• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

Easier right now because the team is bad. Can usually walk up to the box office before a game and get a pair of seats. Usually a few hundred seats available before a game.

But season tickets are impossible. People won't give up season tickets that have been in their family since 1932 because they know they will never get them back. Same with the corporations. They'll never see those tickets again, so they won't cancel them.

The team doesn't even acknowledge season tickets on their website or the waiting list.

Tickets are only the beginning too. Buy a Pizza and a Beer at the ACC and tell me how your wallet feels afterwards. :lol:

Nevermind the fact that parking alone can cost more than a Coyotes game. :P

Edited by puffy

Guest mindfly

Is it impossible to sneak in a bottle or two over there? i dont remember anything like that down in tampa and ft.lauderdale when i was there

Edited by mindfly

As long as Brian Burke is there I hope they continue to wallow in mediocrity and miss the playoffs year after year.

I can't help but think Burke is doing a good job there. I want to think he is but I don't know. I would to see the Leafs to a lot better and be a contender instead of this below average team...

Is it impossible to sneak in a bottle or two over there? i dont remember anything like that down in tampa and ft.lauderdale when i was there

It's pretty difficult. I always get sexually harassed at the entrance.

I'd like to think it's because I'm incredibly sexy, but it's probably because I look Romanian and we are known to smuggle booze into church.

It's pretty difficult. I always get sexually harassed at the entrance.

I'd like to think it's because I'm incredibly sexy, but it's probably because I look Romanian and we are known to smuggle booze into church.

Don't pretend you don't like it puffy.

The real Leafs fans deserve better. The ones who still passionately follow the team after decades of average-to-terrible coaching, mostly incompetent management, bad trades/signings/drafts, and false hope during the Doug Gilmour and Mats Sundin eras. The young hipsters and corporate types who are just at the ACC to be seen, usually sitting in the lower bowl and staring at their smart phone screens instead of watching the game, don't deserve squat.

The real Leafs fans deserve better. The ones who still passionately follow the team after decades of average-to-terrible coaching, mostly incompetent management, bad trades/signings/drafts, and false hope during the Doug Gilmour and Mats Sundin eras. The young hipsters and corporate types who are just at the ACC to be seen, usually sitting in the lower bowl and staring at their smart phone screens instead of watching the game, don't deserve squat.

This goes for all teams.

I live day in and day out with 4 leaf fans. I feel no pity.

As a Wings fan I am loyal to a fault. Living in Ontario I see maybe 5 games a year on tsn, so more often then not I am forced to suffer through Leafs games with them. I politely keep my mouth shut and don't laugh in their faces when they lose, but when the tables are turned, and the Wings games are on, all I get it s*** from them. So no I don't feel bad for them. I take great pleasure out of silently watching them struggle through their season and ultimately missing playoffs while the Wings slide through.

Here's to another season of losses for them, and another roster on Lord Stanley for us :)

From TSN:

There are no plans for drastic change in Toronto, including the firing of head coach Ron Wilson.

"No coaching change," said Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke via e-mail, no doubt frustrated by his team's play and the predictable line of questioning that inevitably follows each Leafs' loss.

asnarski

11 mins ago

Lebda still has no points, and is a -11. Can someone explain to me why they signed him for 2x as much as he was getting paid in Detroit?

I think Burke should be fired, not Wilson. Wilson can only use what he's given. All he can realistically do is just roll over the lines and let everyone play.

Burke put the team together, and there's no future at all! Boston is going to get the 2nd overall pick again at least! It's just a matter of time before Kessel get's booed out of Toronto.

FYI, the Bruins are in Toronto Saturday night, this could get even more interesting! Watch Seguin score a couple goals, and Rask get a SHO!