• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

"If the Leafs fall in the Norris does anybody care?"

Well, as much as I don't like the Leafs, the truth is that they have a thread on a Detroit Red Wings board with 18 pages long ... because of the love them or hate them nature of the Leafs, people care.

burke hung up during a radio interview

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389625 today:

When host John Moore of Toronto's News Talk 1010 asked Burke he felt he was 'close to the door,' the NHL executive went on the defensive."I wish you'd told me before you asked me to do this interview that that was going to be your last question," Burke said. "A nice little cheap shot before you get off the air."

When Moore persisted and re-asked his question, Burke was short with his response. "No, I don't [worry about getting dismissed]," Burke said just moments before hanging up. "I think it's an ignorant question, and a gutless one, too."

Surely the gutless thing to do would be to NOT ask the question? His reaction just reinforces everything I think about Burke - he likes to project this tough-guy persona, when he's actually a pouty prima-donna.

Surely the gutless thing to do would be to NOT ask the question? His reaction just reinforces everything I think about Burke - he likes to project this tough-guy persona, when he's actually a pouty prima-donna.

Burke is a drama queen and I have a suspicion if the Leafs don't make the playoff he is going to bolt and get the hell out of there.

He can't handle the media pressure.

It was a douchey question by the interviewer. I don't blame Burke for his response.

He's going to miss the playoffs for the 4th straight season. Any coach, or any GM, in any sport, in that situation has to be prepared to be asked if they're worried they're going to lose their job.

Talk today on TSN Radio in Toronto was that Burke's rebuild has failed. I agree... That must a horrible feeling as a fan, Burke has been there 4 years, and they still don't have a piece or two to build around. Plus Seguin scored two goals against them last night.

Ray Ferarro was on and the host, Bryan Hayes, asked him how many players the Leafs are away from contending. Ray said 4, a 1st line center, a big winger, a front line D, and a goalie... That's 3 or 4 years of work for a GM! What's Burke been doing the last 4 years?

I seriously wonder if I'm the only one living in the Toronto area who's frustrated with the Leafs, and I can't stand them! Figure that one out! :lol:

Guest Hatethedrake!

Here is Brian Burke in his former life during the Civil War...

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I think Burke has actually done a pretty decent job in their rebuild. When he arrived, they had next to nothing.

what exactly do they have now?

decent starting goalie? nope. by far not

good D corps? nope

decent forwards? yep, but it's not like they have prime talent there...

good teamwork in D? absolutely not. their defense is pathetic

good teamwork in front? yes, when it works...

Maple Laughs are a disaster right now. if you recall how Blackhawks or Penguins rebuild process... they at least were on the right path in their 4th year...

It's not word for word, but I posted this on my facebook...

Funny how the Leafs, after killing their chances to make the playoffs AGAIN have now won two in a row. It's probably guaranteed they'll put a good run together here at the end, get everyone excited for next year, but will get another mid-level draft pick. I dedicate this song to them:

I had a reply that said, "Funny how it looks like a Red Wings symbol"

For an American player :hehe:

Or they'll do what their doing now, and win some games.