• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

“I’m not making any comments on goaltenders, thanks to you guys,”

I'm not really that well versed in "Leafspeak", so I'm not sure if this is

A) an admission of guilt by Carlyle after his comments about Reimer last week or

B) his way of shifting blame onto the media for all of his team's problems.

Drew MacIntyre: the next "great" goaltender in Toronto?

A) an admission of guilt by Carlyle after his comments about Reimer last week or

I think he got "in trouble" from one of the many egos at MLSE.

Latest on the possibility that the Leafs' brass are talking about using a regular buy out on Clarkson in the off season:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-will-the-maple-leafs-buy-out-david-clarkson/

Still the worst signing of this past off season imo, yes even worse than Weiss for all of you who rail against that one.

After reading about how leafs fans are going after their players really members and wifes I am going to say screw them they deserve it. If some couch potatoes think this kind of stuff is OK all i can say is get your priorities straight.

And yet these people are wondering why most players don't want to play that fishbowl.

By far the biggest but also the most bipolar base in the NHL.

What lost my respect for the Leafs was during 24/7, their team song they play after wins or to motivate them is Miley Cyrus We Can't Stop. Seriously? Gag.

Carlyle joked about it, that he's hard rock guy, Ozzy and Black Sabbath lol.

But really, Miley Cyrus as your team song? You deserve to lose in a proper way just on principle alone.

Stay classy Leafs...

miley-vera.jpg

What lost my respect for the Leafs was during 24/7, their team song they play after wins or to motivate them is Miley Cyrus We Can't Stop. Seriously? Gag.

Carlyle joked about it, that he's hard rock guy, Ozzy and Black Sabbath lol.

But really, Miley Cyrus as your team song? You deserve to lose in a proper way just on principle alone.

Stay classy Leafs...

Colton Orr and McLaren like it so if players are having a problem with the song they can talk to those two...was a quote from Bozak

Latest on the possibility that the Leafs' brass are talking about using a regular buy out on Clarkson in the off season

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-will-the-maple-leafs-buy-out-david-clarkson/

Remember when Wings fans were screaming because we didn't go after Clarkson? Remember that?

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Latest on the possibility that the Leafs' brass are talking about using a regular buy out on Clarkson in the off season

Remember when Wings fans were screaming because we didn't go after Clarkson? Remember that?

If it were up to a lot of the fans here we'd be stuck with Clarkson and Brunner right now for a combined total of 7.5 million plus. I recall a couple posters claiming it was an "epic fail" not bringing Brunner back and signing Alfredsson instead. Granted down the stretch Alfredsson has underwhelmed but he's been a lot more productive overall than Brunner regardless.

C) both. Carlyle is a limited, old school coach who unfairly threw his goalie under the bus. But the media in general, and the Toronto media in particular, are lying , hypocritical asshats who essentially force people down the road of meaningless soundbites.

If it were up to a lot of the fans here we'd be stuck with Clarkson and Brunner right now for a combined total of 7.5 million plus. I recall a couple posters claiming it was an "epic fail" not bringing Brunner back and signing Alfredsson instead. Granted down the stretch Alfredsson has underwhelmed but he's been a lot more productive overall than Brunner regardless.

I've been seeing on twitter a lot the last few days that Alfie has been playing with a broken pinky and/or ring finger. Would explain his lack of ice time and production.

Early on this season, when all was well and the standings painted a bright and rosy picture for "Leafs Nation", the players bought into to "The Carlyle Way". Something seems to have happened recently, almost as if some aren't drinking Kool-Aid from the same trough.

Did Leiweke's directions for the "Cup Parade" have a "Best Before" date on them?

Ron Wilson, where are you when you're really needed?