• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/19 GDT: Wild 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Osgood? I would feel safer with Ericsson in the net, this team hasn't got a decent backup and howard have serious rebound issues

Yea, that 10-2 record is so hard to swallow. Sounds like you should go back to the Blackhawks bandwagon.

Except the Red Wings had the puck in Minnesota's zone 95% of the game and the Wild still managed to score four goals (three of which are solely on Howard).

I'm all for saying it wasn't a great team effort, but Jimmy Howard and his lack of rebound control cost us a point tonight. He'll bail the team out plenty this season, but he really deserves the blame for this loss. I think even idiots could see that.

So the defensive coverage in front of the net didn't matter? Lidstrom not picking his guy up on the final goal didn't matter? I guess the old addage rings true here...

Win, and its a team effort.

Lose, and its the goalies fault.

Wow, where have I heard that before? Typically from armchair hockey fans.

I just got back from the game.

Well Piss.

Wild had a good first period and the Wings looked flat. I was incredibly frustrated that the Wings couldn't get anything going on the 5 on 3 in the 2nd period, Hudler was absolutely useless out there. The fourth line, however, was fantastic. As for the tying goal, as soon as Howie kicked out that rebound, I knew the Wild would score there. Disappointing end, too. At least they got a point.

Osgood? I would feel safer with Ericsson in the net, this team hasn't got a decent backup and howard have HAS serious rebound issues

Fixed it for ya

Don't you mean Janik? You wanted to start him over Ericsson, remember?

Not as a goalie, anyone is better than osgood really.

The man does have a few wins and Stanley Cup Rings.

people are complaining about howard? what is he 10-1-2? thats incredible f***

didnt see most of the game but it looked like we got payed back from stealing the st louis game. 1 min 24 seconds from winning and they stole it away after 44 shots!

oh well, they fought back from a 0-2 lead to grab a lead wish they coulda finished it. nice to see the 4th line getting it on tonight, sucks to see none of the top lines really get anything.

go wings!

tough loss but with the way the team is playing you can let a game go here and there

Howard had an off night but its like Babcock said the boys gotta be there for him on those nights like he is there for them when it is him standing on his head and with the chances tonight Wings should have lit up Jose ThreeOrMore

ah well got a point on to the next one

GO WINGS!

Seems like Detroit played like the better team but lost due to last minute shanigans by the Wild. Similar to the Blues game but reversed.

Oh well. Pretty much a joke that I was only able to watch the final 4 minutes of the game and watch the Wild take the W.

I don't know if it's about line adjustments right now. They just have to find a way to play with desperation. But, I mean, as a coach, how can you help that?

You are right they do need to play with a wee bit more urgency and I think Babs needs to challenge these guys. Tell them flat out he wants them to lead us to victory come next game. Double shift them individually with other lines? /shrugs Also to dumb down their puck possession a bit and crash the net more. At times it seems like they wait and wait and wait playing merry-go-round with the puck on the outside just a little bit longer than needed.

I'm sure Babs has an idea to get these guys going. He isn't the Wings coach for nothing. :P

Edited by dragonballgtz

Guest Heaten

When Red Wings didn't score on that 5v3, I knew we weren't going to win. I'd like to see the statistics of how often a team loses when they fail to score on their 5v3 opportunity.

And damn is the 4th like kick ass or what?? If not for them, who knows what....

Ericsson single-handedly saved a goal from his heads up play. He's been a BEAST this season. Sucks for Kindl tho, no way will he get a chance if big Rig keeps playing like this. Good problem to have tho.

Probably best that they lost. They played well, but like the St. Louis game, were very sloppy and were carried by their bottom lines. Lidstrom, Franzen, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg have to step up. Nick missed like five shots on that 5-on-3, and he's getting paid $6M to hit those.

Just like in '08, it's good for them to go through periods where they play poorly (according to their standards) and lose, rather than winning games they admit they could have played better.

Probably best that they lost. They played well, but like the St. Louis game, were very sloppy and were carried by their bottom lines. Lidstrom, Franzen, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg have to step up. Nick missed like five shots on that 5-on-3, and he's getting paid $6M to hit those.

Just like in '08, it's good for them to go through periods where they play poorly (according to their standards) and lose, rather than winning games they admit they could have played better.

Watching that 5 on 3 sure was strange.

Guest mindfly

he shouldn't be needing any rest as he's a 26 year old sophomore and in a contract year, there are no excuses.

Guest Stolberg

if being a goaltender is anything like being a boring half-assed troll

and if howard is anything like mindfly

then rest is unnecessary