• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

Same here, Twitter Facebook the Youtube trolls, the stupid "I have no life so everything offends me idiots" basically everything related to social media.

Other than LGW I assume? I get the feeling that you're probably ok with the social media that you use, just not the social media that other people use. Or did you not think that LGW was social media?

Careful. You might owe Phil Kessel an apology. And as I understand it, the Maple Leafs employ of team of lawyers for round the clock protection from hockey fans.

I really expected Leafs fans to be more knowledgeable and rational. Their hatred of Kessel never made sense to me. The guy is a stud. I don't care that he's a goofy looking guy, he's a hard worker who scores and seems to be a great teammate.

Big up to Kessel for sticking up for his captain. The press in that town, and most of the fans, are just ridiculous. Maybe it was posturing to make him seem more of a team guy to potential trade destinations, but good on him for calling them out.

Who in his right mind would want to be part of that media gongshow ? There are also rumors that Craig Button and Dubas had a very heated discussion of course nowhere to be found :(

Leafs could learn a thing or two from the Wings on how to handle the media. The players don't have tzo be available 24/7 and of course not after every practice or optional training. Let's say they get Connor McDavid and he doesn't set the world on fire in his first year man I can already imagine the "bust" articles...

Good for Dubas, Kessel, Lupul (whom I don't like but gained a lot of respect for him) to call out that media bulls***.

So you rip the media for being over-the-top and invasive and then you're begging and wishing for them to expose more drama..

Seems hypocritical to me...

Watching the Maple Leafs lately has got me thinking quite a bit about wildlife documentaries. I feel the same as those cameramen must feel when they follow around the water buffalo recently bitten by a komodo dragon. You know he's poisoned. You know he's dying. You know the end result. Even if they don't. This is only going to get uglier between now and the draft, when (mercifully) the final agonizing death throes should end.

Watching the Maple Leafs lately has got me thinking quite a bit about wildlife documentaries. I feel the same as those cameramen must feel when they follow around the water buffalo recently bitten by a komodo dragon. You know he's poisoned. You know he's dying. You know the end result. Even if they don't. This is only going to get uglier between now and the draft, when (mercifully) the final agonizing death throes should end.

This year has been rough, as well as the 45 before it, but I think next year is the one for them.

Lupul, Phaneuf and his wife are rightfully suing the Twitter guy and TSN http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/-1997197.htm

good on them media has to know their limits and social media trolls being held accountable is even better.

I love how professional athletes have stooped so low as to sue a high school kid for a joke he posted on twitter. Everyone is so uptight and can't take a joke anymore. It's a vulgarity I would assume and a statement made "not to be taken seriously" so Lupul and Phaneuf wouldn't have much of a case against the kid. TSN is a different story.

Athletes and celebrities and mocked much worse in more believable ways. One high school kid making a tweet with no connection to the players was obviously made as a joke not to be taken seriously and that's defense against defamation.

I wouldn't dare make assumptions about their fidelity. However, I am curious about what they are claiming in the suit. Slander? Defamation of character?

As if "being a Maple Leaf" wasn't enough to defame or injure their respective characters. Personally, I'd rather be unjustly thought and adulterer, and rightfully be thought a member of, (or worse) captain of, the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I love how professional athletes have stooped so low as to sue a high school kid for a joke he posted on twitter. Everyone is so uptight and can't take a joke anymore. It's a vulgarity I would assume and a statement made "not to be taken seriously" so Lupul and Phaneuf wouldn't have much of a case against the kid. TSN is a different story.

Athletes and celebrities and mocked much worse in more believable ways. One high school kid making a tweet with no connection to the players was obviously made as a joke not to be taken seriously and that's defense against defamation.

This has been blown completely out of proportion. Sure what TSN did was embarrassing, but Celebs demanding money from a guy posting a joke online is just plane stupid. I just hope Cleary never sees the stuff written about him on here.

The Phanuef , Lupul, and Cuthbert trio are now drawing even more attention to it, by being so bent out of shape over it. Plus you know how they say "where there's smoke there's fire," and these three are blowing a lot of smoke.

From what I've seen, the people who start screaming loudest about this stuff are usually guilty.

Yep! If nothing happened, who cares? Why blow it out of proportion more than it already has been? Ignore it, and it will eventually go away. And usually it goes away pretty fast in the day of social media, where crazier things will happen. All they are doing is drawing attention to themselves. Butthurt because it really happened? Not like Phaneuf is the first pro hockey player she's been involved with either.

Edited by chaps80

So the guys who want to rape Curt Schillings daughter should be pardoned also? I mean I'm sure it was just a joke. "Not like it's her first hockey player". Seriously!

That's quite different. A rape threat should be taken very seriously, cops involved, charges laid. But all this was someone tweeting that Lupul banged Cuthbert. Hardly in the same ballpark, or galaxy.

Yeah, the poster may have been joking, but what they wrote was actually libel. The affected players are absolutely within their rights to do so. Even Internet trolls have to be held accountable. It's funny, sure, but libel usually is.