• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

Shows their commitment both are already talked about as phenoms and they still keep working hard and adding muscle. When I've made my point a very important one got lost (intentionally?): given where this team is and what the needs are. I believe a power-forward is needed and while it's true players will put on mass a guy who is already 190 lbs + will still do the same and maybe turn into another Lucic, Bertuzzi..I'm sure teams like the Blues or LA would have other priorities because their teams are already at an average 200 lbs + level.

I also don't know why the concept of drafting a Michigan boy is questioned identification plays a huge part in fandom, so if the kid has the talent and may be only a bit worse than someone else drafting him makes sense in a lot of ways.

Anyway back to topic Siegel has mentioned the Wings here ( http://www.tsn.ca/shanahan-should-emulate-wings-in-rebuild-1.208987). I know, the new TSN layout sucks but I still haven't found a better site for hockey-news which is very unfortunate.

Back when the Leafs drafted Schenn he sadly is the perfect example of ill-advise and rushing him. Kid came in with great size and was a bruising well playing force then their management wanted him to put on too much muscle too quickly so he lost a stepped and never has been able to play and hit like he used to, which is sad.

But this article doesn't mention something very important overcooking can also lead to players wanting out, thanks god Tatar and Nyquist had the patience but not everyone will.

lol Who are all these guys that "wanted out" that you deem so valuable?

Edited by Son of a Wing

I'm not sure any Toronto Maple Leaf should be speaking in the diminutive about any other group of people. Being a Maple Leaf is about as low as it gets. You're about one rung up the ladder from the guy who mops the floors at a sperm bank.

Edited by kipwinger

I'm not sure any Toronto Maple Leafs should be speaking in the diminutive about any other group of people. Being a Maple Leaf is about as low as it gets. You're about one rung up the ladder from the guy who mops the floors at a sperm bank.

Sounds about right, I'd say They're about on the same level as the guy who un-sticks the pages of their magazines. Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

I'm not sure any Toronto Maple Leaf should be speaking in the diminutive about any other group of people. Being a Maple Leaf is about as low as it gets. You're about one rung up the ladder from the guy who mops the floors at a sperm bank.

From now on when people aren't working hard enough or aren't tough enough I'll refer to them as Maple Leafs.

From now on when people aren't working hard enough or aren't tough enough I'll refer to them as Maple Leafs.

My niece is throwing a temper tantrum, I told her to stop throwing a maple leaf.

Let's get this around, anything bad just call it a maple leaf.

Car breaks down, it pulled a maple leaf.

Person you don't like, they're a real maple leaf.

It'll be awesome if it gains traction and gets around to Toronto fans, I just wanna see them throwing fits about it.

:lol:

What's worse right now Maple Leafs or Oilers? Oilers fan throws jersey on ice, celebrates and a fight breaks out in the stands.

At least Edmonton has known they're bad and give their star players some semblance of peace,Toronto wins two in a row and their fans are talking down to every other fan base planning their parade.

I'll say Toronto's worse, simply because of the way the media treats their best good player, and for the sh**storm they create.

Toronto fans also regularly throw jerseys on the ice.

A few times during play.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

If anybody here is an active reddit user, you should totally make referring to bad things as going maple leaf a forum or sub forum or whatever.

And for the socialmedia addicts, if you don't start making this a thing it'll be totally mapleleaf.

I really want this to spread around.

It would make my year every year until they win a cup... if they dont before I die, it will have made my life meaningful knowing I was there at its creation.

Ha

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Wow, take that, girls.

Lol. They've been acting like sad sacks all year, maybe acting like a girl to him means being tough as nails and carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders while you do what needs to be done.

In which case I'm glad we have so many "girls" on our team.

Biggest joke of this whole thing is that Rielly actually had to apologize for it...Don't like what he has to say don't read it and move on.

Man the media in Toronto really has to make a story out of everything

What if he said "Red wings fans are poop"? Am I just supposed to not read it and move on simply bc I don't like it?

Biggest joke of this whole thing is that Rielly actually had to apologize for it...Don't like what he has to say don't read it and move on.

Everyone.

Not just Toronto has to be politically correct.

And he's a sports figure.

I would hope they made him apologize.

People need to start thinking about what they say before they say it.

If I had a little girl who was into hockey and one of her sports icons said this, I would be pissed that she's being belittled and talked down to by some random dou***bag.

He had to apologize because the feminists in Toronto were not happy with his remarks. They had a couple groups on radio stations in Toronto complaining about it. Had nothing to do with the Hockey media.

Everyone.

Not just Toronto has to be politically correct.

And he's a sports figure.

I would hope they made him apologize.

People need to start thinking about what they say before they say it.

If I had a little girl who was into hockey and one of her sports icons said this, I would be pissed that she's being belittled and talked down to by some random dou***bag.

Why should "everyone" just because some people who are offended by almost everything want to impose some dictationship like rules ? I'm not getting into politics here because I hate them and this is a sports forum...but I guess some people would be surprised by the amount ot trash talking that's happens during games.

Guess what be pissed about and tell your little girl to find another icon if it's such a big deal for you as a dad I mean there are 700 NHL players can't be that hard. People these days want all the information but some for sure can't handle it it seems.

It's exactly stuff like this why Toronto is having such a hardtime attracting free agents (despite some other shortcoming of course) but seriously they're making a big deal out of pretty much every non hockey related stuff i.e Bernier not knowing who Mandela is, Phaneuf not wearing an "official Leafs cap post game" and now this...I'm sure the players are frustrated enough already cut them some slack and let them focus on what's really important ...their job: hockey.

He had to apologize because the feminists in Toronto were not happy with his remarks. They had a couple groups on radio stations in Toronto complaining about it. Had nothing to do with the Hockey media.

I'd say let them complain then if they have nothing better to do it's their life if they want to waste it on such useless stuff go ahead :)

Edited by frankgrimes