• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#141 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

“They wanted me to do over 30 hours of community service and they wanted me to sign a peace bond and other stuff. I refused,” said Robb, 31. “My parents are proud people, Scottish people. And they just always told me, no matter what I do, I should always stick up for myself and back what you’re doing and don’t stand down.”

Star
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#142 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Star

I doubt his parents were thinking about throwing waffles >>

#143 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Kris Versteeg loves playing hockey in Toronto.

But the recognition that comes with being a Maple Leaf does not always give him a warm smile.

The 24-year-old recently got the equivalent of a cold shower when he came upon his black Audi R8 and found that it has been spit on, with some nasty messages in the dust on the car written to him.

http://www.saultstar....aspx?e=2956536

Edited by Konnan511, 01 February 2011 - 08:56 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#144 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:35 PM

How did fans even get access to his car?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#145 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

Parking lot. They knew which one was his apparently.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#146 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

Maybe they saw him in the store and got all the cars outside just to be sure.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#147 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

I was under the impression that fans weren't allowed near the players lot. Perhaps not.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#148 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

I was under the impression that fans weren't allowed near the players lot. Perhaps not.

But at the Joe you can stand right by the player's lot with that barricade.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#149 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

I bet you could bum a ride home with a guy like Meech. He probably drives a Chevy Nova.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#150 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#151 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

The Parade is on hold again; from Sportsnet:

The Monster is joining the Toronto Marlies.

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced Friday that goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has been sent to the American Hockey League on a conditioning stint.

#152 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

The Parade is on hold again;

My link

"Jonas is considered by many to be the best goaltender not playing in the NHL today," said Maple Leafs' general manager Brian Burke.

My link

And that pursuit was dogged to say the least. Burke visited with Gustavsson at the world hockey championship in Switzerland in March and even went to Sweden with the intent of going to his mother’s funeral later in the spring. Gustavsson politely declined that offer but dined with Burke the following night. The Leafs boss then put in one final overseas trip on the eve of free agency.

“We wanted to be the last team he talked to,” Burke said. “I don’t know if I’ve ever worked this hard to get any one player.”

Well worth it, Brian.

#153 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

"Jonas is considered by many to be the best goaltender not playing in the NHL today," said Maple Leafs' general manager Brian Burke.

I had to check the date on that linked story and that quote still holds true; he wasn't playing in the NHL on 07/07/2009 and he's not playing in the NHL now, is he?

#154 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

would he have to go through waivers or does he have a 2 way ?

#155 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

I cannot stand Brian Burke. As most of us on LGW would probably agree, this dude is just arrogant and kind of a joke.

He left Vancouver in shambles when he left, short of the Sedin twins (who underachieved until he left), left Anahiem a complete Salary Cap disaster while losing Bryzgalov and others for next to nothing, and now has single handedly set Toronto back at least another few years by the epic disaster known as the Phil Kessel trade.

I feel bad for the Toronto fans, but as Shanahan said once, it almost didn't/doesnt matter who they ice, the fans think they have a chance at the Cup. It's just too bad because had Burke not made that deal, they'd already be much closer to being competitive for a longer period of time. On top of that, "Neon" Dion Phaneuf's rockstar mentality that Burke loves could easily do more harm than good in that locker room. It's just a mess. He makes trades based on players so called "blue and white" disease (because playing for Toronto is every players dream) but brings in players with volitle personalities and other problems at a huge long-term cost to the franchise. Makes me thankful for Kenny and Co.

My sympathy aside, I can't imagine the ensuing delusion and prideful, chaotic ranting that would ensue if ever they were to even remotely challenge for the Cup. I'm sure it would easily eclipse Chicago's dreamland of hockey dominance.

Edited by achildr1, 05 February 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#156 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

...If I could afford an R8, I sure as s*** wouldn't let dust build up on it to the point where someone could write on it. How does that happen?

#157 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

...If I could afford an R8, I sure as s*** wouldn't let dust build up on it to the point where someone could write on it. How does that happen?

the garage they park in is right beside a construction zone right now, so I imagine some dust from there blew onto the car ?

#158 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

Leafs parking lot at the ACC is underground. What the parking situation is like at the practice rink, I have no idea.

would he have to go through waivers or does he have a 2 way ?

He would if he were sent down full-time, which he won't be. He's down on a conditioning stint. I suspect he'll work through it. Bit of a sophomore jinx, I guess. Has lots of talent, that's for sure.

Edited by MacK_Attack, 05 February 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#159 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

So this is what its like to be a Leafs fan?

#160 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

They always hope that the next goaltender is going to be The goaltender. Don't lose that drawing board.