• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Crazy finish in Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Game summary:

Rangers lead 1-0 late in the game. Pittsburgh then scores twice in less than 30 seconds to take the lead, only to have the Rangers storm back and score shorthanded less than half a minute later, and then win on a pretty goal in overtime. The Rangers also overcame a 6-0 disadvantage in powerplays.

Sweet little vid, thanks for posting it.

I had the Team 1040 on as I was working and heard about Avery in the tunnel getting chase by ? opposition...that was Edmonton or tonite against Pittsburgh? Already been posted on LGW and I missed it? Que paso?

Guest Shoreline

Poor Sam Rosen of MSG can't even raise his voice to yell anymore without it going out. It happens to me too. :(

Very nice finish for the Rangers. I wish that video had shown the 2 Pittsburgh goals. Would have made me savor their agony a little more.

Sweet little vid, thanks for posting it.

I had the Team 1040 on as I was working and heard about Avery in the tunnel getting chase by ? opposition...that was Edmonton or tonite against Pittsburgh? Already been posted on LGW and I missed it? Que paso?

that was against the oilers.

Refs tried to give this game to the pens. They had what 5 straight PP? Then gave lunqvist a penalty for some redic s*** with 2 mins left. Glad the rangers won. Beautiful OT goal. Great job overcoming adversity

Edited by brett

Guest Heaten

I'm somewhat of a Rangers fan, so it's great to see them get the win. Sounds like it would have been a crazy game to go to.

Not if you are a pens fan. I watched the game, the last 3 minutes was pretty intense. Emotional for Pens fans, their tears taste so good. Pens couldn't score for 57 minutes of the game in a 1-0 game, fans were getting impatient and restless, especially when pens couldn't convert on their trillion gifted power plays by the refs. After the 5th penalty ended Kunitz scored. 30 seconds later they get a rush and score again. And the crowed exploded! The new arena went nuts with excitement and the fans were in heaven that their team was a 1:46 minutes from winning the game. Lundqvist got pissed off and cracked his stick over the goal and tossed it across the ice and refs called a 'unsportsman' penalty against the goalie. Pens thought this game was in the bag.

Then BOOM, around the dying minute of the game Mark Staal scored a beauty against MAF... and the arena deflated. Rangers scored a shorty in the dying minutes to tie the game.

In OT Rangers scored another beauty (as seen in the YT videos above). It was a gutsy win by Rangers and a complete failure by the Penguins. HF boards had a thread on it but it was locked because the Pens fans are crying (saying Rangers didn't deserve the win, and refs missed two important calls against the Rangers, and Rangers cheat and blah, blah, blah). Ranger fans were making fun of them so mods had to lock the thread after 20 pages.

I was watching this game and when the Pens scored those two quick goals, I got all jacked off and quit watching. Then like a few minutes later I hit "last" on the remote by accident and it went back to the Pens game and I saw they were in OT. I could NOT believe it. Glad those two "big name" free agent defensemen are helping out. Michalek fell flat on his face and Martin looked like he was swimming on the last goal.

that was against the oilers.

Refs tried to give this game to the pens. They had what 5 straight PP? Then gave lunqvist a penalty for some redic s*** with 2 mins left. Glad the rangers won. Beautiful OT goal. Great job overcoming adversity

He smashed his stick over the crossbar and then threw the broken stick across the ice. You expect no call to be made there?

He smashed his stick over the crossbar and then threw the broken stick across the ice. You expect no call to be made there?

Well, yes, because it was against the Rangers. Not if it was against Pittsburgh... :P

There was alot of good games last night. St.louis got ran by the Av's 6-3, but the game of the night has to be the Ranger and Pens game, it was intense. I'm loving how the Rangers have been playing. Lundgvist (sp?) has been incredible, I remember him against the Hawks alittle bit ago, dude threw up a brick wall.

There was alot of good games last night. St.louis got ran by the Av's 6-3, but the game of the night has to be the Ranger and Pens game, it was intense. I'm loving how the Rangers have been playing. Lundgvist (sp?) has been incredible, I remember him against the Hawks alittle bit ago, dude threw up a brick wall.

They're even playing well at home, which hasn't happened in a few years.

Guest Heaten

Yes. I lol @ him. In the YT video on page one you can see a kid (like 10 yrs old) walk down to the glass and start punching the glass multiple times (while it looks like he's crying - face all red). It's kinda of funny seeing how pissed off the Pittsburgh fans are.

And they feel like they been cheated by the refs because the refs missed two calls after giving them 6 power plays (after reading the thread on the main board - now locked), it's a huge pissing match.

Yes. I lol @ him. In the YT video on page one you can see a kid (like 10 yrs old) walk down to the glass and start punching the glass multiple times (while it looks like he's crying - face all red). It's kinda of funny seeing how pissed off the Pittsburgh fans are.

And they feel like they been cheated by the refs because the refs missed two calls after giving them 6 power plays (after reading the thread on the main board - now locked), it's a huge pissing match.

That's something I lol'd at, watching all the pissy Penguin fans banging on the glass and giving the middle finger. Hilarious.

Not if you are a pens fan. I watched the game, the last 3 minutes was pretty intense. Emotional for Pens fans, their tears taste so good. Pens couldn't score for 57 minutes of the game in a 1-0 game, fans were getting impatient and restless, especially when pens couldn't convert on their trillion gifted power plays by the refs. After the 5th penalty ended Kunitz scored. 30 seconds later they get a rush and score again. And the crowed exploded! The new arena went nuts with excitement and the fans were in heaven that their team was a 1:46 minutes from winning the game. Lundqvist got pissed off and cracked his stick over the goal and tossed it across the ice and refs called a 'unsportsman' penalty against the goalie. Pens thought this game was in the bag.

Then BOOM, around the dying minute of the game Mark Staal scored a beauty against MAF... and the arena deflated. Rangers scored a shorty in the dying minutes to tie the game.

In OT Rangers scored another beauty (as seen in the YT videos above). It was a gutsy win by Rangers and a complete failure by the Penguins. HF boards had a thread on it but it was locked because the Pens fans are crying (saying Rangers didn't deserve the win, and refs missed two important calls against the Rangers, and Rangers cheat and blah, blah, blah). Ranger fans were making fun of them so mods had to lock the thread after 20 pages.

I really, REALLY appreciate Hockeytown starting this thread and your description, Heaten. I'm still smiling. PEE on the Pens. :P