• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/21 GDT: Flames 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

To be fair, 20 games is decades in mindfly years.

I forgot that it was Mindfly.

Incidently Hudler has only played in 15 games. Hudler was great 2 years ago and last year he was awesome playing in Europe where obviously the game is different but he as proven in the last 2 years that:

1. He is very talented

2. He can put up 20+ goals in the NHL

And now people are giving up on him after 15 games. I'll bet there are a few other guys in the league who didn't play well for 15 or more games.

He has the talent and he has the ability so give him a break

To the people saying Hudler has proven he can score 20 goals, well so has Patrick Eaves and he can still kill penalties and plays with some grit. Hudler needs to be traded, its not like we get nothing in return if we trade him? We could probably get a pretty solid prospect for him.

As for the game tonight I think the wings win big, Abdelkader fights Kostopolous, Ericcson might fight too (just seems like western Canada games are rough) and datsyuk does something sweet

5-1 wings

Two of my favorites teams are playing Calgary today, the Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing the Calgary Stampeders in the Western Final in the Canadian Football League. As I said on the Roughriders Message Board, "Calgary can suck it!" :lol:

I want to see howie get a shutout tonight. this is hudler's last chance in my books. if he doesn't bring it today im jumping on the "trade hudler" train. I hate to see eaves and miller sit for this leach. I also hate babs' lines for the game. fil should be playing with more skilled players. I'm going 3-0 with Z,dats,cleary scoring. No late period goals means a shutout for jimmy.

Yes it's been close to 20games and he hasn't shown anything what so ever...now in hindsight it was a fail signing, no one can deny that.

I think Hudler is an NHL capable player. It's when we got guys making considerably less money than him, but producing more offensively that I get a problem. You pay guys a certain amount, under the expectation that they will be worth their paycheck. Hudler has been far below his pay grade for the entire season.

If he was a fourth liner who we picked up for half a million, I'd say "Give him time", and "Lets see".

I don't think Hudler is worthless. I think on many teams he would be a second line player, and I fully believe on the right team, under the right system, with the right line-mates, Hudler can be a 60-70 point guy. He isn't doing that in Detroit at all, however.

There is a point at which you need to stop looking at potential, and start looking at production. Hudler, IMO, is past the point of seeing him for potential. He needs to start putting up points fast, and playing in more key situations, otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see Hudler on the trading block before long.

Hell a place like Edmonton, he could be a 30 goal scorer I bet.

I like Huds. I just feel "At this time", that it might be in both our interests and his interests, to consider other options. Or at least, start considering them.

Edited by truebladearmy

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

oooo Danny O!!

i can only hope and wish for fair officiating tonight... :blush::lol::hehe:

I want the Miller,Helm,Eaves line reunited. Eaves and Miller should be rewarded for their hard work and hustle not punished by having to rotate in and out of the line up.

They were both re-signed, that's a pretty good reward if I say so myself. They should be playing every night, but Babcok won't take Hudler out of the lineup.

oooo Danny O!!

i can only hope and wish for fair officiating tonight... :blush::lol::hehe:

OT: Love the avatar!

To the people saying Hudler has proven he can score 20 goals, well so has Patrick Eaves and he can still kill penalties and plays with some grit. Hudler needs to be traded, its not like we get nothing in return if we trade him? We could probably get a pretty solid prospect for him.

As for the game tonight I think the wings win big, Abdelkader fights Kostopolous, Ericcson might fight too (just seems like western Canada games are rough) and datsyuk does something sweet

5-1 wings

You're kidding right? Hudler scored 23 goals in his last season in the NHL which was only 2 years ago. Eaves scored 20 goals 5 years ago in his rookie season. That is obviously not a valid comparison.

I get it, you don't like Hudler because he's not a fighter but don't make things up to justify your hate.

I think Hudler is an NHL capable player. It's when we got guys making considerably less money than him, but producing more offensively that I get a problem. You pay guys a certain amount, under the expectation that they will be worth their paycheck. Hudler has been far below his pay grade for the entire season.

If he was a fourth liner who we picked up for half a million, I'd say "Give him time", and "Lets see".

I don't think Hudler is worthless. I think on many teams he would be a second line player, and I fully believe on the right team, under the right system, with the right line-mates, Hudler can be a 60-70 point guy. He isn't doing that in Detroit at all, however.

There is a point at which you need to stop looking at potential, and start looking at production. Hudler, IMO, is past the point of seeing him for potential. He needs to start putting up points fast, and playing in more key situations, otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see Hudler on the trading block before long.

Hell a place like Edmonton, he could be a 30 goal scorer I bet.

I like Huds. I just feel "At this time", that it might be in both our interests and his interests, to consider other options. Or at least, start considering them.

What happens if we trade Huds for prospects and one forward goes down to injury?

Fortunately Kenny is not as short sighted as you are.

So the top 2 lines tonight are

Filppula Datsyuk Holmstrom

Franzen Z Hudler

Sounds good to me. Hopefully we can get everyone going. If the Modano line ever slows down I think that putting reuniting Clears with Flip and Pav would be a good move.

If they said those are the lines for tonight during the pregame, I so called this in last games thread. But I would expect Z and D to get double shifted.