• Please log in to reply
638 replies to this topic

#621 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 8,006 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

Finally Kessel is fed up with the media crap in Toronto. Lupul, Phaneuf and even Dubas followed with no comment when asked questions. http://www.tsn.ca/i-...n-said-1.221076

This stuff makes me like Kessel even more not just a great goal scorer but also a great team mate easy to go Phil.

And it's this continued deterioration that we see in T.O. that will make Babs re-sign with the Wings.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#622 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:35 PM

Where these guys expecting a media friendly environment when they signed in Toronto?  Everybody know, you win in Toronto and you're a hero.  You lose in Toronto you're a dog.  Buyer beware. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#623 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 PM

And it's this continued deterioration that we see in T.O. that will make Babs re-sign with the Wings.

Who in his right mind would want to be part of that media gongshow ? There are also rumors that Craig Button and Dubas had a very heated discussion of course nowhere to be found :(

Leafs could learn a thing or two from the Wings on how to handle the media. The players don't have tzo be available 24/7 and of course not after every practice or optional training. Let's say they get Connor McDavid and he doesn't set the world on fire in his first year man I can already imagine the "bust" articles...

Good for Dubas, Kessel, Lupul (whom I don't like but gained a lot of respect for him) to call out that media bulls***.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey ! f*** this league

#624 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:45 PM

Who in his right mind would want to be part of that media gongshow ? There are also rumors that Craig Button and Dubas had a very heated discussion of course nowhere to be found :(

Leafs could learn a thing or two from the Wings on how to handle the media. The players don't have tzo be available 24/7 and of course not after every practice or optional training. Let's say they get Connor McDavid and he doesn't set the world on fire in his first year man I can already imagine the "bust" articles...

Good for Dubas, Kessel, Lupul (whom I don't like but gained a lot of respect for him) to call out that media bulls***.

Kessel, Lupul, Dubas, Phaneuf?  They all chose to take jobs there. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#625 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Disgruntled Zamboni Driver

• PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:18 PM

11052492_430266523815932_383136292271821

A friend of mine who is a Leaf fan sent me this, I lol'd. 

5_zps63dcf56d.jpg

"The Russian Five"    

#626 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:25 PM

Lupul, Phaneuf and his wife are rightfully suing the Twitter guy and TSN http://www.marketwir...se/-1997197.htm

"If TSN and Mr. Adragna do not immediately comply with the demands set out in our letters, we have instructions from our clients to immediately commence a lawsuit against them.

"Our clients will not be discussing this matter with the media. Any questions should be directed to the undersigned."

good on them media has to know their limits and social media trolls being held accountable is even better.

kftx.jpg

#627 TheXym

TheXym

LGW's resident bass player

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 PM

The Leafs short bus is comedy gold.

Someone at TSN is going to lose their job over that if they haven't already. Maybe the live tweet feed on TV will stop after this.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#628 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:38 PM

The Leafs short bus is comedy gold.
Someone at TSN is going to lose their job over that if they haven't already. Maybe the live tweet feed on TV will stop after this.

One can only hope it's so stupid having to see Twitter trackers or trackers from other leagues when all someone wants to do is watching hockey.

They either lose their job or will be held accountable financial wise.

kftx.jpg

#629 chaps80

chaps80

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

I hate twitter. HATE it.

#630 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:45 PM

I hate twitter. HATE it.

Same here, Twitter Facebook the Youtube trolls, the stupid "I have no life so everything offends me idiots" basically everything related to social media.

kftx.jpg

#631 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

http://ownthepuck.bl...-optic.html?m=0
Go look at Dion phaneufs hero rating.

#632 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

You could be the Panthers right now.. Yikes what a mess with goalies.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Luongo injured. Montoya in. Montoya injured but battling thru with difficulty. FLA goalie coach Rob Tallas dresses as back up, on bench now.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#633 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 19,219 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Montoya was barely able to stand up in net, Luongo returned to the net, and Florida are pouring it on but are down by 1 late in the 3rd. Amazing theater.

#NOMOREANDERSSON

#634 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Maple Leafs and TSN are owned by same parent company ... so that's kind of strange if it did proceed to court.  

#635 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

That would have been sweet to see a goalie coach go in though.

#636 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

Same here, Twitter Facebook the Youtube trolls, the stupid "I have no life so everything offends me idiots" basically everything related to social media.

Other than LGW I assume?  I get the feeling that you're probably ok with the social media that you use, just not the social media that other people use.  Or did you not think that LGW was social media?

#637 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted Today, 06:41 AM

http://ownthepuck.bl...-optic.html?m=0
Go look at Dion phaneufs hero rating.

Careful.  You might owe Phil Kessel an apology.  And as I understand it, the Maple Leafs employ of team of lawyers for round the clock protection from hockey fans. 

#638 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted Today, 07:47 AM

I really expected Leafs fans to be more knowledgeable and rational. Their hatred of Kessel never made sense to me. The guy is a stud. I don't care that he's a goofy looking guy, he's a hard worker who scores and seems to be a great teammate.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#639 TheXym

TheXym

LGW's resident bass player

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted Today, 07:53 AM

Big up to Kessel for sticking up for his captain. The press in that town, and most of the fans, are just ridiculous. Maybe it was posturing to make him seem more of a team guy to potential trade destinations, but good on him for calling them out.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.