No

Cooke? Yes, unless it happens to be on Savard, apparently

The responses crack me up -- Campbell completely shrugs it off with a Palin-esque "Aw Shucks!" and the NHL with the typical "Our emploeyees are the best in the world, beyond reproach, despite their actions (unless they try and unionize)".

Not even a token "We will investigate this matter in full" ... And never speak of it again once the attention dies down.

Edited by egroen

It deeply saddens me that a man of Campbell's stature doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're". :(

Cheer up. It has always been one of my pet peeves as well. But now that I have finally been dragged onto the computer like everyone else (my wife says that I am the last guy to graduate UofM without using a computer) I have found that the little motor skills ivolved in typing have turned me into a grammatical moron. I have never had problems with "your" and "you're" until I began typing, and now that is the only place it ever shows up.

I consistantly type "myself" as "myslef", "about" as "aobut" and for some reason, while my head knows that it is "you're", my fingers type out "your". I hoenstly think it gets lost in the motorskill translation. I play the drums, ride downhill mountainbikes, ride dirtbikes, white water kayak, play hockey as well as other skill based sports, but typing can be a challenge.

Moral of my post: Let the grammatical errors go, but nail him for the incompetent, hot head, grudge baring, duplistic, moron that he is.

Edit: A Bulls***ter knows bulls*** when he (I) sees it: 5:50 mark McLean puts Coly on the spot and Coly pulls the old "Truth and Redirect" play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaNNvFCm9XE

Edited by T.Low

Honestly this whole Campbell situation just illuminates why the league struggles to become a major sport, when one of its top executives conducts himself in this manner.

It makes the NHL look like it's still basically a Canadian family business, where biases and personal relationships rule the league, not a legit major sport.

I'm watching the Blues/Dives game on Versus (TSN is broadcasting it in Canada) and I'm watching Kypreos, Engblom and some other dick talk about the games on tonight during the intermission and the Avery sucker/not sucker punch against Schmeeeeed the other night but I'm disgusted that they're choosing to ignore the biggest story in hockey so far this year and haven't brought up Corupt Campbell and his emails once. I'm wondering if the knee-breakers at the NHL have put the gag order on Versus? One thing for sure, they won't be able to gag CBC; I bet HNIC has the story front and center this Saturday night. I checked the NHL website and surprise surprise! Not one mention of the story anywhere on their site... sweep it under the rug boys, spin it and downplay it, don't ever admit a problem in Bettmanland. At least The Hockey News has a story on it.

I'm wondering how long it will take for someone to launch a lawsuit against Corupt Campbell and sue his ass for collusion or organized crime (fixing/influencing NHL games via his position and/or decisions) and forces Bettman to pay their team back for lost revenue... Mike Illitch... are you LISTENING???

I'm watching the Blues/Dives game on Versus (TSN is broadcasting it in Canada) and I'm watching Kypreos, Engblom and some other dick talk about the games on tonight during the intermission and the Avery sucker/not sucker punch against Schmeeeeed the other night but I'm disgusted that they're choosing to ignore the biggest story in hockey so far this year and haven't brought up Corupt Campbell and his emails once. I'm wondering if the knee-breakers at the NHL have put the gag order on Versus? One thing for sure, they won't be able to gag CBC; I bet HNIC has the story front and center this Saturday night. I checked the NHL website and surprise surprise! Not one mention of the story anywhere on their site... sweep it under the rug boys, spin it and downplay it, don't ever admit a problem in Bettmanland. At least The Hockey News has a story on it.

I'm wondering how long it will take for someone to launch a lawsuit against Corupt Campbell and sue his ass for collusion or organized crime (fixing/influencing NHL games via his position and/or decisions) and forces Bettman to pay their team back for lost revenue... Mike Illitch... are you LISTENING???

Wouldn't be surprising at all.

Daly said Dellow's research was accurate "for the most part," but indicated the league was well aware of the emails and sees no cause for concern.

"None of this is new to us," said Daly.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/11/15/sp-campbell-messages.html#ixzz15PjIIe6z

Edited by titanium2

I think the funniest part is that they are only focusing on the part about him being a protective father.

I thought that the bigger issue here is that he is basically showing that if he hates a player, that player is f***ed in this league. Concussion? It was a clean hit.

I'd hate/love to see someone 'Bertuzzi' Savard now. See if THAT deserves a suspension.

I wish, I really do, that we could do something, ANYTHING about this bulls***.

And people why the NHL is the circus that it is?

I'd like to see an thoroughly researched article about the perception of the NHL by both hockey fans, non hockey fans and non sports fans.

When an article (not sure which one it was) says stuff like virtually everybody outside of the NHL's executive office thinks they're incompetent you just gotta wonder.

But in the end, I guess if the league is making money their employees can be as corrupt as they want.

Honestly this whole Campbell situation just illuminates why the league struggles to become a major sport, when one of its top executives conducts himself in this manner.

It makes the NHL look like it's still basically a Canadian family business, where biases and personal relationships rule the league, not a legit major sport.

I agree. If this was MLB, NBA, or NFL, the League would hold a press conference within an hour or two after these e-mails became public to apologize, and Campbell would be out the door.

More proof, the NHL is by far the worst run League in North American sports.

Edited by Barrie

I just hope the mainstream canadian & US media keep up the pressure on the NHL & Campbell, but I doubt it will happen. Even HNIC...after all, he's a good ole canadian boy, eh? The US media probly won't give a damn, after all, spring training starts in 4 months, right?

This is all so depressing, proving the NHL fans of every team are entirely justified in their tinfoil hatness. Unproffesional, dishonest and corrupt? Nah, just a hockey dad venting - and there's another eyebrow raiser. Apparantly its ok for hockey dads to send abusive emails to officials if you hear (not see) that a weak call was made against your son.

Disgraceful. Hopefully those refs books won't be too sanitised by the lawyers and blow the lid right off.

Guest Shoreline
Even HNIC...after all, he's a good ole canadian boy, eh?

I'm surprised someone else noticed that. I was greatly disappointed at how CBC downplayed this.

I'm surprised someone else noticed that. I was greatly disappointed at how CBC downplayed this.

Kind of like after Dan Boyle's slewfoot during the Olympics.

He just smiled for the camera and said, "That's just me being aggressive".

"You have to understand Colin Campbell's personality. He's just a passionate hockey Dad."

<_<

This story is generating some momentum here in the greater Boston Region. A local sports talk tv show is covering this as when Savard is healthy he will play for Boston (unless traded).

They have said that while there is no evidence that he used his hatred for Savard to not suspend Cooke, these emails should be the basis for termination.

Ok so they are saying "He should be FIAARD" *Insert Mass accent*.

I too watched the Blues Avs game and the new overtime show not to see what they had to say, because I had read almost all that there was to read on my own. But to see whether they covered it. They choose to ignore it, that is bush league. These guys are journalists now. Whether they were a Hockey player or an announcer before, they are a journalist now and should be covering what is important not helping the league sweep it under the rug.

Wait what am I talking about Journalistic Integrity in this day an age, I am an ASSHAT!