• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#281 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

They need to bring back Pat Quinn. Sell the farm for Nash, put Tim Connolly on waivers and trade for Josh Harding. Or, they'll re-sign Wilson, keep what they got and add a bit more truculence and miss the playoffs again next year. I feel bad for my buddies who are Leafs fans, there diehards and that team has been so mismanaged. Hard to hear during the broadcast that only 2 teams haven't made the playoffs since the lockout, Florida and... Toronto :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#282 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

I hate the Leafs but even I'm starting to feel sorry for them.

#283 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'm going to give you exactly 5 minutes to edit/delete this post.
  • Nev likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

#284 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

I live close to Toronto, so most people around me are Leaf fans....I'm loving every minute of this.
What a HUGE loss tonight.
  • Nev likes this

#285 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Everyone is blaming Reimer and Gustavsson, but the defense has been horrible! Way to many turnovers.

Tonight fans were chanting, "Fire Wilson". I still think it would be better if they didn't go to games.

I live close to Toronto, so most people around me are Leaf fans....I'm loving every minute of this.
What a HUGE loss tonight.

Only 1 point out of 11th!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#286 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

Posted Image

ClichéCentre.™

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#287 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

They need to bring back Pat Quinn. Sell the farm for Nash, put Tim Connolly on waivers and trade for Josh Harding. Or, they'll re-sign Wilson, keep what they got and add a bit more truculence and miss the playoffs again next year. I feel bad for my buddies who are Leafs fans, there diehards and that team has been so mismanaged. Hard to hear during the broadcast that only 2 teams haven't made the playoffs since the lockout, Florida and... Toronto :ph34r:

I've always liked Pat Quinn.

Having a soft spot for the Maple Leafs always leaves me scratching my head as to how they always seem to be "screwing the pooch" at the worst possible times.

Just when ya think they got a playoff spot - they start playing like crap, and are throwing the season away.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#288 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hanta yo, baby!
  • Nev likes this

#289 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Having a soft spot for the Maple Leafs always leaves me scratching my head as to how they always seem to be "screwing the pooch" at the worst possible times.

Just when ya think they got a playoff spot - they start playing like crap, and are throwing the season away.

Only because I have some genuine friends who live in Toronto. My pity are for them.

Having said that, I did notice that the Laughs are tanking a bit early this year. As you described, they usually tease their fans a bit later toward the end with like 10 games left.

#290 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Only because I have some genuine friends who live in Toronto. My pity are for them.

Having said that, I did notice that the Laughs are tanking a bit early this year. As you described, they usually tease their fans a bit later toward the end with like 10 games left.

Yup - in past seasons (post Pat Quinn) the Leafs start off really slow, and appear to be outta the playoff picture by Christmas, but then sometime in mid to late January they'd pick it up, and resemble something of a NHL club.

This year it appears to be the opposite for whatever reason; they started hot, and appeared to be set for an appearance for the post season, but since the new year they've been slowly circling the drain :flush:

#291 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

They need to bring back Pat Quinn.

If you want to relive the glory years of beating Ottawa then choking in the conference finals every season, the Leafs would be much better served by bringing back Crazy Eddie in goal than Fatty Quinn as coach.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#292 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Wilson gets a contract extension and then works hard on getting himself fired. Trying to retire early?

#293 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

too me it looks like they're tanking the season to bolster up the roster.

that's different to past years when they were horrible but GM was too proud to command tanking and instead of going for 1st pick Laughs did some desperate effort to sink down to around 8-10 th pick...

it probably is better long term for the team, though ;)

#294 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Posted Image

Seeing him watch his "error in judgement" on the big screen last night was priceless.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#295 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

Seeing him watch his "error in judgement" on the big screen last night was priceless.

Is it me, or does anyone else find it interesting how in Toronto the Dmen are scruntinized whereas in Detroit it was for a long time the goalie.

EDIT - I've seen Schenn play often enough to know that he's got alot of ability to be a solid Dman in this league - however that gaffe last night - yikes!..The poor kid...His expression on his face was that of just wanting to crawl into a hole, and hide for a while.

Edited by F.Michael, 29 February 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#296 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

They are all 'squeezing their sticks a bit too tight' so to say. At one time Schenn was untouchable like their so call untouchable now, Gardiner. What one year can do.

I suspect if they have another poor showing like they did last night against Chicago, Ron can start vacating his office after the game when they get back to Toronto. No need to wait till you have a chance to meet with Burke.

#297 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

They are all 'squeezing their sticks a bit too tight' so to say. At one time Schenn was untouchable like their so call untouchable now, Gardiner. What one year can do.

I suspect if they have another poor showing like they did last night against Chicago, Ron can start vacating his office after the game when they get back to Toronto. No need to wait till you have a chance to meet with Burke.

Agreed.

If the Leafs win - then Wilson is safe for another week - possibly 2 weeks...If the Leafs lose in OT, or a shoot-out - then he's safe for a few days...If the Leafs get blown out - then I'm afraid Burke will be showing his old buddy the door sooner than later.

#298 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I cant believe what a change in fortune the leafs have had, nor I can believe the Islanders choking the game away against the Capitals last night
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#299 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Is it me, or does anyone else find it interesting how in Toronto the Dmen are scruntinized whereas in Detroit it was for a long time the goalie.

to be honest, their goaltending as of now is so bad, that it makes more sense to cheer when they play around the level of decency, than to boo them when they're at their usual game... the later is way too frequent to care ;)

the Swedish "Monster" is not really monstruous and Reimer... boy, oh boy...

truth being said... couple of years ago they had very decent goalie in Joseph who was often left to dry by the D, and yet it was CuJo who was mercilessly cursed by the fans...

but yep... Maple Laughs fans are strange... they cherish guys like Void Devereaux or Lebda who were whipping boys for Wings truthful...

#300 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

If you want to relive the glory years of beating Ottawa then choking in the conference finals every season, the Leafs would be much better served by bringing back Crazy Eddie in goal than Fatty Quinn as coach.

Eddie the Eagle would give them better goaltending then Reimer at this point, fact. :ph34r:

The Quinn thing was more or less I enjoyed him as the Leafs coach, I think they'll continue to flounder for a few years. There C's are brutal, goaltending awful and defense overrated. Plus they've almost spent to the cap, Burkies got alot of work to do.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 29 February 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL