• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#121 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Speaking of Leaf fans...i saw this posted by a Leafs fan in a HF thread about players that shouldn't be in the NHL. I couldn't help but lmao. Those poor bastards...

The Leafs have a lot but I'll just do one and allow others to have a chance...

Posted Image

Brett Lebda (Nicknames: Lebad, LOLda)

Strengths:

- Good skater

Weaknesses:

- Takes bad penalties.
- A pylon.
- Hands of stone.
- Giveaway machine.
- Not physical.
- Makes mistakes a PeeWee player would not make.

Compared on the Leaf board to (not in terms of playing style, just the terribad results on the ice):

- Aki Berg
- Andy Wozniewski

Reason why he is currently in the NHL:

- Brian Burke took a blue pill that he found under his desk. It turns out it was the same drug that caused JFJ to sign Jeff Finger to a $3.5 million/year contract (/obvious sarcasm).
- Ron Wilson loves his American players.
- Ron Wilson is a ****ing idiot.

Conclusion:

- AHL defenseman.

#122 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Your avatar is hilarious. I hadn't even seen that :lol:

How much longer till Wilson is canned?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#123 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Billy Watters was on Toronto's Q107 today and said the Leafs have no hope for the future and won't until the 2013-14 season. He's right. What a horrible organization, thank God we're Red Wings fans.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#124 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

The oficial highlight video is filling out quite nicely; from Toronto Sun:

Meanwhile, the fan who threw a box of waffles on the ice during Monday’s game as a protest, forcing a stoppage in play during an odd-man rush by the Leafs, was charged with mischief by Toronto Police said MLSE’s Bob Hunter, executive vice-president for Venues and Entertainment. Hunter said the person will be banned from Air Canada Centre events and all MLSE properties until further notice.

As for monitoring future home games, Hunter said:

“Standard practice and procedures will continue. We search all bags now, and do random pat-downs. Pre-game warnings (about throwing articles on the ice) may be repeated more than once. Being banned from the ACC for all events we feel is a strong deterrent.”

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#125 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

The Next Stephen Stamkos Experiment is officially on hold; from TSN:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have returned forward Nazem Kadri to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League.

#126 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

#127 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

I was thinking today, and asked a few people I know...

I think another indication of a future of a franchise is how many prospects they have in the Jr. Championships (we have 5 :thumbup:). Does anyone know how many Leafs prospects are in the World Jr.'s? I haven't heard any reports on the FAN590 in Toronto about how a Leaf(s) prospect is doing. My guess it's zero.

Posted Image

:lol: Love it!!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#128 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

A friend of mine posted some Leafs jokes on my facebook, I'll share them here..

What's a common theme with the Toronto Raptors, Blue Jays, Argonauts, and Maple Leafs, aside from all being from Toronto?... None of them know how to play hockey.

What do you call 22 millionaires watching the playoffs?... The Maple Leafs.

Why doesn't Hamilton have and NHL team?... Then Toronto would want one too.

It's a sad fact that most people who witnessed the Leafs win their last cup were in diapers... It's a fun fact that the next time they win, those same people will be in diapers again.

Man goes into a bar with his dog to watch the Leafs game. Bartender says it's ok, so long as the dog doesn't cause any trouble... When the Leafs score their first goal, the dog leaps off the bar stool, does a backflip and dances around on its hind legs. The bartender says to the man, "Hey that's pretty sweet! What happens when they win a game?"... The man replies, "I dunno. I've had him for 3 years and we're yet to see it happen!"

What do the Leafs and the Titanic have in common?... The both look good until they hit the ice.

Edited by Barrie, 03 January 2011 - 07:20 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#129 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

The Leafs actually scored NINE goals against Atlanta in a 9-3 win today and Lebda still finished with a -3. Go figure.

Edited by puffy, 07 January 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#130 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

Figured this deserved a nice little....

bump.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#131 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Figured this deserved a nice little....

bump.

:thumbup:

Gotta love kicking the Leafs when they're down. :lol:

Edited by Barrie, 19 January 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#132 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

:thumbup:

Gotta love kicking the Leafs when they're down. :lol:

I love going over to there hfboards sometimes, they sound like whiny kids that are about to commit suicide. I know a bunch of leaf fans up here and they loved Gus last year but now hes struggling there all over him. kind of sounds like some fans over here with our goalies however.

