• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Insane Situation at the Shark Tank

Rate this topic

Ryan Smyth scores a goal and the refs don't see it so the play continues for like another two mins.... and guess what? Mitchell scores a goal on a breakaway. After play stopped and Smyth's goal was reviewed as in, Mitchell's goal got wiped off, as everything, including time, gets reset from when the original player scored.

Has this ever happened before?

Edited by ShanahanMan

Ryan Smyth scores a goal and the refs don't see it so the play continues for like another two mins.... and guess what? Mitchell scores a goal on a breakaway. If Smyth's goal counts, Mitchell goal gets wiped off, as everything, including time, gets reset after a player scores.

I remember years ago at a Winnipeg Jets game something similar to that happened. Can't remember which game it was though.

Plenty of times. Tough break, but obviously the right thing to do.

Really? Thats pretty insane. Goal goes in, refs don't see, then the other team scores, and that goal gets erased. Think of those odds. Suddenly a 4-1 game has become 3-2.

Happens alot, though i got a mild chuckle when Mitchell scored, the Kings weren't really trying though, you knew they knew it was in. What I want to know is what if Smyth had kicked it it? Wouldn't it have technically killed the play, that would have ended in a riot.

Edited by jollymania

I was surprised no one saw the Smyth goal, though. It was well in the net, and stayed in there for a good long while. If the ref wasn't in position to see it the goal judge ought to have signaled.

What I want to know is what if Smyth had kicked it it? Wouldn't it have technically killed the play, that would have ended in a riot.

Oh my, that is quite the scenario.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I'm surprised nobody talked about the crazy finish in Pittsburgh. Rangers lead 1-0 with under three minutes to play, then the Penguins score twice in 28 seconds. Douchebag 1 and Douchebag 2 (Kunitz and Cooke) both tallied for the Pens, only to have the Rangers tie it seconds later and win in overtime.

Oh, and Pittsburgh had a 6-0 advantage in PP's.

Really? Thats pretty insane. Goal goes in, refs don't see, then the other team scores, and that goal gets erased. Think of those odds. Suddenly a 4-1 game has become 3-2.

I was this close to posting, "Huh? Smyth and Mitchell are on the same team....." but then realized that San Jose had Torre Mitchell. :blush:

Happens alot, though i got a mild chuckle when Mitchell scored, the Kings weren't really trying though, you knew they knew it was in. What I want to know is what if Smyth had kicked it it? Wouldn't it have technically killed the play, that would have ended in a riot.

I wouldn't say it happens a lot, more like it happens more than you think.

If Smyth kicked it in, the play would be blown dead since the puck would have been in.

Would have been funny it it happened to Montreal, i bet there would be riots :P

Guest CaliWingsNut

i know it wasnt the case this time but if that goal was kicked in would it be a no goal for both teams or would they have still counted mitchells.

Should have been whistled dead in either case.

That was crazy. I don't know how they didn't see that when it happened. I thought their job was to watch the play... Anyway, at least they have video replay to help them make decisions. It would have been handy for whatever team it was that got screwed in the soccer World Cup when a clear goal was wiped away.

This is one rule I don't like! WHY WHY WHY WHY can't the whistle blow when the ref is not sure?? Instead the game plays on for nearly 2 minutes and another goal is scored! It would have only took 15 seconds of replay time to figure out Smyth scored! Instead the game was delayed 5 minutes to figure out the correct time on the clock and put the penalized players back in the box!

I watched the game live and it just seemed weird, I just knew the entire time that San Jose was gonna score a goal!