#161 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

http://sports.espn.g...fs&sportCat=nhl

^ New story about the waffle thrower.

He makes some good points about the team putting s*** on the ice every night, and I still agree that the lifetime ban is BS. Also Im finally glad to find out the significance of the waffle being thrown. Waffle - "W" = Affle (awful). Pretty clever lol.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#162 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#163 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

Toronto Star.

#164 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

I'm going to start watching carefully - thank you, God, for letting me have CBC. :) I would love to see the Leafs make it this year.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#165 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Weird how the Leafs basically snuck into playoff contention.

As much as I want to see them tank and laugh at Burke, it would be interesting to see the Leafs in the playoffs again.

Posted Image

#166 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Lebda scores his first as a Leaf. Only took 6 months.

#167 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

Lebda scores. What's the world coming to?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#168 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

I'm content to watch them suffer.

I love the city of Toronto and it's people. Spending a lot of time in Canada I'm pretty pro-Cananda and usually give them the benefit of the doubt. However, when it comes to the Leafs and Leaf fans I have no mercy on the pain they experience. I can't tell you how many times I've been spoken "down" to by Leafs fans about the game of hockey and their superior intellegence. I always make it clear theat I'm a life long Wings fan who follows the sport very closely, and usually I'm very gracious and listen to them preach to me as if I had just become aware of the sport of hockey. All the while I'm thinking to myself: "really?...really?....if Toronto and the Leafs are such the epticenter of hockey, why have they been not only a below average team the past 5-10 years, but a team that makes horrendous errors in all aspects that make up an organization....from the GM down to coaching....I mean really??? Okay??"

To me, it's kind of like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame being located in Cleveland. Come on....Really? Although a disc jockey in Cleveland was the first to utter the term "Rock and Roll"...is that ALL we're basing this on? Motown, LA, New York, Memphis, etc.... Cleveland?? Really??

In one particualr instance I had a Leafs fan tell me at a bar in Toronot that "we really like Draper, we've thought about bringing him home a few times and know we could have gotten him easily". Again...."really????"
ENJOY THE RIDE

#169 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Lebda scores his first as a Leaf. Only took 6 months.

You might be waiting a little longer to see his first good defensive play.

#170 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

The whole hockey world is watching.

#171 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

You know Burke is going to make moves to make the playoffs, killing their future even more.

So glad I'm not a Leafs fan. The organization is caught in a such a vicious cycle that they have no future, and haven't had one since the 1960's. Every move they make is a band-aid to cover up the massive problem.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#172 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

I'm content to watch them suffer.

I love the city of Toronto and it's people. Spending a lot of time in Canada I'm pretty pro-Cananda and usually give them the benefit of the doubt. However, when it comes to the Leafs and Leaf fans I have no mercy on the pain they experience. I can't tell you how many times I've been spoken "down" to by Leafs fans about the game of hockey and their superior intellegence. I always make it clear theat I'm a life long Wings fan who follows the sport very closely, and usually I'm very gracious and listen to them preach to me as if I had just become aware of the sport of hockey. All the while I'm thinking to myself: "really?...really?....if Toronto and the Leafs are such the epticenter of hockey, why have they been not only a below average team the past 5-10 years, but a team that makes horrendous errors in all aspects that make up an organization....from the GM down to coaching....I mean really??? Okay??"

To me, it's kind of like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame being located in Cleveland. Come on....Really? Although a disc jockey in Cleveland was the first to utter the term "Rock and Roll"...is that ALL we're basing this on? Motown, LA, New York, Memphis, etc.... Cleveland?? Really??

In one particualr instance I had a Leafs fan tell me at a bar in Toronot that "we really like Draper, we've thought about bringing him home a few times and know we could have gotten him easily". Again...."really????"

agreed, Toronto IS NOT the mecca of hockey as they have self proclaimed themselves. I think the mecca of hockey is a region, Montreal down to Detroit, just like Baseball's mecca is Boston down to New York. I don't think it's fair to say one city is better than the other.

Sports mecca's are regional, it's not just one city.

I really don't care either way if the Leafs make it or not, I'm just not interested in listening to Leaf fans involved in playoff talk. I'll bet money if the Leafs make the playoffs the city will go crazy!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#173 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

You know Burke is going to make moves to make the playoffs, killing their future even more.

Given the past three trades, he's probably got some flexibility to add a depth defenceman or something for a 3rd round pick or average prospect. There are no big rentals out there to "mortgage the future", unless you consider a trade of Brad Richards, but his injury probably makes that trade difficult to make.

#174 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#175 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:27 AM

I was born and raised in Michigan mainly the Detroit area so I have always been a Wings fan, but my dads favorite team was the Leafs. So I would actually like to see them in the playoffs in the near future, heck it might be this year.

Edited by matt198913, 02 March 2011 - 02:28 AM.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#176 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

It's always a good thing to see an Original 6 franchise make it into the playoffs.

If the Maple Leafs keep playing the way they are - March 26th is gonna be a great night of hockey!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#177 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neumann/110208_waffles_maple_leafs&sportCat=nhl

^ New story about the waffle thrower.

He makes some good points about the team putting s*** on the ice every night, and I still agree that the lifetime ban is BS. Also Im finally glad to find out the significance of the waffle being thrown. Waffle - "W" = Affle (awful). Pretty clever lol.

Honestly, how does that work?

Couldn't he just wear some glasses, a hat, or alter his appearance just enough to sneak by and attend games again? Someone could easily purchase tickets for him

Btw, I really do hope the Leafs make the post-season this year. Yes, actually play, not make the post-season by purchasing tickets and going to the game.

Edited by Rivalred, 02 March 2011 - 12:22 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#178 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

Only four points out.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#179 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Please win tonight.

#180 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Living in Canada, we're constantly force fed Leafs news and games and for that reason I hope they fail so we can stop hearing about them sooner rather than later.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi