27 replies to this topic

#1 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

http://spectorshocke...on-ville-leino/

Leino could command 3 Million come next season. What an interesting development for the former whipping boy

My wish: A healthy roster

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

Should've posted this on his previous thread. But on topic, I honestly don't see him getting that much from anyone but philly.

Edited by evilzyme, 16 November 2010 - 10:45 AM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 Kronthewall55

Kronthewall55

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

and he will probably ask for four. This guy has the "sameulsson" over exaggerated idea of self worth written all over him.

#4 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

If he keeps up what he's doing this season, he deserves $3mil a year. 15 points in 17 games after breaking a franchise rookie scoring record for the Flyers last season in the playoffs.

Posted Image

#5 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

and he will probably ask for four. This guy has the "sameulsson" over exaggerated idea of self worth written all over him.

Why? He waswilling to spend a lot of time in Grand Rapids for us, which meant got less then he would have if he had gone to a different team that first year. Also, it must have been hard to take considering he was the second leading scorer in the Finish league the year previous. To me he has seemed nothing other than a humble, hard-working guy.

#6 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Why? He waswilling to spend a lot of time in Grand Rapids for us, which meant got less then he would have if he had gone to a different team that first year. Also, it must have been hard to take considering he was the second leading scorer in the Finish league the year previous. To me he has seemed nothing other than a humble, hard-working guy.

umm... He gave an ultimatum saying he didn't want to stay in the AHL after 1 season. That's not a lot of time.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#7 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

Leino @ 3M... no thanks!

#8 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hopefully he signs with Philly. He's probably going to take whatever Philly offers him which will be AROUND 3 million. Can't really see him asking for more than that though. Actually thinking about it now, AROUND 3 million sounds outrageous for Leino. Philly might not be able to keep him after all, depends if GM Holmgren makes any moves or not. 1.8 million for cap space next season is not a lot.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 16 November 2010 - 02:33 PM.

#9 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

They were talking about how Giroux and Carter's recent contracts and how Leino's definitely motivated to cash in.

#10 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

I think $3 million is a bold prediction. He hasn't even played a full season with them yet. But I am glad Leino is doing well for them.

#11 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

I think $3 million is a bold prediction. He hasn't even played a full season with them yet. But I am glad Leino is doing well for them.

He is certainly putting up great numbers with them and fits nice on their team, i'm sure you won't be glad when they potentially meet the wings in the final and kill us...(yeah philly is the greatest team in the east by far)

#12 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

Thank you. I'm thrilled Sammy walked, seriously. Thought he was way overvalued.

umm... He gave an ultimatum saying he didn't want to stay in the AHL after 1 season. That's not a lot of time.

At his skill level and likely other options, he was most likely entitled to that statement.

#13 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

He is certainly putting up great numbers with them and fits nice on their team, i'm sure you won't be glad when they potentially meet the wings in the final and kill us...(yeah philly is the greatest team in the east by far)

*IF* they meet in the finals, Flyers aren't going to "kill us". No doubt Flyers are a good team, but so are the Red Wings. It'll be a battle.

#14 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

*IF* they meet in the finals, Flyers aren't going to "kill us". No doubt Flyers are a good team, but so are the Red Wings. It'll be a battle.

Yeah for sure, i'm not throwing in the towel just saying you shouldn't be so glad for him doing good because there's a chance wings will meet flyers in the final :D

Maybe more like "glad he is doing good just not against the wings" :hehe: :thumbup:

#15 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

If Leino is smart, he'll take what Philly offers. I'm sure they will make a decent offer. He's found utopia in Philly. He's be a fool to walk away over money. Unless the amount they offer is insultingly low.

#16 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

Leino probably wants to cash in, too, i think, he's 27 now and a few years of prime.. gotta get that $$$$$$$

Edited by mindfly, 16 November 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#17 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

Leino probably wants to cash in, too, i think, he's 27 now and a few years of prime.. gotta get that $$$$$$$

Thought thats what the KHL was for... :ph34r:

#18 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Thank you. I'm thrilled Sammy walked, seriously. Thought he was way overvalued.

At his skill level and likely other options, he was most likely entitled to that statement.

I rather have Sammy at $2.5M than Hudler at $2.8M

#19 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Flyers fans absolutely love this guy,they've started to call him "Philly Leino." Anyone who thinks he's not worth $3 mil has not been watching Flyers games. Flyers look real good, they may have even found a goalie.

#20 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

But but but we shouldn't have traded him when his trade value wasn't worth anything!!!! What the hell was management thinking?!?! :ph34r:

Just getting that out of the way, you know there's probably going to be one or two of those in a Ville Leino thread.