• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

There are 20 games for the Pistons on FSD+. They're just being fair.

The way it should be for the 36 conflicting scheduled games:

Red Wings games on FSD - 36, Red Wings games on FSD+ - 0
Pistons games on FSD - 0, Pistons games on FSD+ - 36

that's fair to the viewer... even aside from the fact that the NBA is a HORRIBLE product, the Pistons are downright wretched this year and no one should really be subjected to that...

Edited by stevkrause, 18 November 2010 - 04:19 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#22 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

We need to start a rally to convince FSN Detroit that quite honestly.... noone cares about that s***ty ???sport??? they call basketball.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#23 Lord Stanely

Lord Stanely

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:North Central Iowa, via Chicago, via Adrian, MI; via Warren

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

I've been getting crystal clear HD on FSD+. I have directv, so they do HD right and I haven't had a problem. If you can, I suggest switching :D

Even GCL games are in HD too, NHL has gotten it's s*** together when it comes to HD.

I have Directv as well (out of state) with a dealer card (I get over 800 channels- including center ice, sunday ticket, center court, extra innings, etc). When I watch Wings games the quality (in HD) is much lower than say Chicago HD. WHY???? It always looks like the games are 10+ years old and then I switch to Chicago and it is TRUE HD. I'm looking at ice scrapes on the ice, pot marks on players faces, etc and for Detroit it is "fuzzy".

What number on DTV are you watching the games on- to make sure I have the right channel(s).

Edited by Lord Stanely, 18 November 2010 - 05:51 PM.

Stuck in God-forsaken North Central Iowa with no hockey, hills, food or trees!

#24 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

I've been getting crystal clear HD on FSD+. I have directv, so they do HD right and I haven't had a problem. If you can, I suggest switching :D

Even GCL games are in HD too, NHL has gotten it's s*** together when it comes to HD.

well not all of us have the same access to nhl games as you!!!! :ph34r:

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#25 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

Since I've made the switch to DirecTV I've been very happy concerning the HD feed quality on Center Ice.

As long as games are in HD - I'm a happy camper.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#26 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

What number on DTV are you watching the games on- to make sure I have the right channel(s).

Uh..FSD-HD channel 663

Ever consider comparing between the 720p and 1080i? One might work better over the other.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#27 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

i wish FSN+ would die and FSN would realize no one cares about the pistons; resulting in all wings games in crystal clear FSN HD.

#28 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

fsn+ is hd now, at least the oilers game a few games ago was

When did this happen and what channel is it on?? I have Comcast and I only see the 1 channel and I haven't seen anything in HD.

#29 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:12 PM

For the Detroit area in specific, I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I can bet you people in here will be biased in here saying that people like the Red Wings more than watching the Pistons. May be true in the end of things, but that's just by strong opinion by a large amount of people in a Red Wings forum in all likelihood.

I personally like hockey over basketball in terms of viewing. I'm assuming most people in here do as well.

However, in general, a lot more people identify with basketball a lot more than hockey, whether we like it or not, whether it is fair or not. It isn't as expensive, there's easier access, etc.

The Pistons being a local professional team deserve their fair share of games as well, no matter how much we in here might pout and moan about it and not like basketball as much or at all.

#30 David

David

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

Five minutes before game time restart your entire system. I've had to do this twice since moving to AT&T and it seems to remedy the situation. For some reason once the box sees that there isn't regular programming it gets "stupid". After restarting last night I had no problem with record, pause, fast forward or replay.

I'll give that a try, thanks!