• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Campbell calls (likely Savard) "Fake Artist" in email

Rate this topic

I don't think we've seen this article before. Covers the players' take on the whole situation.

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2010/11/20/sports/doc4ce8a1056dbb4021226525.txt?viewmode=default

They conducted a poll of 30 NHL players and...

No you don't understand, the players 100% support Colie and the league brass. Bettman said so. :huh:

esteef

discussion on HNIC

God bless Ron MacLean.

"Colin Campbell did so something wrong, Eric. He talked about his son Gregory. No matter how you slice it, it's a conflict of interest. When Steve Walkom, who at the time was the NHL director of officiating, is being grilled about games with Gregory Campbell(notes), and that is the rub. That is the one serious problem with Colin Campbell."

"What referee reading those emails or this story this week isn't thinking, 'Jeez, next time I have the Boston Bruins ... Colin Campbell has the ear of Terry Gregson, and I make a bad call in that game, how does that affect my chances?'"

click on link for full article and video

Guest Shoreline

Whew, for a second I thought I was going to compliment Mike Milbury -- thankfully Ron stepped in and one-upped him before I could type my compliment, but that Eric Francis guy couldn't possibly have his nose more up Campbell's ass. Even if you don't take the issue seriously, at very least the grilling of an official directly in charge of how officials call penalties, relating to his own son, is a major conflict of interest. The more douches like Francis try to sweep it under the rug the more irate people are getting about it. This isn't nearly to the level of scandal relating to the NBA referee one, but it's also went past how long of a story it should have been thanks to Campbell's ******-like attitude about it, with a complete failure to recognize his own wrongdoing and moving on. His attitude only perpetuates the insinuation that he's beyond reproach, which I know is highly wrong as even the police answer to somebody when they f*** up.

Edited by Shoreline

^ That's why this is so ridiculous, the league doesn't acknowledge the wrongdoing or conflict of interest at all and only finds it "unfortunate" that the emails have been released to the public. Like this was all some sort of mishap or something. Boooooools***.

esteef

Edited by esteef

No you don't understand, the players 100% support Colie and the league brass. Bettman said so. :huh:

esteef

Heh, it really is amazing.

They're PR is just awful - I get that they think they are beyond reproach in any and all things and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, but it doesn't take a genius to see flaunting that attitude to the players, fans and media leaves quite a bit of distaste, resentment and distrust.

A simple statement of "This specific incident was unbecoming of an NHL official, and while it did not directly influence officiating of the refs in any game, it introduced a precedent of bias indirectly impacting the game. This matter was dealt with by the league and it's officials three years ago and we are confident Campbell has performed his duties with the utmost integrity."

Is that so hard? Even if it is total BS, it presents at least a token of professionalism and would remove a lot of doubt.

I also love Campbell's implication that anyone who has a problem with those emails hates the NHL.

"What bothers me is the collateral damage that may have been done to my son and Marc Savard. But I can take the criticism. In this job, there are storms all the time, and sometimes there are hurricanes. This was one of ’em.”

Uh...what "collateral damage" was done to Marc Savard? Or are you admitting fault, Campbell? Because none of this made Savard look bad. It was you, f***stick.

“I feel bad that I exposed (NHL commissioner) Gary (Bettman) to all this stuff, and he had to answer all those questions,” Campbell told the Star on Monday. “But he never flinched."

Bettman reminds me of Clint Eastwood!