• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockey23

Quicken Loans and Fathead New Sponsors

Rate this topic

Wings Welcome new partnerships

Other elements of the deal include virtual signage for Quicken Loans and Fathead that appear on the end glass in Red Wings’ home game broadcasts on FOX Sports Detroit, LED dasher board signage, radio commercials, print and Web advertising, external pole banner advertising from Compuware Center (Quicken Loans headquarters) to Joe Louis Arena in downtown Detroit, signage during College Hockey at the Joe contests, inclusion on the Red Wings general and targeted fan emails, and Fathead product placement in Detroit Red Wings retail outlets. Quicken Loans and Fathead will also receive tickets to Red Wings' home games and have committed to using them in community relations efforts throughout the season.

:thumbdown: I hate those LED signs on the boards and the ads on the glass on FSD.

What's wrong with Sam Bernstein?

Sam's ok by me. His advertising campaign, however, is annoying as hell. Every commercial break, a Sam Bernstein commercial that's at least at a 50% higher volume than the game (a lot of commercials on FSD are like that though).

The "Call Sam Studios" is a stupid name.

I hate excessive corporate sponsorship in general.

Edited by ACallToArms

Sam's ok by me. His advertising campaign, however, is annoying as hell. Every commercial break, a Sam Bernstein commercial that's at least at a 50% higher volume than the game (a lot of commercials on FSD are like that though).

That has to do with the compression settings on the FSDs audio equipment, not the advertisers commercials themselves.

That has to do with the compression settings on the FSDs audio equipment, not the advertisers commercials themselves.

Are you sure? Most commercials are allowed to be played at the highest volume of the last 30 seconds or two minutes of the show (I forget). So if there was a crazy play and Ken Daniels got excited, those commercials are going to be consistently as loud as his call. I hear Congress is passing a law to reduce it, but that's how it stands right now.

Are you sure? Most commercials are allowed to be played at the highest volume of the last 30 seconds or two minutes of the show (I forget). So if there was a crazy play and Ken Daniels got excited, those commercials are going to be consistently as loud as his call. I hear Congress is passing a law to reduce it, but that's how it stands right now.

I had the imnpression that the new law would have a similar loophole, where the commercial can be as loud as the loudest portion of the broadcast.

I don't understand why the FCC just doesn't make a standard. All show will be broadcast at this volume, and leave it up to me to determine how loud I want it based off that. If these commercials keep getting louder, technology will prevail. Onkyo, Sony, Denan, etc will come out with receivers that regulate the broadcast volume, and they will make good money doing it.