• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Spongewingredpants

Ville Leino

Rate this topic

and he will probably ask for four. This guy has the "sameulsson" over exaggerated idea of self worth written all over him.

Why? He waswilling to spend a lot of time in Grand Rapids for us, which meant got less then he would have if he had gone to a different team that first year. Also, it must have been hard to take considering he was the second leading scorer in the Finish league the year previous. To me he has seemed nothing other than a humble, hard-working guy.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Why? He waswilling to spend a lot of time in Grand Rapids for us, which meant got less then he would have if he had gone to a different team that first year. Also, it must have been hard to take considering he was the second leading scorer in the Finish league the year previous. To me he has seemed nothing other than a humble, hard-working guy.

umm... He gave an ultimatum saying he didn't want to stay in the AHL after 1 season. That's not a lot of time.

Hopefully he signs with Philly. He's probably going to take whatever Philly offers him which will be AROUND 3 million. Can't really see him asking for more than that though. Actually thinking about it now, AROUND 3 million sounds outrageous for Leino. Philly might not be able to keep him after all, depends if GM Holmgren makes any moves or not. 1.8 million for cap space next season is not a lot.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Heaten

I think $3 million is a bold prediction. He hasn't even played a full season with them yet. But I am glad Leino is doing well for them.

Guest mindfly

I think $3 million is a bold prediction. He hasn't even played a full season with them yet. But I am glad Leino is doing well for them.

He is certainly putting up great numbers with them and fits nice on their team, i'm sure you won't be glad when they potentially meet the wings in the final and kill us...(yeah philly is the greatest team in the east by far)

and he will probably ask for four. This guy has the "sameulsson" over exaggerated idea of self worth written all over him.

Thank you. I'm thrilled Sammy walked, seriously. Thought he was way overvalued.

umm... He gave an ultimatum saying he didn't want to stay in the AHL after 1 season. That's not a lot of time.

At his skill level and likely other options, he was most likely entitled to that statement.

Guest Heaten

He is certainly putting up great numbers with them and fits nice on their team, i'm sure you won't be glad when they potentially meet the wings in the final and kill us...(yeah philly is the greatest team in the east by far)

*IF* they meet in the finals, Flyers aren't going to "kill us". No doubt Flyers are a good team, but so are the Red Wings. It'll be a battle.

Guest mindfly

*IF* they meet in the finals, Flyers aren't going to "kill us". No doubt Flyers are a good team, but so are the Red Wings. It'll be a battle.

Yeah for sure, i'm not throwing in the towel just saying you shouldn't be so glad for him doing good because there's a chance wings will meet flyers in the final :D

Maybe more like "glad he is doing good just not against the wings" :hehe::thumbup:

Guest mindfly

Leino probably wants to cash in, too, i think, he's 27 now and a few years of prime.. gotta get that $$$$$$$

Edited by mindfly

Flyers fans absolutely love this guy,they've started to call him "Philly Leino." Anyone who thinks he's not worth $3 mil has not been watching Flyers games. Flyers look real good, they may have even found a goalie.

But but but we shouldn't have traded him when his trade value wasn't worth anything!!!! What the hell was management thinking?!?! :ph34r:

Just getting that out of the way, you know there's probably going to be one or two of those in a Ville Leino thread.

Leino for the most part looks very good ever since he left the wings. dont exactly know why but he does. Maybe east is smaller, slower, and weaker lol

Still sucks defensively and is slow but hes doing great offensively very smart plays. Maybe he only looks good cause briere got hot.

He could get 3 mil for sure.

Leino for the most part looks very good ever since he left the wings. dont exactly know why but he does. Maybe east is smaller, slower, and weaker lol

Still sucks defensively and is slow but hes doing great offensively very smart plays. Maybe he only looks good cause briere got hot.

Wings are pretty specific about what they expect out of their younger players... it's two-way or the highway. Ville found a perfect fit.

The funny thing is, Flyers fan's exclaim about how great he is at Defense.

The line he plays on helps him succeed and the chemistry of that line clicked right away which is why he is being so productive. He had pressure here to succeed and at the Flyers there was no pressure, which is why he flourished, which says somehting about his ability to handle pressure...

Guest Crymson

You mean the guy who refused to play a defensive game and constantly quit on plays? He's not hardworking. Even with the Flyers, he lets Briere and Hartnell do most of the work when he's on the ice.

If Leino is smart, he'll take what Philly offers. I'm sure they will make a decent offer. He's found utopia in Philly. He's be a fool to walk away over money. Unless the amount they offer is insultingly low.

Agreed, he's found his niche in Philly, he'd be absolutely mad to walk away just to get a few extra $'s.