#133 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

I love going over to there hfboards sometimes, they sound like whiny kids that are about to commit suicide. I know a bunch of leaf fans up here and they loved Gus last year but now hes struggling there all over him. kind of sounds like some fans over here with our goalies however.

Just about went on to say "WOW! We do have a lot in common!"
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#134 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Poor Monster.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#135 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:45 AM

I may be a softy, but dude, I am ready for them to stop sucking quite so badly. I've had my fun laughing and taking their fans down a notch, but now I just feel like they need to uphold the honor of being an O6 team and stop putting that title to shame. They don't need to get all Blackhawky on me and start winning Cups or anything, but I wouldn't mind seeing them make the playoffs.

I gotta say, I love the waffles, though. :lol:

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#136 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:55 AM

I do feel pity for those fans who actually are passionate and not blindfolded. man, it's tough to be a fan of a team that is simply a perennial disaster.

on the other hand... the best part about Maple Laughs management is that they don't even have balls to do Penguins/Blackhawks and suck badly for 3-4 consecutive years and then build a cup capable team from scratch. it's not like I did approve the league making it that easy to have a serious shot, but since it's working every team is free to go this way. every single except Maple Laughs of course, because they're too proud to hit the rock bottom and will rather continue dwelling slightly above this bottom for decennias...

#137 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

I thought their goaltending problems were "solved"?

#138 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

http://www.theglobea...76602/comments/

Dear Mr. Burke

I have been a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs for more of my almost 54 years than I care to remember. I have never joined, nor supported the Leaf Haters, so it grieves me deeply to admit that this game makes me see their points. Please, as one of the guys who essentially provides your job, please, let me make a few comments on tonight's game and the season generally.

First. It would be easy to blame the goaltender tonight. But I note on the first few goals he was left to hang by his team. I am not saying he played well, but Godfrey Daniel he had no support, no defence, no help, Bloody none. Nada.

Second. Your handpicked coach, by rolling his eyes at the skies after the goals and after pulling the goaly left the impression that he blamed the goaly for the first period. Pat Burns would have been standing on the bench, screaming, at both the other team and his own team, letting his own team know they were to be held responsible for their irresponsibility.

Third. Your team, Mr. Burke, and this is by now, clearly is your team, was unprepared, unwilling and/or unable to compete. Your team sir. Your coach sir.

So my suggestions are the following, sir.

Please, first take the coach out behind the woodshed and stress to him in firmest possible language that hanging his goaltender out to dry is not good coaching and that if his team is not ready to play from the opening whistle it is his fault. His fault. Period.

Please, the take the players out behind the same barn and remind them they are paid, Godfrey Daniel, good money to put in a real effort, and let them know how angry and upset long time fans like me are when they do not do so, as they did not tonight. Putting in a reasonable effort and being outmatched is one thing. Not showing up is not. Not, sir.

(Mr. Burke, there is no one, no one, on your team that I am happy with tonight, but I do not blame the goaltender above the rest of the squad. And I remind you sir, this is your team.)

Finally, once you have done that, please, release all of the players except Mike Komisarek to go back to their hotel rooms and think on what you have told them. For Mike Komisarek, keep him behind the barn and ask him for his sweater back. I have a cat that is 14 years old and has no teeth and drools, and we have the choice of putting it on old useless cloths to try and be comfortable on or take it to the vets for one last time, and it occurs to me that Komisarek's sweater would find a much higher and greater use as a cushion for this cat than being worn by this player in another Maple Leaf game. You undertook a noble experiment in trying to salvage his career, Mr. Burke. Unfortunately it failed. Take him out of the uniform now, and permanently.

I Sir, am sorry to have had to have had to write this.

Thames Sailor

Oy.

#139 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

Funny letter :lol:

Though I must say - I cannot fathom how bad Komisarek has turned out; was a pretty solid, and reliable Dman when he was with the Habs.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#140 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

Funny letter :lol:

Though I must say - I cannot fathom how bad Komisarek has turned out; was a pretty solid, and reliable Dman when he was with the Habs.

An NHL all-star game starter, as well. <_<

He's ok as a #5, just not worth the money Burke threw at him.

$4.5 million cap hit. For the next three and a half years, plus a NTC.