• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

817958d240fdab3b1312b5f19023.jpg

Meet Tom Anselmi. He's just been appointed the new president and chief operating officer of MLSE.

While with MLSE, his duties most notably centred abound Toronto FC, a team that has failed to make the playoffs in any of it's first five seasons.

“We all feel the pressure to win. It’s all about team success. That is our priority,” said Anselmi. “This town, when we start winning, it’s going to be amazing.”

As you can see from the photo, he also controls Brian Burke's future.

How the Leafs are being managed is a disgrace. This should not happen to ANY Original Six team. I'd much rather hate the Leafs for being a worthy opponent to the Wings, especially in the context of hockey history. Now, we all just look at them with pity.

A second GTA team would solve this quickly.

I think what the Leafs really need is a way better GM. Brian Burke is using this club since his arrival for his stupid political or loyalist whatever agenda and especially self-promotion. Sometimes I am really wondering if he didn't have a microphone while growing up?

Ron Wilson - his first star....fired

Francois Allaire - according to him the best goalie coach on the planet...fired

next one? hopefully B rian Burke

The fans and especially some of their players (Lupul, Kessel and Phaneuf) deserve a better GM. I am also sure Rogers and Bell won't be too happy paying him 2 m bucks annually without making the playoffs, so this is going to be his put up or shut up year.

Edited by frankgrimes

If Nazem Kadri is serious about a career in hockey, he’d better get serious about his diet.

So says Dallas Eakins, head coach of the Toronto Marlies, who left the Maple Leafs first-round pick and the rest of his charges gasping for air after a litany of fitness tests on Friday.

“The one thing Kadri has to improve is his eating habits,” said Eakins. “His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp. That’s unacceptable.

“That’s the easiest part coming into camp is eating correctly and training correctly. I think he’s probably improved a little bit on the ice. His diet is not where it should be.”

Some "fans" will do almost anything: from Toronto Star:

An Ontario lawyer is now the proud owner of a toilet from the

Toronto Maple Leafs’ former dressing room.

Jim Vigmond, of Barrie, Ont., bought the unusual item for $5,300 at auction after the piece he really wanted — the 1967 Stanley Cup banner — got too expensive. The toilet was offered up along with more than 100 items from Maple Leaf Gardens, which was home to the NHL team until 1999.

Edited by cusimano_brothers