• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

People get offended over anything in todays ultra 'pc' society we live in.

That said - wonder Rielly will be on the trading block.

I don't think anybody's calling for Reilly's head. It's pretty much universally acknowledged that he's a young kid who made a mistake and said something stupid that you shouldn't say anymore. I thought, however, that it was also universally acknowledged that you shouldn't use large groups of people (women, homosexuals, black people, Irish, etc.) as a pejorative. And that when you do, people will be offended. Not "easily" offended, mind you. But justifiably offended.

I mean, that's reasonable right? To expect that your gender, skin color, religious preferences, etc. won't be consistently used as an insult by people in public.

Edited by kipwinger

I mean, that's reasonable right? To expect that your gender, skin color, religious preferences, etc. won't be consistently used as an insult by people in public.

It's only reasonable to reasonable people.

This overly PC world is still a much better place to live than the previous one.

That said I agree nobody is calling for his head, I've said worse when I was young and some latitude of understand is appropriate.

It's only reasonable to reasonable people.

This overly PC world is still a much better place to live than the previous one.

That said I agree nobody is calling for his head, I've said worse when I was young and some latitude of understand is appropriate.

For everybody except those who formerly felt entitled to degrade and undermine those they found "lesser". They long for the days when they could say whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, and nobody would object. Because heaven forbid people universally condemn these idiots. That's "overly PC".

Not that we have any of those folks around here.

People have opinions - whether you agree with them, or not - they're still entitled to them.

For you, or anyone else to chastise them because of that - does that make you any better than those who you're condemning?

I agree it was a poor decision by Rielly to associate girls/women with how pissy/moody his Leaf team mates are acting, but it's these sorts of issues that create such an uproar make my knuckle-dragging-neanderthal brain hurt.

Speaking out against something you think is wrong does make you just as wrong as what you're speaking out against.

He did something dumb and people called him out on it, if anyone is being unnecessarily cruel to him then I'll agree with you.

Complete dumpster fire

Yet all Leaf fans look forward to their cup run next year, and the next year, and the next year....

ACC is sold out. Thats really all that matters to their ownership. And their stupid fans keep on feeding the machine.

Finally Kessel is fed up with the media crap in Toronto. Lupul, Phaneuf and even Dubas followed with no comment when asked questions.http://www.tsn.ca/i-m-fed-up-over-what-s-been-said-1.221076

Phaneuf was unusually withdrawn at the team’s morning skate in Sunrise. Normally vocal, energetic and loud enough for all to hear, the 29-year-old was quiet in a half-hour skate and declined to speak with media shortly thereafter – a rarity for Toronto’s captain.The Leafs have made the playoffs just once since Kessel and Phaneuf joined the Leafs. Kessel, who was the subject of fierce speculation in recent weeks himself, said Phaneuf is undue of all the criticism lobbed his way.He said his fatigue with the treatment had nothing to do with his own situation, but rather he felt as a teammate, that Phaneuf was owed some backing.“For him, I think being the captain here he takes a lot of it,” Kessel said. “It’s enough. I’m sick of it and I don’t think it should go on anymore.”
This stuff makes me like Kessel even more not just a great goal scorer but also a great team mate easy to go Phil.

In other news, Joffrey Lupul has decided to go all Marshawn Lynch and from now on will refuse to give interviews to the media.

I'm sure they'll be heartbroken to hear "no comment" from a guy who hasn't played a game in 200 years and who the team is desperate to get rid of.

"Hey Joffrey, when are you going to get back in the lineup...ah...nevermind."

"No comment".

And it's this continued deterioration that we see in T.O. that will make Babs re-sign with the Wings.

Who in his right mind would want to be part of that media gongshow ? There are also rumors that Craig Button and Dubas had a very heated discussion of course nowhere to be found :(

Leafs could learn a thing or two from the Wings on how to handle the media. The players don't have tzo be available 24/7 and of course not after every practice or optional training. Let's say they get Connor McDavid and he doesn't set the world on fire in his first year man I can already imagine the "bust" articles...

Good for Dubas, Kessel, Lupul (whom I don't like but gained a lot of respect for him) to call out that media bulls***.

Who in his right mind would want to be part of that media gongshow ? There are also rumors that Craig Button and Dubas had a very heated discussion of course nowhere to be found :(

Leafs could learn a thing or two from the Wings on how to handle the media. The players don't have tzo be available 24/7 and of course not after every practice or optional training. Let's say they get Connor McDavid and he doesn't set the world on fire in his first year man I can already imagine the "bust" articles...

Good for Dubas, Kessel, Lupul (whom I don't like but gained a lot of respect for him) to call out that media bulls***.

Kessel, Lupul, Dubas, Phaneuf? They all chose to take jobs there.

Lupul, Phaneuf and his wife are rightfully suing the Twitter guy and TSN http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/-1997197.htm

"If TSN and Mr. Adragna do not immediately comply with the demands set out in our letters, we have instructions from our clients to immediately commence a lawsuit against them.

"Our clients will not be discussing this matter with the media. Any questions should be directed to the undersigned."

good on them media has to know their limits and social media trolls being held accountable is even better.

The Leafs short bus is comedy gold.

Someone at TSN is going to lose their job over that if they haven't already. Maybe the live tweet feed on TV will stop after this.

One can only hope it's so stupid having to see Twitter trackers or trackers from other leagues when all someone wants to do is watching hockey.

They either lose their job or will be held accountable financial wise.