• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Dan Cleary

Rate this topic

This is all I've found so far:

Red Wings RW Danny Cleary left the game late in the second period, after colliding with Calgary's Craig Conroy and taking a hit from the Flames' Mark Giordano. Cleary did not return. Babcock said the team would know more on Monday.

So worried. So very worried.

For what? We should have at least figured that this would happen to Cleary before the end of the season. Dan Cleary plays 65 game seasons. Not his fault, just the way it is.

Taking that into consideration, Abby has 7 pts in 10 games. Might mean some more powerplay time for him.

Someone will most likely step in and contribute. That someone might even be LGW's favorite whipping boy, Jiri Hudler. And when he pulls a Modano and turns it around I'm sure most of the haters will fall in Lilja love with him and the hotseat will be someone else's to sit in.

Get well soon though, Danny

its probably the best goal song ever played at the joe. This opinion is not bias in any way :cool:

The Irish Jig!

Although, despite everything, Cleary feels like a poor man's Shanny to me a bit. He doesn't have all of what Shanny had, but he brings it. I dunno, just me.

In my opinion, CLeary personifies the best in the Canadian player: His heart and soul he gives to hockey, his bond with his teammates, his work ethic, his determination and tenacity on the ice, he's a contributor and a producer, and he lets his actions say it all, he does not say or do stupid things on or off the ice.

Fixed. Not sure what the fact that he is Canadian had to do with it.

Being Canadian has everything to do with it... its in the blood, its in the culture

I don't want to get dragged into a debate about whether European players have inferior 'determination and work ethic' than Canadian players (though the playoff version of Mike Green compared to the playoff version of Zetterberg doesn't really help your argument). If you actually read my reply to the first post you will see that that was not my intent. I was simply pointing out that surely heart, work ethic, bond with teammates etc. personifies the best in any player, irrespective of nationality.