• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Scott Gordon let go as Isle head coach

Rate this topic

I don't understand why the Isles struggle so much. True, they're not a team of superstars, but they have some talent and they should at least be competing for playoffs every year.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm still surprised no one hired Hitch during the off-season.

Maybe Hitch has turned down the offers he has received. Hitch is an excellent tactician and x's and o's guy. But he wears out his welcome quick with players. Bowman always liked him and spoke well of his hockey knowledge. He's helped out Team Canada at the Olympics. I just don't know if players respect him to play hard for him anymore.

I don't understand why the Isles struggle so much. True, they're not a team of superstars, but they have some talent and they should at least be competing for playoffs every year.

Seeing how they're in the East, I tend to agree.

Ownership is the biggest problem with the franchise. Second to last in the league in spending. *Still* recovering from having Mike Millbury as GM for a series of bad years and bad moves.

They're constantly in "rebuilding mode"

While Garth Snow is trying to right the ship, there's still not a whole lot of solid veteran leadership to guide the young talent.

Guess you gotta start with the coaching and go from there...

I went to an Isles game about 13 years ago and the Arena SUCKS!! The Area around the Arena Sucks! I root for the Isles just because I feel bad for them! I really thought the Lighthouse project would pull them out of these dark decades, but that seems to have foiled! I'm not sure any coach is going to make that franchise any better! Like so many have stated already, the failure starts at the top, I can tell ya it wasn't Scott Gordon's fault!

We could probably build an all-star roster with the players the Islanders traded away in the last 15 years!!

I follow the Isle's news maybe more than any team that isn't the Wings. They are the proverbial underdog and apart from my love of Wings dominance, i'm rooting for the Isle's to surprise.

I thought this year was gonna be a big step but Streit was out for like 3 months before the season started, Johnny T was concussed right out of the gate, and I believe Okposo is out for awhile. They needed all those guys to really get going. DiPietro might be done forever as a decent goaltending option. Rolosen is probably retiring soon. They need a new arena super bad and if not for thier nutcase owner, who has been more than generous financially and patiently, they'd probably be gone already.

Garth "former back-up goaltender/linebacker" Snow has actually done a very good job. If they were able to sign more veterans, so it wasn't always on the kids, they'd do better. That said, Snow usually does well on the free agent front. His drafting record is pretty good; they has quite the stable of youngsters.

Guest Stolberg

snow has done a pretty good job so far.it's kind of hard to do much with a roster when you have an incompetent owner, internal cap, anda post-milbury islanders that most ufas are scared to death of

snow has done a pretty good job so far.it's kind of hard to do much with a roster when you have an incompetent owner, internal cap, anda post-milbury islanders that most ufas are scared to death of

dude I could watch your signature gif all day. Who the heck is that?