• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#61 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Their past few games have been pretty ugly, so hopefully Detroit can capitalize on that. I'd like to see 5+ goals scored.

#62 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

This should be nicknamed the Birthday Thread.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#63 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

FSN+ HD isn't that bad. Tonight it is listed as an HD game and I'm pretty sure it's true HD, instead of the kind of feeds with the pillar-boxing. It's at the Joe, so I'm sure it's the same cameras they always use.

Gotta love Directv :D

Agreed. I recently watched a Wings' game on FSD+ HD and it was fine. I don't even think it was a Deetroit feed. I gotta admit I was pleasantly surprised because in the past they've been really bad, visually.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#64 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

*Please don't make halak/conklin look like a wall*

#65 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

hoping for a 21st bday win

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beerbuddy:

You best be good and plastered tonight. There better be no video uploading done tonight on your part :P

Well, tonight will be a great measuring stick for both teams. Great goalies and both are good hard working teams.

On a side note, man that letsgoblues site is a crap fest lol. I guess some of our posters get the same way against the Hawks and Pens, but I don't remember seeing any "******* *******" or any other bigoted remarks thrown their way.

Im also wishing for a win on my 37th. It's awesome that we share the 17th. Enjoy your first day being legal, and Let's Go Wings! Cheers to you, Jollymania!

Gahhh happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beerbuddy:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#66 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

Another Nov 17th baby reporting in.

ZOMG happt birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Are you old enough to get the :beerbuddy: ? If so...... :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#67 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Debating whether I want to wait until midnight when the replay will be on the FSD-HD channel or watch it live and deal with the horrible picture quality on FSD+.

#68 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

On a side note, man that letsgoblues site is a crap fest lol. I guess some of our posters get the same way against the Hawks and Pens, but I don't remember seeing any "******* *******" or any other bigoted remarks thrown their way.

It's tough to find fans who are worse than Blues fans. Having had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for a few years, I know whereof I speak. It's a shame, too, since the "core" Blues fan is knowledgeable, passionate, and respectful of other teams. Unfortunately, this group is the minority. Most of them are world-class whiners with a hilarious inferiority complex who couldn't care less if the Blues won a game, let alone a Cup. As long as the other team leaves the ice on stretchers, they're happy. Check their boards if the Wings go up by 2 or 3 goals, and they'll surely be clamoring for the Blues to goon it up and "send a message," whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

#69 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

My best friend is a huge Blues fan, so there is always a lot of trash talk when we play the Blues. Hope we play a full 60 minute game tonight.

Althought ill probably have to miss it due to having to be on a ambulance most of the evening. :(

But....thank god for DVR :)

Better riding along than being along for the ride! :)

#70 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

Happy birthday to all applicable! :beerbuddy:

God, anyone else feel like it's been a year since the last game? Can't wait! Prediction... 3-1 Wings (Zetterberg, Cleary, Helm with an empty net).

#71 hckypete96

hckypete96

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

can anyone tell me what channel fsd+ is on comcast in metro detroit? i cant find it... thanks!

nvm found it... 901!

Edited by hckypete96, 17 November 2010 - 06:53 PM.

Z's just livin another day in the life of a god damn boss.....

#72 jvxp

jvxp

Wings fan since the 80's !

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

Prediction Wings 4 Blues 2!

#73 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

link to a feed?

#74 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Happy birthday to all applicable! :beerbuddy:

God, anyone else feel like it's been a year since the last game? Can't wait! Prediction... 3-1 Wings (Zetterberg, Cleary, Helm with an empty net).

Welcome back! You sure got some loyalty to be watching the Wings this late!

PS, Good prediction! :P

link to a feed?

Check the OP. If you don't want to you can try a2z or comoblueswebsite

Edited by Konnan511, 17 November 2010 - 07:17 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#75 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

Just so you all knowm, I've a;lready spotted the Wings four goals for tonight. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#76 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

#77 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

Welcome back! You sure got some loyalty to be watching the Wings this late!

PS, Good prediction! :P

Thanks! Sadly I doubt I'll be watching the whole game, but definitely the first period, maybe second too if the game seems worth sleeping in class tomorrow for.

Or just watch the whole thing and sleep in... oh the temptation!

#78 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Thanks! Sadly I doubt I'll be watching the whole game, but definitely the first period, maybe second too if the game seems worth sleeping in class tomorrow for.

Or just watch the whole thing and sleep in... oh the temptation!

Come on now, the American way is to sleep in for all your classes :sly:

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#79 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Durr Kronwall, what was that?
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#80 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Come on guys, you're playing like crap.