• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/17 GDT: Blues 3 at Red Wings 7

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

The Wings gave the puck away too much against the Blues and Howard bailed them out as Mickey said during the game. Babs will want to clean that up for sure. Have to like the 3rd and 4th lines scoring 4 of the goals. Modano looks better each game. He set up Cleary for a nice goal and had Halak beaten but didn't get the puck up. Rafalski played very well. That shot pass to Abs was awesome. If we can stay healthy, our depth will produce some long winning streaks. I'm very happy with Howard's play right now. :thumbup:

They were also missing Oshie, Perron (top 6 forwards), Polak, Jackman (top4 defensemen), their complete healthy squad and in their barn will be a real test for the wings...

Was long time ago Z&D had awesome games at the same time, Z scored a nice goal, and pavel had two somewhat flukey assists but most of the night they got pwnd by blues 1st line... i wanna see eurotwins take over games like they did in 07/08 and franzen just gotta figure his s*** out... filppula is also kinda invisible... hudler... needless to say anything about him..

I don't think the Blues felt sorry for all the Wings injuries last season. What are they supposed to do? Cancel the game?

Edited by Hatethedrake!

well the nice thing is, when the first line wasnt having their best night (which happens) we got 4 goals from our bottom 2 lines. i agree that the blues are very good this year though.

Agreed...

Expecting 100% ALL the time is not realistic. Only concerns I have is the rotation of Eaves/Miller, Modo's sore groin, Ozzie getting back healthy + game mode (feel more comfortable with him playing here and there and not having Joey backing up Jimmy), and Hudler.

I am particular to the HEM line (Helm, Eaves, Miller) and feel that Helm would be more effective that way (putting up more points) and being able to keep Abby + Modo in the line up. Not enough spots.

Little man (Hudler) is trying and pressing hard, but he hit a wall. Also, during the the game last night one of the Blues players was holding his stick under his arm and nothing was called. Eh, moot point as of now, but still. He is being knocked off the puck way too easy. Think everyone in the league realizes this...

Edited by Rivalred

Fully aware of the injuries. I think your expectations are not fully realistic.

When it comes to mindfly, unrealistic expectations are the norm.

The Wings are 12-3-1, which is good enough to statistically be the best team in the NHL, they've played extremely solid the past 8 games and even last night found a way to win when they played awful for 50 minutes of 60. mindfly is the type of fan that when his team wins 9-1, he ******* that they didn't get a shutout.

When it comes to mindfly, unrealistic expectations are the norm.

The Wings are 12-3-1, which is good enough to statistically be the best team in the NHL, they've played extremely solid the past 8 games and even last night found a way to win when they played awful for 50 minutes of 60. mindfly is the type of fan that when his team wins 9-1, he ******* that they didn't get a shutout.

It's just proof that us Red Wings fans are spoiled rotten. :hehe:

pavel had two somewhat flukey assists but most of the night they got pwnd by blues 1st line...

Pavel had a nice game. Consider the two somewhat throwaway points he got on the PPs as belated rewards for his great rush that Lidstrom failed to bury in the first, and his pressure that generated the turnover that got Hank in position to score later.