• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Dan Cleary

Rate this topic

Larry Murphy called it from preseason that Danny would have a breakout year because he's finally healthy. What can I say? Dude's got a hot stick right now. I normally called him Dan "Average" Cleary but I had to ditch it after this performance so far. Really impressed...

Larry Murphy called it from preseason that Danny would have a breakout year because he's finally healthy. What can I say? Dude's got a hot stick right now. I normally called him Dan "Average" Cleary but I had to ditch it after this performance so far. Really impressed...

Don't ditch it yet. That's what Dan Cleary is.

Dan Cleary is a 2 1/2 line player. He can hang on the second line but is really a third line type guy. He doesn't do anything exceptional, except work hard (which is his best trait). Players like that get hurt though, which he does...and often. He plays like Holmstrom to get his goals but isn't nearly as good at it as Homer. He hits, but not great. His point streaks are usually due to fortunate bounces (watch some of his recent goals), not necessarily because of his skill level. Dan Cleary's "upside", of 55 points or so, is probably only achievable because he plays on the Wings.

I don't have a problem with Danny, other than what we are paying him and for how long.

I will never forget the look on his face and the emotion he displayed, when he talked in a video I saw, about how grateful he was to the Red Wings organization in 2005 for giving him a chance to play hockey in Detroit.

It stuck with me, how devoted he was to this team - he owes them and they will get his best, always. He's a heart and soul player and when healthy, as dependable as they come. I'm a big fan of Dan the Man. :thumbup:

Guest Stolberg

Don't ditch it yet. That's what Dan Cleary is.

Dan Cleary is a 2 1/2 line player. He can hang on the second line but is really a third line type guy. He doesn't do anything exceptional, except work hard (which is his best trait). Players like that get hurt though, which he does...and often. He plays like Holmstrom to get his goals but isn't nearly as good at it as Homer. He hits, but not great. His point streaks are usually due to fortunate bounces (watch some of his recent goals), not necessarily because of his skill level. Dan Cleary's "upside", of 55 points or so, is probably only achievable because he plays on the Wings.

I don't have a problem with Danny, other than what we are paying him and for how long.

you hate fun

You know you can say he showed emotion and whatnot when he did just come to detroit, which is completely understandable. The scary thing about players like that is once they get comfortable and win a cup with the team they start to not show that grit and dedication like before. I think one of the greatest things we have going this year is the fun factor. Everyone on the lineup looks like theyre having fun and just enjoy playing the sport. That also contributes to a winning team.

I will never forget the look on his face and the emotion he displayed, when he talked in a video I saw, about how grateful he was to the Red Wings organization in 2005 for giving him a chance to play hockey in Detroit.

It stuck with me, how devoted he was to this team - he owes them and they will get his best, always. He's a heart and soul player and when healthy, as dependable as they come. I'm a big fan of Dan the Man. :thumbup:

In my opinion, CLeary personifies the best in the Canadian player: His heart and soul he gives to hockey, his bond with his teammates, his work ethic, his determination and tenacity on the ice, he's a contributor and a producer, and he lets his actions say it all, he does not say or do stupid things on or off the ice. He's a man's man and a player's player. C'mon, the guy challenged Pronger to a fight for God's sakes, I don't care what you think of Pronger, that takes a helluva a lot of courage. After the game the other night on Red Wings Live interview, Bertuzzi said what I've thought all along: "Clears has a very underrated set of hands" and eluded to his puck skills and finish ability.

Last year in the Cleary bashing thread, I posted that he could do it all. and gave examples of why he can play on any of the lines 1 through four. Last night Mickey Redmond said the smae thing. Dan CLeary is a complete player. If somebody does a highlight video of him, it could include him excelling at every aspect of the game.

Edited by T.Low

Hes like Franzen, very very very streaky, I don't want to bear the bad news, but he will cool down, and I am sure he will be on the whipping post 2 games after his production slows.

Some of you guys still wanna trade him?

9 goals: 1st on team(2 GWG: tied for lead)

5 assists: 4th on team

14 points: 3rd on team

+5: 5th on team

4th, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom and THEN Cleary. (just sayin :)

You know you can say he showed emotion and whatnot when he did just come to detroit, which is completely understandable. The scary thing about players like that is once they get comfortable and win a cup with the team they start to not show that grit and dedication like before. I think one of the greatest things we have going this year is the fun factor. Everyone on the lineup looks like theyre having fun and just enjoy playing the sport. That also contributes to a winning team.

Uhhh....you do realize he was on the Cup winning team in Detroit in 2008?

Uhhh....you do realize he was on the Cup winning team in Detroit in 2008?

Right right right, thats why I said when they win a cup, Cleary is already past that. Maybe you took that wrong or I wrote it wrong. Either way I didnt intend it like that!