• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

Leino for the most part looks very good ever since he left the wings. dont exactly know why but he does. Maybe east is smaller, slower, and weaker lol
Still sucks defensively and is slow but hes doing great offensively very smart plays. Maybe he only looks good cause briere got hot.
He could get 3 mil for sure.

#22 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Leino for the most part looks very good ever since he left the wings. dont exactly know why but he does. Maybe east is smaller, slower, and weaker lol
Still sucks defensively and is slow but hes doing great offensively very smart plays. Maybe he only looks good cause briere got hot.

Wings are pretty specific about what they expect out of their younger players... it's two-way or the highway. Ville found a perfect fit.

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

The funny thing is, Flyers fan's exclaim about how great he is at Defense.

The line he plays on helps him succeed and the chemistry of that line clicked right away which is why he is being so productive. He had pressure here to succeed and at the Flyers there was no pressure, which is why he flourished, which says somehting about his ability to handle pressure...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Why? He waswilling to spend a lot of time in Grand Rapids for us, which meant got less then he would have if he had gone to a different team that first year. Also, it must have been hard to take considering he was the second leading scorer in the Finish league the year previous. To me he has seemed nothing other than a humble, hard-working guy.

You mean the guy who refused to play a defensive game and constantly quit on plays? He's not hardworking. Even with the Flyers, he lets Briere and Hartnell do most of the work when he's on the ice.

#25 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

If Leino is smart, he'll take what Philly offers. I'm sure they will make a decent offer. He's found utopia in Philly. He's be a fool to walk away over money. Unless the amount they offer is insultingly low.

Agreed, he's found his niche in Philly, he'd be absolutely mad to walk away just to get a few extra $'s.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#26 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:56 AM

Is Ville really that good or is it the players around him who make him that good?

All I know is that he was almost non-existent in the game against Montreal last night (of course no Flyers play scored in that game, but others played showed up last night).
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#27 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

umm... He gave an ultimatum saying he didn't want to stay in the AHL after 1 season. That's not a lot of time.

For guy of his skill level and age 1 season in the AHL is a lot of time. Remember Babcock's statement that Leino was the best player he'd ever sent to the minors.

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

For guy of his skill level and age 1 season in the AHL is a lot of time. Remember Babcock's statement that Leino was the best player he'd ever sent to the minors.

He also said the same thing about Helm...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".