• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

How bout' us loyal Lions fanz? I know i get a great hockey team year in and year out but I'd trade 1 bad year by the Wings for just 1 9-7 or even 8-8 record and maybe even a playoff appearance for my Lions. BRING back Wayne Fontes (aka Rasputin) !!!!

How bout' us loyal Lions fanz? I know i get a great hockey team year in and year out but I'd trade 1 bad year by the Wings for just 1 9-7 or even 8-8 record and maybe even a playoff appearance for my Lions. BRING back Wayne Fontes (aka Rasputin) !!!!

I would only trade a bad Wings season for a Superbowl win. Otherwise I'd just get my hopes up and be frustrated like in the Sanders years and sometimes in the Sims years.

But yeah- Bring Back Fontes!!!

I would only trade a bad Wings season for a Superbowl win. Otherwise I'd just get my hopes up and be frustrated like in the Sanders years and sometimes in the Sims years.

Even better, the Lions get their crap together on their own!

I'll drink the kool-aid, I think the Tigers are going to win the AL Central.

My friend in Toronto says most of the tickets are bought up by the corporations and used to entertain clients. He says the group that owns the Leafs only thinks of the franchise as an investment, and as long as the tickets sell they don't really care about winning.

As much as I hated the leafs in the 80s and 90s I feel sorry for the fans. Celebrating 4 Stanley Cups eases the hate.

I do not feel sorry for them whatsoever. Suffer, suffer, suffer and then suffer through some more losing seasons leafblowers. It's karma, pure and simple, they are ALWAYS overhyped, shoved down our throats here in Canada, and have made the most horrific hockey decisions in the NHL. They've made their bed of s***, now they can lie in it and enjoy the smell.

But Wayne Fontes was a terrible coach! He only let the team to three playoff appearances, two division titles and one conference championship game in his eight year tenure. That's unthinkable compared to the zero playoff appearances and only two winning seasons in the 14 finished seasons since he left, including the winless season, three seasons with two wins, two seasons with three wins, and only two playoff appearances.

But Wayne Fontes was a terrible coach! He only let the team to three playoff appearances, two division titles and one conference championship game in his eight year tenure. That's unthinkable compared to the zero playoff appearances and only two winning seasons in the 14 finished seasons since he left, including the winless season, three seasons with two wins, two seasons with three wins, and only two playoff appearances.

True, Fontes wasn't great but I met him once when he was working for the Bucs and he is the nicest guy and a players coach. I mean, I'll take 8 and 8 any day over what has happened since. I do like the direction we are headed with Schwartz, if our Qb can stay healthy we might have something.

:blink:

maybe you meant zero playoff wins for the first one? i agree with your point in any case.

also, not that i mind, but i love how this had turned in to a lions thread. :D

Edited by stormboy

Pronger - "Who brings a waffle to the game?"

What do the waffles even mean?

I was wondering about the significance of the waffles myself. I know that outside of North America waffle can be used to describe babbling. Wikipedia says it can also refer to a politician switching sides on issues and indecision in general. I'm not sure any of those really apply to the Leafs, but I will leave with some advice for the team: "The Waffles are a trap..."

That would be what is known as a win/win situation; Leafs win the Cup - *poof* no more Leafs fans. :)

Yeah, that really worked for Chicago, didn't it? <_<

Times didn't get better until there was a change in ownership.

Yeah but who wants to wait 49 years to win 1 cup and then the following year go back to being mediocre.

Toronto fans are the worst, so I don't feel sorry for them at all. All they do is chirp if they see you wearing a team other than the Leafs, you can't even have a serious conversation with them. I remember going to the bar for Game 7 in the 09 Finals and all the Leaf fans there used tape and put the name Crosby all over there leaf jerseys and constantly bickered about the Wings getting easy runs to the Cup lol. I think its like majority of the fans in the NHL, they envy Detroit for there success in the last 20 years for the most recent. Any Wing fan in Ontario can probably tell you the same thing, and you think there loyal but really hate the team and want to trade everyone on it when they start losing.