• Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

As long as Brian Burke is there I hope they continue to wallow in mediocrity and miss the playoffs year after year.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#42 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

The funny thing is, perhaps it's the blind loyalty that is keeping the leafs down. If these people wouldn't be so ready to still pay big money for tickets and everything else despite chronically being known as "Loserville," perhaps the financial pressure might force some changes to be made. To me, it's dumb to want to pay for an inferior product year after year. So no, maybe Leafs fans don't deserve better.

The problem is its nearly impossible to impose an effective boycott in a Toronto hockey market.

If I want Maple Leafs season tickets I would have to go on their 10-20 year waiting list. The demand is insane.

#43 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

The problem is its nearly impossible to impose an effective boycott in a Toronto hockey market.

If I want Maple Leafs season tickets I would have to go on their 10-20 year waiting list. The demand is insane.

Maybe by then they will be getting good.. i'd get in line!
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#44 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

Maybe by then they will be getting good.. i'd get in line!

Some people are actually putting their kids on the waiting list on the day they are born. That way they might actually have tickets by the time they are 18. :P

#45 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

When I moved back to Michigan in 1992, I went on the wait list. I didn't get the call until 2004.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#46 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

How hard are tickets to get in Toronto?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#47 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

How hard are tickets to get in Toronto?

Easier right now because the team is bad. Can usually walk up to the box office before a game and get a pair of seats. Usually a few hundred seats available before a game.

But season tickets are impossible. People won't give up season tickets that have been in their family since 1932 because they know they will never get them back. Same with the corporations. They'll never see those tickets again, so they won't cancel them.

The team doesn't even acknowledge season tickets on their website or the waiting list.

Edited by MacK_Attack, 17 November 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#48 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

Easier right now because the team is bad. Can usually walk up to the box office before a game and get a pair of seats. Usually a few hundred seats available before a game.

But season tickets are impossible. People won't give up season tickets that have been in their family since 1932 because they know they will never get them back. Same with the corporations. They'll never see those tickets again, so they won't cancel them.

The team doesn't even acknowledge season tickets on their website or the waiting list.

I keep looking at your signature and wonder what the Leafs would have been like with Fedorov in the lineup.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#49 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

No commies on my team! no fedorov

We take a defenseman! no sakic, instead Richardson

Bless leafs faithful

#50 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

No commies on my team! no fedorov

We take a defenseman! no sakic, instead Richardson

Bless leafs faithful

Bad management never goes out of style in Toronto.

#51 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

Tickets are only the beginning too. Buy a Pizza and a Beer at the ACC and tell me how your wallet feels afterwards. :lol:

Nevermind the fact that parking alone can cost more than a Coyotes game. :P

Edited by puffy, 17 November 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#52 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Tickets are only the beginning too. Buy a Pizza and a Beer at the ACC and tell me how your wallet feels afterwards. :lol:

A large beer (pint and a half or so) and a slice of Pizza is around $30. The beer alone is $20.

#53 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

A large beer (pint and a half or so) and a slice of Pizza is around $30. The beer alone is $20.

:blink: :blink:

And here I thought $8.50 for a beer at the Joe was bad.

#54 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

:blink: :blink:

And here I thought $8.50 for a beer at the Joe was bad.

You can get a tallboy for around $10 or $12, but the huge draft beers are $20.

Edited by MacK_Attack, 17 November 2010 - 01:57 PM.

#55 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

How big is a huge draft beer? The first draft beer at the Joe I had looked like a regular 12 ounce, $8.50. Didn't really look for other sizes/prices.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 17 November 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#56 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

How big is a huge draft beer? The first draft beer at the Joe I had looked like a regular 12 ounce, $8.50. Didn't really look for other sizes/prices.

32oz or something.

#57 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Is it impossible to sneak in a bottle or two over there? i dont remember anything like that down in tampa and ft.lauderdale when i was there

Edited by mindfly, 17 November 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#58 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

As long as Brian Burke is there I hope they continue to wallow in mediocrity and miss the playoffs year after year.

I can't help but think Burke is doing a good job there. I want to think he is but I don't know. I would to see the Leafs to a lot better and be a contender instead of this below average team...

#59 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

32oz or something.

I guess that's enough to make the fans forget what they're watching.

#60 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

I guess that's enough to make the fans forget what they're watching.

I would say that the fans have developed a tolerance of that amount by now.

Posted Image