• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

Only 14 shots at home in a 5-2 loss to the Islanders, 13 SOG in the 8-0 loss to Boston. Guess that coaching change didn't provide the spark that Burke was looking for....

Chants at Air Canada of 'Fire Burke' ... will he respond like he did when they shouted 'Fire Wilson'?

I think the players must have been given the order to tank the rest of the season to move up a bit on the draft.

There was talk on TSN radio today about the "Fire Burke" chant, Pierre Lebrun thinks that Burke has one more year to make the playoffs, or he's gone. If I'm a Leafs fan, that's a scary thought, there goes the #1 pick, and more quick fixes next year. Just fire him now, and rebuild this thing properly.

The sad thing is, the ACC is still sold our every night, and the waiting list for Seasons Tickets is in the thousands... Leaf fans boo because they pay top $$$ to watch them lose. Guys how 'bout doing something else? Toronto's a world class city, with a TON to do.

When the Red Wings went through their 17 year stretch where they only made the playoffs twice, the arena was half empty and they were giving away a car every game. Win or lose, always losing, and the ACC is packed.

What a mess!

I wonder why me, the Red Wings fan, is the one frustrated with the Leafs. I guess since I have a lot of friends who are Leafs fans, I see how much their team takes them for granted, and how stupid my friends are to still financially support the team.

aa290c3e4832886848333139aabe.jpg

Shameless provincial corporate product placement evident.

Post-game fifteen-minute "closed door" meeting called by the captain; no details given as to whether Kessel's on-camera yawning is under control or not.

It would be better if those seats were empty.

Taking into account the complete meltdown the second half of the year, I have to assume Burke will be wheeling guys out of town during the summer. I think he has one more season to put something together, otherwise he will be canned. This isn't the typical in your face team that Brian Burke is known for. Let us recap a little bit and foreshadow possible changes to come over the summer (Because I can't sleep, and frankly, I have nothing else to do at this hour):

-Colby Armstrong: Absolute disaster this season. He's been injured for the majority of the year, but he's been invisible when he is in the lineup. He's been a healthy scratch 11 times this year. 3 points in 27 games this year. I have to think he will be sent somewhere, because he is wasting a roster spot at this point.

-Mike Komisarek: Severely underperformed, considering the cash he is making. He's been a healthy scratch 15 times this year. He was injured for a stretch of more than 20 games earlier this season, as well. Ever since he got to Toronto, it seems Komisarek has struggled. I think after he signed in Toronto in the summer of 2009, the organization was expecting him to take on a larger role on the team, as opposed to the 3rd pairing shut-down guy he was used to being in Montreal. We have seen how that has worked out. I think he could make a decent 3rd pairing defenseman, but nothing more. I have to believe he will be offered as trade bait over the summer, as well.

-Nikolai Kulemin: He's had a disappointing campaign. Coming off last year, where he scored a solid 57 points, his offensive production has dramatically decreased. 28 points, as of right now. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to think Burke may try to package him along with someone else in the pursuit of someone to stick Kessel with.

It will be interesting to see what he does with Jay Rosehill and Joey Crabb, as well. I believe they are both free agents at the end of the year. Knowing Burke, he'll probably make a push for George Parros, which may push Rosehill out of the picture.