• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#481 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

I've said it before, but the die hards that I met/was surrounded by at the WC were awesome and a blast to be around. They live and breathe hockey and were so thrilled after that win. Loud obnoxious fans aside, I'd take them over the Hollywood fans of the week "watching" Kings games any day. And I second the sentiment that I want the O6 franchises to be leading the pack every year. Because of reasons.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#482 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

I've said it before, but the die hards that I met/was surrounded by at the WC were awesome and a blast to be around. They live and breathe hockey and were so thrilled after that win. Loud obnoxious fans aside, I'd take them over the Hollywood fans of the week "watching" Kings games any day. And I second the sentiment that I want the O6 franchises to be leading the pack every year. Because of reasons.

Everyone but Chicago...

#483 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

gunna watch the Leafs Flames tonight. Leafs just have to win this one or its the golf course again lol

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#484 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

And then when you live in Toronto? You have no idea what Leaf fans are like in Toronto.

#485 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

There were a lot of cool leafs fans there.  And there were a lot of leafs fans I wanted to punch in the face.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#486 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

ford_at_acc.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.j

With their "#1 Fan", they could go... all...the...way!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#487 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

One last bump for now: Because they do. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#488 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

Yep.  Sure feels good to see their bi-polar fanbase thrashing around hysterically.  2 months ago Kessel was better than Crosby and every single player on their roster was better than ours, and now........here we are :)  Fire everyone.  Trade everyone etc etc

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#489 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

dolighan_cartoon_apr1014.jpg

St. Shanny to the rescue?

#490 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

I've said it before, but the die hards that I met/was surrounded by at the WC were awesome and a blast to be around.

Obviously you were drunk off your ass.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#491 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

Now I'm no longer pissed we didn't beat them in the Winter Classic. 4 days until the leafs are golfing! 

temp 1

#492 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Now I'm no longer pissed we didn't beat them in the Winter Classic. 4 days until the leafs are golfing! 

I was worried it was going to come down to 1pt.  Yes, that point.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#493 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Every game we lost this year everyone on the boards said that would be the game that ends up screwing us out of a playoff spot. And all the laughs fans were saying the Leafs were the better team. Fast forward to now, we've clinched a spot, the laughs are eliminated from playing in the playoffs, and I'm happy :)

#494 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, after reading all the hateful comments about our 23 years of awesomeness!!!!!! from all the butthurt Leafs fan on tsn and Facebook, I'm going to have to reform my opinion of their miserable fanbase a bit and say that I hope they continue to suck for all eternity.

• Nev likes this
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#495 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Obviously you were drunk off your ass.

Have you met (read) me? When am I *not* drunk off my ass? And I like some of you assholes...

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#496 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

And then when you live in Toronto? You have no idea what Leaf fans are like in Toronto.

As someone from Toronto, I know all about it. Hence why I think they deserve every bit of the misery they get. Props to my Bruins fan Dad for raising me to not be a Leafs fan.

#497 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, after reading all the hateful comments about our 23 years of awesomeness!!!!!! from all the butthurt Leafs fan on tsn and Facebook, I'm going to have to reform my opinion of their miserable fanbase a bit and say that I hope they continue to suck for all eternity.

They are the most unpopular team on HFBoards.......and its almost entirely down to their fans.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#498 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

dolighan_cartoon_apr1014.jpg

St. Shanny to the rescue?

I'm seeing this thrown around a lot lately, is this a "where there's smoke there's fire" thing or just wild speculation?

Edit: Hmmmm...

@cotsonika: NHL executive to Toronto Maple Leafs president? The future's wide open for Brendan Shanahan https://t.co/12TH3u65D5 via @YahooEhGame

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 10 April 2014 - 02:10 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#499 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Damn, dude, well said!

#500 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

I was slumming today and watched the Tim & Sid simulcast thingy they do and heard a stat from Micallef that is mind-blowing: the Leafs had a League worst average of 35.9 shots allowed per game. Miccallef then said he spent about an hour and went back to the available stats and found that since 1997-98, nobody has put up a worse number.

The much lauded TML defence might be a priority to look at.