• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Get Rid of Mickey

Interesting Stat

Rate this topic

While I was looking at the standings for this year the other day, I came across a really interesting stat. Out of the top 5 teams in the West, Detroit is the only team to have not played any teams from the Eastern Conference, while the other teams have all played 5-7 games against what many to believe is a much inferior Eastern Conference. Here are the records.

1. LA : 24 pts : 5-0-0 against Eastern Conference

2. Det : 23 pts : 0-0-0 against Eastern Conference

3. Van : 23 pts : 5-1-1 against Eastern Conference

4. Anh : 22 pts : 4-1-1 against Eastern Conference

5. Stl : 21 pts : 5-0-0 against Eastern Conference

What does this mean? Well, it could mean absolutely nothing, but what I want it to mean is that Detroit is getting the more quality wins right now against the opponents that really matter, while the other teams are beating up on the other conference and playing mediocre hockey against teams from their division/conference.

Like I said, it could mean nothing, but I thought it was interesting enough to at least point out.

I like what you dug up, but i hope your name isnt to rid Mickey Redmond. I don't think i'd end up liking you then!

I would also like to see who each team played against the eastern conference. As much as the conference is looked at as a complete joke they still have their top 4-5 powerhouses.

We are almost in first and we haven't played the East yet? Easily sailing from here on out boys :sly:

Anyone have the stats from last year, or two years ago, for Detroit's record against teams from the East?

I thought their record against the West was better than vs the East.

Vs East

09-10: 9-6-3 , 21 points out of 36 - 58.3%

08-09: 12-5-1, 25 points out of 36 - 69.4%

07-08: 7-2-1 , 15 points out of 20 - 75.0%

Vs West

09-10: 35-18-11, 81 points out of 128 - 63.3%

08-09: 39-16-9 , 97 points out of 128 - 75.8%

07-08: 47-19-6 , 100 points out of 144 - 69.4%

Edited by Konnan511

Interesting bit of scheduling, maybe, but I don't know that you can glean much about the strength of competition faced when the Wings are racking up wins against "quality" Western teams like the Oil or Flames, as opposed to the lowly Caps or Flyers.

But as long as we're talking about stats, here is far and away my favorite one at the moment.

I didn't notice...we've only played Pheonix and Edmonton all year, right?

Lol, feels like it.

Interesting that Detroit hasn't played the East yet. I didn't look it up, but do we start playing the East at home or away I wonder. Guess it doesn't matter. Being on the far East side of the Western Conference, playing in our own conference requires a lot of travel. I mean California has three teams, Arizona is practically California, and the Canadian teams are halfway out in the boonies too.

I get the feeling when we start playing the East teams, our schedule will actually be easier. Boston and Florida require a hell of a lot less travel than California. I wonder how that will factor into it.

I expect a lot of W's when we play the Eastern teams, honestly.

It's also interesting if you look at it this way:

St Louis 5-0-0 vs East

4-4-3 vs West

Columbus 3-0-0 vs East

6-6-0 vs West

LA Kings 5-0-0 vs East

7-4-0 vs West

Dallas 5-1-0 vs East

3-6-0 vs West

Detroit 11-3-1 vs West

Note: Only 4 Eastern teams are over .500 when playing against the West.

St Louis 5-0-0 vs East

4-4-3 vs West

Columbus 3-0-0 vs East

6-6-0 vs West

LA Kings 5-0-0 vs East

7-4-0 vs West

Dallas 5-1-0 vs East

3-6-0 vs West

Detroit 11-3-1 vs West

St Louis 5-0-0 vs East

4-4-3 vs West

Columbus 3-0-0 vs East

6-6-0 vs West

LA Kings 5-0-0 vs East

7-4-0 vs West

Dallas 5-1-0 vs East

3-6-0 vs West

Detroit 11-3-1 vs West

St Louis 5-0-0 vs East

4-4-3 vs West

Columbus 3-0-0 vs East

6-6-0 vs West

LA Kings 5-0-0 vs East

7-4-0 vs West

Dallas 5-1-0 vs East

3-6-0 vs West

Detroit 11-3-1 vs West

Welcome to germany! :cool:

I live only 100 km away from you!

Last years stats against Eastern teams: 9-6-3

So i hope we will be better this year!

Btw...we have the best "Point Pct"!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLAAAAll&sort=pointPctg&viewName=summary

Lol, feels like it.

Interesting that Detroit hasn't played the East yet. I didn't look it up, but do we start playing the East at home or away I wonder. Guess it doesn't matter. Being on the far East side of the Western Conference, playing in our own conference requires a lot of travel. I mean California has three teams, Arizona is practically California, and the Canadian teams are halfway out in the boonies too.

I get the feeling when we start playing the East teams, our schedule will actually be easier. Boston and Florida require a hell of a lot less travel than California. I wonder how that will factor into it.

I expect a lot of W's when we play the Eastern teams, honestly.

our first game against the east is AT Atlanta.

i will be there.

Teams in the West have been downright dominant when playing those from the East this season, racking up a record of 40-19-9 through Tuesday's games.

Since the end of the lockout, teams from the Western Conference are a combined 580-362-116 against those from the East. On top of that, they've had a winning record in every one of those seasons.

The difference between the conferences was particularly pronounced during 2009-10 season. The Western Conference teams were 155-87-28 against those from the East.

link

Over the past few years the Wings have had the greatest record against elite teams and one of the worst records against bottom-of-the-barrel teams.

Probably a combination of all teams playing 'up' against the Wings and the Wings infuriating habit of playing to the level of their competition.